Christopher Hugh Martin Fan Club

Animal is a Ram

As long as we discuss Chrissy Martin, Derby's Number nine, in the Football Forum, the mods will not remove posts that refer to The Rams greatest centre forward for 20 years and the catalyst for some of the most sublime football seen for a long time.

As he no longer plays for us, his heroic exploits as the creator and executioner of countles epic goals for us can be discussed in this place without any forum owner stopping it, unless he wants a strike organising.

Boycie and I will have our members out before he can say Wardrobe.

18 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

As long as we discuss Chrissy Martin, Derby's Number nine, in the Football Forum, the mods will not remove posts that refer to The Rams greatest centre forward for 20 years and the catalyst for some of the most sublime football seen for a long time.

As he no longer plays for us, his heroic exploits as the creator and executioner of countles epic goals for us can be discussed in this place without any forum owner stopping it, unless he wants a strike organising.

Get the pizzas ready @uttoxram75

3 hours ago, Coconut said:

Still, I suppose it's just another thing to bash the club with.

Keeping him fresh with regular breaks/rotation is the key to getting the best out of him these days, I'd be surprised if he starts & finished more than 60% of their matches, which is another thing to take into consideration when offering contracts.

An evidence-free comment!

I don't know much about the squad at Bristol and 60% may be accurate, I'd just rather it was 60% for us, given our lack of alternatives

9 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

ooh-matron-kenneth-williams-carry-on-bouvier-des-flandres-puppies-for-sale-uk.jpg

10 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Inb4 @SaintRam shuts the party down, the little grass.

It's not in the Derby forum! People are learning. I will not be shutting this party down.

Although I will be editing your posts for the next few days for the 'little grass' remark. ? 

Edited by SaintRam

7 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

It's not in the Derby forum! People are learning. I will not be shutting this party down.

Although I will be editing your posts for the next few days for the 'little grass' remark. ? 

Scared Baby GIF

It was in the Derby forum, but some other grass must have beaten you to it. Tut tut, you're slipping...

Edited by SaintRam

Just now, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

It was in the Derby forum, but some other grass must have beaten you too it. Tut tut, you're slipping...

Oh it was? Disgraceful.

I was watching a movie with the other half when it was created and I never came back online; popped up in my blind-spot. I will endeavour to be more vigilant in future.

23 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Can the mods just slide this into the"ex-rams" thread?

Eh..

It's in the non-Derby forum, that'll do. Merging it with the ex-rams thread while everyone is so determined to have big discussions about him is just going to turn that thread into yet another Martin thread.

We'll merge any other Martin stuff that gets posted into this thread until the frequency slows down enough to go into ex-rams.

12 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Eh..

It's in the non-Derby forum, that'll do. Merging it with the ex-rams thread while everyone is so determined to have big discussions about him is just going to turn that thread into yet another Martin thread.

We'll merge any other Martin stuff that gets posted into this thread until the frequency slows down enough to go into ex-rams.

For 'big discussions' read 'big whine' 

The root cause of these threads appearing is that no credible replacement has been found for Martin....yet. 

And more than likely when a replacement is acquired then there still will be numerous other threads comparing the 2 players ad nauseam.

So here's hoping we get in a 20 goal a season striker then perhaps we can all rest a little. 

Edited by Tyler Durden

7 hours ago, Shang said:

I just watched the highlights of this game, Bristol City look like a proper footballing team... Martin isn't playing his traditional hold up role, he's also dropping into midfield and using his vision to thread some good passes forwards. Imagine Rooney in his later years at Man Utd.

Surely he can only play one way (so it was often said), you must have been watching someone else! 

20 hours ago, Coconut said:

We need someone who can play 90 minutes of 90% of the games without seeing a noticeable drop in their performance levels after an hour or so each time.

A replacement could only be 80% as good as Martin, but if an 80% Martin was available and effective for 80% of 90% our games that's better than a 90% Chris Martin only able to be effective for 75% of 60% of our games..

...or something

...maybe

Jeeze.
I’ll have bad dreams after that. 

8 hours ago, Shang said:

I just watched the highlights of this game, Bristol City look like a proper footballing team... Martin isn't playing his traditional hold up role, he's also dropping into midfield and using his vision to thread some good passes forwards. Imagine Rooney in his later years at Man Utd.

I always said he was a clever 10 trapped in a no9's body.

On 16/09/2020 at 22:23, Millenniumram said:

Shame we couldn’t keep him. He’d still be starting now with Waghorn out, and would arguably remain our best striker. Just hope whoever we bring in upfront is an improvement.

He's a better player than Waghorn, most folk would acknowledge that. It just came down to money, which is obviously in short supply at PP.