Colin Kazim-Richards Fan Club

David

No one likes I told you so's... but I told you so. ?

My own quote from his transfer thread.

I absolutely love this signing!

At 34, he is at optimal age to be a target man. Remember Grant Holt? He had his best season as 34 and he is not the only one. He should still have needed physicality and finally having the mentality and the understanding of the game at the level it demands.

I gladly take him over our other striker options.

8 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

No one likes I told you so's... but I told you so. ?

My own quote from his transfer thread.

I absolutely love this signing!

At 34, he is at optimal age to be a target man. Remember Grant Holt? He had his best season as 34 and he is not the only one. He should still have needed physicality and finally having the mentality and the understanding of the game at the level it demands.

I gladly take him over our other striker options.

That's easy to say with hindsight ?

15 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

It's the black power salute.

Good on him.

Not sure about that and it is a dangerous subject because some may try to twist my comments into a racist context.  Doing something different to everybody else is wrong IMO. Taking the knee is about a statement against discrimination against all groups not just one group.  What he does is being interpreted as superiority by those wishing to defend the booing.

24 minutes ago, Spanish said:

Not sure about that and it is a dangerous subject because some may try to twist my comments into a racist context.  Doing something different to everybody else is wrong IMO. Taking the knee is about a statement against discrimination against all groups not just one group.  What he does is being interpreted as superiority by those wishing to defend the booing.

I don't particually want to get into the subject here, and there's threads on it elsewhere, but in a nutshell I wholeheartedly support CKR doing it. From him, it's genuine, heartfelt and a definance against perdudice and injustice. He shouldn't do it because racists will claim he's the one who is racist.....what kind of BS is that? That's my two pennies worth, and I'm probably not the one who's going to solve the wider issues of racism in sports an society.

12 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I don't particually want to get into the subject here, and there's threads on it elsewhere, but in a nutshell I wholeheartedly support CKR doing it. From him, it's genuine, heartfelt and a definance against perdudice and injustice. He shouldn't do it because racists will claim he's the one who is racist.....what kind of BS is that? That's my two pennies worth, and I'm probably not the one who's going to solve the wider issues of racism in sports an society.

He should take the knee, no reason not to

16 minutes ago, Spanish said:

He should take the knee, no reason not to

I don't want to offend people so I will put it simply :

1.Taking the knee is a physical symbol of deference and submission. 

2. BLM is political 

3.BLM does not support all black people it supports black people who feel marginalised,  the black power stance is more suitable for someone who has a strong sense of agency and pride. 

Not saying nobody should do it, but it's not for everyone and it wouldn't be for me either.  I support him doing whatever he wants nobody should be forced to do anything as thats is authoritarian. 

Edited by Marriot Ram99

I had a feeling Kazim would be a good signing just of the basis off his galatasary highlights and his recent spell in Mexico, you don't have the technique to play as a Nani style winger as a youngster and brute strength and then not be a good championship target man. 

Edited by Marriot Ram99

CKR has done well but at 34yrs old is he just a stop gap signing for one season we need a least two quality younger strikers that can take us forward so I would thank for him his services at the end of the season but should be released. 

Edited by cstand

6 minutes ago, cstand said:

CKR has done well but at 34yrs old is he just a stop gap signing for one season we need a least two quality younger strikers that can take us forward so I would thank for him his services at the end of the season but should be released. 

If hes not able to run then yes, but at 35 he still might  be good. I know it's an extreme example but I'm pretty sure Ibrahimovic is 39 now and top scorer in the Serie A and Vardy is getting on and still a very good player. If hes still fit then he could do another season probably. 

Edited by Marriot Ram99

51 minutes ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

I don't want to offend people so I will put it simply :

1.Taking the knee is a physical symbol of deference and submission. 

2. BLM is political 

3.BLM does not support all black people it supports black people who feel marginalised,  the black power stance is more suitable for someone who has a strong sense of agency and pride. 

Not saying nobody should do it, but it's not for everyone and it wouldn't be for me either.  I support him doing whatever he wants nobody should be forced to do anything as thats is authoritarian. 

that argument ends up with people being forced into taking the knee when some don't want to.  To me that feels uncomfortably close to justifying booing in some odd people's eyes.

16 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Also, I think some credit needs to go to Cocu. Probably knew the signing wouldnt appease the fans but was smart enough to give CKR a few weeks training at the club to see how he was both as a player and as a person before signing him

or he hadn't had the time to change him into the sort of player that works in his weird game plan.  Cocu was awful and we were down if we had kept on with this.  We both have different views on Cocu and I dare say we will look on evidence in different ways

14 minutes ago, Spanish said:

that argument ends up with people being forced into taking the knee when some don't want to.  To me that feels uncomfortably close to justifying booing in some odd people's eyes.

Nothing wrong with booing depending on the motive for it to me,  as I've said some will be racist but if you don't know peoples motives you can't claim everyone to be the same. It's peoples right to express themselves and booing is hardly guaranteed to be  done with hate,  wouldn't boo myself in that situation because of how it comes across. Also people already are forced into the taking the knee, and because we live in a  PC anti political culture the sort of questions that should be had aren't being raised, alot of people will be pissed about it but will do it to conform. The BBC is helping to spread an anti politics where nothing PC can be questioned, very dangerous and counter productive I think. 

Edited by Marriot Ram99