Colin Kazim-Richards Fan Club

David

3 hours ago, Jram said:

His interview was brilliant. I’m so sick of the cliches, it makes watching any player interview (or, frankly, pundit interview but that’s another issue) pointless because they show zero charisma and just spout bullocks. Kazim showed them the way 

Absolutely, you can't fault his attitude. Watching the Wycombe and Coventry games he was always talking and encouraging everyone around him and that's exactly what we need. This squad isn't lacking in quality, not to the extent where we should be bottom of the table, but when you're in a rut you need grafters, leaders and players with heart who are up for the fight, and CKR is exactly that kind of player. And, in fairness, he isn't exactly lacking in quality himself.

7 minutes ago, WestKentRam said:

Didn't have the rub of the green today but couldn't fault his effort and also intelligence standing in front of Millwall's keeper in a non-offsidey way to obstruct his view of Knight's shot and goal that CKR  could see was incoming.

I've just watched Sky Sports' highlights back again and didn't notice that first time round. I thought it was really intelligent play from him to position himself in front of the keeper, to impede him without fouling.

That kind of experience and quick thinking is vital if we want to pick up points. He essentially took the keeper out of the game in a legal way, to prevent him having any chance of recovering to block Knighty's follow up. CKR is growing on me game after game.

8 minutes ago, Kernow said:

I've just watched Sky Sports' highlights back again and didn't notice that first time round. I thought it was really intelligent play from him to position himself in front of the keeper, to impede him without fouling.

That kind of experience and quick thinking is vital if we want to pick up points. He essentially took the keeper out of the game in a legal way, to prevent him having any chance of recovering to block Knighty's follow up. CKR is growing on me game after game.

Interesting to see whether Rooney rests him next game.  Squad rotation is important with this compressed season and he was out of gas

2 minutes ago, Spanish said:

Interesting to see whether Rooney rests him next game.  Squad rotation is important with this compressed season and he was out of gas

I think he might go with him again for an away game against a side like Brentford. His physical presence provides a good outlet when we're undoubtedly going to be spending a lot of time in our own half. I doubt he'll last the whole game, but he should be able to make an impact still.

Just now, Kernow said:

I think he might go with him again for an away game against a side like Brentford. His physical presence provides a good outlet when we're undoubtedly going to be spending a lot of time in our own half. I doubt he'll last the whole game, but he should be able to make an impact still.

Another chance to see what Rooney as a manager is made of.  Easy decision is to play him but I guess whatever he decides the haters will disagree 

Fair play to the guy. Hardly a signing to light up the summer but he's come in, is working hard and is having an impact on the pitch. 

Definitely proving a few folk wrong or at least exceeding expectations. On his way to cult hero status if he keeps this up. 

Edited by JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta

11 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Fair play to the guy. Hardly a signing to light up the summer but he's come in, is working hard and is having an impact on the pitch. 

Definitely proving a few folk wrong or at least exceeding expectations. On his way to cult hero status if he keeps this up. 

Yeah there's going to be lots of mea culpea. ? He should be the reserve though, hope we can sign someone in Jan. But if we can't someone put a picture of Dorian Gray in Colin's attic! ?

I was shocked when we signed him it really felt like a signing for the sake of it as Martin left a bit like Efe Ambrose signed just to fill in the gaps, I didn’t think he’d play or score all season when Rooney left him out first game I thought that might be it for him already with Stretton trialest   etc but he’s shown fight in training got in the side and changed us big time, he’s been great off the field and great on it,  the next few weeks may be hard on him due his fitness with all the games coming up but he’s certainly proved myself and a lot others wrong

2 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:
I love this man. He has the potential to be an iconic figure for us.

I think you’re right. I admire a man who makes his own stand, his own opinion, and doesn’t follow cliche ridden social media momentum. On what I’ve seen so far he is a Top Man and a cracking example of a sporting player with serious leadership qualities. 

I think I might be becoming a Colin groupie ?

I don’t actually think he’s that good. It’s more a case of he’s exactly what we need. He’s the Martin cover we needed for years. He just happens to be his replacement.

I still love him to bits already like. 

Edit: He’s got the best attitude I’ve ever seen from a Derby player and I’m not even a big believer in attitude or any of that baalocks. 

Edited by cannable