Christopher Hugh Martin Fan Club

Animal is a Ram

2 hours ago, Boycie said:

He’s coming home, he’s coming home, he’s coming! The Wardrobes coming home.

On a free transfer obviously, he’ll have to wave his last 6 months wages though and accept a pittance in return,

But, he’s coming!

Wages dependent it wouldn’t be the worst signig for league 1…

BUT…

I think part of the reason he left Derby was for a fresh start and he seems pretty settled in the Bristol area so I can’t see it to be honest, unless there’s real cash flow problems at Bristol I’d imagine his contract will be renewed or he will get another year in the championship 

Edited by TuffLuff

21 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

Wages dependent it wouldn’t be the worst signig for league 1…

BUT…

I think part of the reason he left Derby was for a fresh start and he seems pretty settled in the Bristol area so I can’t see it to be honest, unless there’s real cash flow problems at Bristol I’d imagine his contract will be renewed or he will get another year in the championship 

Yeah,he's not coming back here as a player,perhaps in some other capacity in later years,who knows.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Nice little story about Chris Martin from yesterday.

He had promised one of our really regular fans a signed shirt just before lockdown. Life took over and he was subsequently transferred out without seeing her again.

She stopped behind to see him earlier in the season away at Bristol City away and mid conversation he recalled about the shirt.

Knowing he would probably see her again yesterday, he brought the signed Derby shirt, which he'd obviously saved, with him to give to her. Genuinely nice bloke.

FB_IMG_1650788722851.jpg

On 24/04/2022 at 09:27, angieram said:

Nice little story about Chris Martin from yesterday.

He had promised one of our really regular fans a signed shirt just before lockdown. Life took over and he was subsequently transferred out without seeing her again.

She stopped behind to see him earlier in the season away at Bristol City away and mid conversation he recalled about the shirt.

Knowing he would probably see her again yesterday, he brought the signed Derby shirt, which he'd obviously saved, with him to give to her. Genuinely nice bloke.

FB_IMG_1650788722851.jpg

For all the debate about when was the right time to let him go or not clouding things and splitting opinions he was a top player for us and probably the best times of his career were with derby

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Not. A. Chance.

You only have to listen to Paul Warne talk about intensity, leaving everything out there on the pitch, no way would he be happy with a player stood around with his hands down his shorts waiting for the ball.

Just not his style.