Colin Kazim-Richards Fan Club

David

8 hours ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

I know you are not supposed to be able to teach an old dog new tricks, but if Rooney can work on CKR’s weaknesses just 10-20% then he will me a more than useful player next season.

CKR's weaknesses would be non existent if we had intelligent runners like Bryson, Russell, Ward, Hughes, Hendrick etc, prepared to gamble and run beyond him when he draws players out of position. 

Mind you, some questioned Chrissy Martin as well, go figure...

Massive fan of ckr,but did i expect us to be going into this season with him as our only real striker? (Assuming Waggers is leaving as would appear likely)

Colin should have been playing a part time role this year and god knows how he will stand up to a full season's shenanigans,the poor sod.

In our current and forseeable situation however,with a transfer embargo,i really can't see the alternative.

We saw what happened at the beginning of last season when we didn't have an effective number 9 in.

Edited by kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong

17 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Maybe there was no-one to link with.

I think it was more down to him being only half fit, 34, and in some squads at the time our only recognised centre forward.

I disagree with it tactically, but could understand why it might be being done, it's just that when half fit he was losing a lot of the physical battles he'd previously been winning, his actual heading ability is not the the greatest so playing as a target man didn't really work, and it meant he stopped being of much use outside the box as well.

However that was probably better than asking him to do too much and ending up with nobody to play there at all!

Knight and Sibley are both players who if played centrally are a threat when running with it and playing a 1-2 with a deep lying forward, as we saw when they played with Martin, Shinnie too but he's less likely to be a goal threat.

Edited by Coconut

In most other championship squads, I think ckr is a substitute. 

At his age and ability he is not the man you build your hopes on achieving anything at championship level.

Knight, sibley and lawrence are not likely to score 10 plus goals in a season.

The transfer ban harms the club.

6 minutes ago, Oldben said:

In most other championship squads, I think ckr is a substitute. 

At his age and ability he is not the man you build your hopes on achieving anything at championship level.

Knight, sibley and lawrence are not likely to score 10 plus goals in a season.

The transfer ban harms the club.

It's not a ban. As was pointed out by the LAP we made two permanent signing in summer 2020. We need the money to spend.

12 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

It's not a ban. As was pointed out by the LAP we made two permanent signing in summer 2020. We need the money to spend.

I read somewhere that the efl allowed us those two signings despite the embargo...

I don't quite understand that,it's not as if they like to do us any favours.

So in theory,we still have a transfer embargo until we submit all of our accounts again.

At least,i think that's how it is...??

2 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

I read somewhere that the efl allowed us those two signings despite the embargo...

I don't quite understand that,it's not as if they like to do us any favours.

So in theory,we still have a transfer embargo until we submit all of our accounts again.

At least,i think that's how it is...??

We can still make certain 'free' signings and loans dependant on wages being 'low'. And I'm sure someone said if we didn't have a full squad of so many players we could make signings? Was that you @Ghost of Clough?

16 minutes ago, Oldben said:

What quality free signing can Derby get if the offer on the table is low wages

Colin? I don't get the point of your post, unless it was irony. 

How much do you think the Clough Jnr lads were on out of interest?

Edited by RoyMac5

• 4 weeks later...

I'm all for ckr as a future manager here or elsewhere,once his playing career is done,clearly a decent home loving bloke who gets his priorities right.

He's a strong leader who puts his arms around the new kids on the pitch but also dishes out bollockings as required.

Easily my favourite player at the the club with his ability as our number 9.

Plus,I can actually understand what he says and he clearly knows the of a strong hold up striker which I always admire in a gaffer!

• 1 month later...