Christopher Hugh Martin Fan Club

Animal is a Ram

36 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Never heard of a single Derby fan saying Chris Martin is a “Sheringham of the championship” ????

I think I might have done once, under the influence, when trying to explain his influence to Mrs Ilkley, who has no idea of anything football related.  The reference was lost on her. Don't know how the drizzles got to hear about it though.

Sorry.  My bad as the youngsters say (apparently)

Edited by ilkleyram
added a bit

Chris Martin - 8

Silky first touch meant that almost anything went to him stuck. However should have done better when he shot wide from just inside the area after 20 minutes. Lovely turn past Clucas on 48 minutes showed his class. Superb hook across goal created the opening score, then a cute free-kick won late on. Diedhiou has a lot to do to reclaim his place in the side.

From Bristol Live.

Why do people keep creating Chris Martin threads while I'm settling down for the night? They keep being up for far too long.

To engage with them though: This constant assumption that he wanted to come back is the primary fuel on this constant Chris Martin thread-creating fire.
I think its very likely he simply didn't want to come back.

Edited by SaintRam

2 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

Chris Martin - 8

Silky first touch meant that almost anything went to him stuck. However should have done better when he shot wide from just inside the area after 20 minutes. Lovely turn past Clucas on 48 minutes showed his class. Superb hook across goal created the opening score, then a cute free-kick won late on. Diedhiou has a lot to do to reclaim his place in the side.

From Bristol Live.

We'll probably sign Diedhiou  on loan and the forum will crash 24/7

20 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Martin was quality today. It looks to me, a bit like Weimann, Derby have not used him correctly over the years.

That cider is some powerful stuff. Only 2 players have scored more goals for us since the 70's and one of them holds the record for the most appearances in a Rams shirt. 

Looking forward to Bristol finally using him correctly, so he can score 500 goals in one season.

Stalking Bristol City forums because I'm completely obsessed with Chris Martin still...

this "what player can we not afford to lose" thread features him heavily. 

His link play is absolutely different class at this level. His touch, his awareness, the way he uses his body. He’s going to be SO important to us this season.

also this thread almost brought me to tears

this year can absolutely do one.