Christopher Hugh Martin Fan Club

Animal is a Ram

21 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

I think you missed the title of the area where this was posted...the ex rams section where ex rams and their current situations is discussed.

Here's a tip,if you don't wish to read about ex rams,keep out of the ex rams section and your blood pressure might improve too.

Eh? You seem to have confused me talking about Chris Martin on the appropriate thread with me not wanting people to talk about Chris Martin on the appropriate thread.

Or are you going for the literal interpretation of the thread title? Only adoration and wistful longing allowed?

Not sure what the nonsense about blood pressure is about, other than a scenario you've completely imagined in your own head whereby any opinion you don't like means the poster must be bashing away at the keyboard, face as red as a baboon's arse.

Edited by Coconut

15 minutes ago, Coconut said:

Eh? You seem to have confused me talking about Chris Martin on the appropriate thread with me not wanting people to talk about Chris Martin on the appropriate thread.

Or are you going for the literal interpretation of the thread title? Only adoration and wistful longing allowed?

Not sure what the nonsense about blood pressure is about, other than a scenario you've completely imagined in your own head whereby any opinion you don't like means the poster must be bashing away at the keyboard, face as red as a baboon's arse.

Happy Laugh GIF by Five Guys A Week

4 hours ago, CBRammette said:

Totally agree. The decision to let him go elsewhere is the thing that angers/saddens me most when you see what has happened here on the playing side since.  Imagine the youngsters learning from him. Do we know who made the decision as yet? Cocu or Mel? 

I think it was the right time to let Martin move on. He was on big wages and rejected massively reduced terms in the 1 year deal we offered. Don't get me wrong, he's still miles better than CKR, but we have to cut our cloth accordingly. Letting a 31 year old forward move on isn't what frustrates me, it's the years we wasted with one of the best strikers in the division being loaned out to our rivals while we partially footed the bill.

1 hour ago, Anon said:

I think it was the right time to let Martin move on. He was on big wages and rejected massively reduced terms in the 1 year deal we offered. Don't get me wrong, he's still miles better than CKR, but we have to cut our cloth accordingly. Letting a 31 year old forward move on isn't what frustrates me, it's the years we wasted with one of the best strikers in the division being loaned out to our rivals while we partially footed the bill.

Absolutely - still drives me nuts that we weren’t given a proper option to see Martin feeding Vydra as all I could see happening was goals (I know Martin wasn’t well at the time )

2 hours ago, Sparkle said:

Absolutely - still drives me nuts that we weren’t given a proper option to see Martin feeding Vydra as all I could see happening was goals (I know Martin wasn’t well at the time )

same with ince - we never saw martin/ince playing under mclaren. could have been lethal.

On 18/08/2021 at 08:48, CBRammette said:

Totally agree. The decision to let him go elsewhere is the thing that angers/saddens me most when you see what has happened here on the playing side since.  Imagine the youngsters learning from him. Do we know who made the decision as yet? Cocu or Mel? 

Chris Martin made the decision!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...