Christopher Hugh Martin Fan Club

Animal is a Ram

5 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

derbycounty.news: ‘Leader, genuine quality’: Bristol City’s Jamie Paterson raves about ex-Derby ace Chris Martin.

https://www.derbycounty.news/news/leader-genuine-quality-bristol-citys-jamie-paterson-raves-about-ex-Derby-ace-chris-martin/

Written by the great Bris Vegas. 

5 hours ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

derbycounty.news: ‘Leader, genuine quality’: Bristol City’s Jamie Paterson raves about ex-Derby ace Chris Martin.

https://www.derbycounty.news/news/leader-genuine-quality-bristol-citys-jamie-paterson-raves-about-ex-Derby-ace-chris-martin/

Bristol city club shop will ship to the US. I quite like that 2nd kit. Martin or Simmo on the back?

Very easy for me to say at the moment, I know we're only 4 (6 inc cup) games in, but Chris Martin is some player.

He's directly contributed to 5 goals already, 3 assists and 2 goals, a MOTM contender in every game he's played so far.

I can't believe you wouldn't give him a 2 year deal, not that I know if that was the deciding factor or not.

I can't say I know much about the way you play but he has been great for us so far.

Paterson, Wiemann & Martin combing to beat Forest.

Side note, Wiemann has been playing CM for us, who would've thought?

Good luck for the rest of the season.

Edited by Bristol City

12 minutes ago, Bristol City said:

Very easy for me to say at the moment, I know we're only 4 (6 inc cup) games in, but Chris Martin is some player.

He's directly contributed to 5 goals already, 3 assists and 2 goals, a MOTM contender in every game he's played so far.

I can't believe you wouldn't give him a 2 year deal, not that I know if that was the deciding factor or not.

I can't say I know much about the way you play but he has been great for us so far.

Best striker we've had in years. Trust me, a huge amount of fans thoroughly regret the decision not to offer him a better deal. Technically incredible footballer, if you give him runners around him, he'll create a huge number of goals and is clinical with his chances. Hope he continues to do well with you, he deserves to play in a good team. 

27 minutes ago, Bristol City said:

The Weimann thing makes sense cos he cannot strike a ball, so passing with his instep is suited. 

59 minutes ago, Bristol City said:

DD74685C-9A00-4D4E-8D2E-46326EC68236.jpeg

3 hours ago, Bristol City said:

??

10 hours ago, Bristol City said:

As a fellow bristol fan (come on you robins) I can't agree more. Probably looking at player of the season if he keeps on at this rate. Unbelievable that Derby would undervalue him so much. Can't wait to see this team in the prem

25 minutes ago, wixman1884 said:

As a fellow bristol fan (come on you robins) I can't agree more. Probably looking at player of the season if he keeps on at this rate. Unbelievable that Derby would undervalue him so much. Can't wait to see this team in the prem

I'm a bit confused now .  Is this a family thing ?

18 hours ago, Bristol City said:

Most of us knew this,with the odd exception.

he's a fantastic footballer,especially in the right set up like yours and you have done great business taking him on.

we are are regretting this poor decision already and several games in we haven't replaced him and are suffering as a result.

Saving money has cost us money in the long term i.m.o

good luck to you and Martin although I don't think you will need it mate.

1 hour ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Most of us knew this,with the odd exception.

he's a fantastic footballer,especially in the right set up like yours and you have done great business taking him on.

we are are regretting this poor decision already and several games in we haven't replaced him and are suffering as a result.

Saving money has cost us money in the long term i.m.o

good luck to you and Martin although I don't think you will need it mate.

Maybe the change of scenery has reinvigorated him. Just cos he’s doing so well for Bristol, doesn’t automatically suggest he would have done as well for us. I love Martin almost too much, but I don’t hold it against him or the club that it might be time for him to try something and somewhere new. 

it looks like he’s back to his best, on to hit the numbers he reached during his hey day with us. But there’s been nothing really in the past few seasons here that suggested he was in anything other than decline. I genuinely think the change of environment has done him good. 

2 hours ago, TigerTedd said:

But there’s been nothing really in the past few seasons here that suggested he was in anything other than decline.

Well previous to last season he'd been loaned out (succesfully - mostly - to Fulham!) and was ill for a couple of those last seasons. However we got him back fit last season and his stats at the end of the season were amongst the best in the Championship. So hardly what could be described as decline!!! For decline see Marriott. ?

Edited by RoyMac5

This is why I struggle to get behind the common argument that 'the players aren't good enough'.

How many of our players have gone to fellow Championship clubs and walked into the first XI? How many of our players have gone to fellow Championship clubs and become key players?

Martin is just the latest. It was obvious that he would go to a top half club and elevate them. It's only taken six games and Diedhiou is the forgotten man. It is no surprise to anyone.

I have to admit to feeling a little frustrated at our plight. We can't bring in a striker for love nor money, meanwhile Bristol City can start with Martin and Wells, and have two or three good options off the bench.

4 hours ago, Jourdan said:

This is why I struggle to get behind the common argument that 'the players aren't good enough'.

How many of our players have gone to fellow Championship clubs and walked into the first XI? How many of our players have gone to fellow Championship clubs and become key players?

Martin is just the latest. It was obvious that he would go to a top half club and elevate them. It's only taken six games and Diedhiou is the forgotten man. It is no surprise to anyone.

I have to admit to feeling a little frustrated at our plight. We can't bring in a striker for love nor money, meanwhile Bristol City can start with Martin and Wells, and have two or three good options off the bench.

Chris Martin? Bradley Johnson? 

Can’t think of many others, especially not from last season which is where the argument of the squad being poor has come from? Can you think of many (or any) others?