Colin Kazim-Richards Fan Club

David

On 29/11/2020 at 00:50, David said:

Applications are now open, membership is free, you just have to love having a striker that doesn’t end up on his arse every 5 minutes and can piggyback defenders with ease.

Who’s in?

I'm in.

You can tell he’s played abroad, he’s got the attitude of someone who’s had to prove himself over and over again everywhere he’s been. At 33, he’s seen it all and appears to have really stepped up as a leader. Also, has the audacity of someone who’s played in South America, he’ll meg someone and he’s got the first touch to back it up.

He’s not Martin but they have the same effect on the team. Outlet up top, hold the ball up and get other players involved. He’s got height and athleticism that Martin doesn’t but isn’t quite the same threat on the edge of the box. We’re not cutting teams open much but fortunately CKR has given us the first real threat from crosses we’ve had for a while. Suddenly Buchanan, Forsyth and Byrne are putting in some excellent deliveries because they have a target.

Love him for now and I think he’ll have a role to play in important moments this season. He’s proven how effective a target man is for us so I’d hope we’ll bring Dursun in January and look to ship out Waghorn. He’s only got 6 months left on his contract but there’s a chance he could cover the Dursun fee. Waghorn’s 31 in January while Dursun’s only just turned 29, seems like a no brainer if it’s possible?

6 hours ago, Chris_Martin said:

He really has surprised me these last 2 games.

Strong, Great in the air, holds the ball up, bullies opposition, good awareness, good touch/control, decent vision, and he has more pace than you'd think too. 

What i loved more than anything was him constantly motivating his teammates though. 

Watched him and Knight on our corner and he had his hands in his shoulders talking him through it, great to see! 

I hope his attitude rubs off on the rest of the team.

He’s past his best but still looks good against our other forwards.

That should tell those running the club where our priorities lie in January.

We have been starved of a proper centre forward for years. Martin is a foil not a line leader. 

We now also need a centre half with CKR’s attitude.