Keogh Sacked

Nuwtfly

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Cowardly act. Same punishment should have been meted out to the other 2 players but wasnt as they have an intrinsic book value worth to the club whilst an injured player who is not likely to play again for the club does not. Very cynical act. 

Welcome to the real world of business where doing the right thing is the wrong thing when it affects the bottom line

7 hours ago, therams69 said:

Well obviously, because the other 2 involved can still play football and earn a living where as the other cannot.  Hence why are they involved and the other isn't.

I'm not saying I agree with the stance (if indeed it's true) but surely the point isn't that the other two can still earn a living but that they can contribute as players (I know, debatable before anyone makes a comment). 

Non of us know what happened 100%, we have been fed titbits of information and as both pleaded guilty, non of the other information on what happened that night came out.

However, the club will be fully aware of the happenings. We as supporters dan only assume and guess what happened, how do we know that Keogh wasn't pissing about in the back and caused Lawrence to crash?.

He must have done something to warrant this sacking which non of us know about and most likely never will.

It's a sad day for a player who I have liked since he came here.

Just now, ramit said:

Welcome to the real world of business where doing the right thing is the wrong thing when it affects the bottom line

Morally reprehensible and legally dubious as by rights other employees who carried out similar if not worse acts of gross misconduct were not dealt with in the same manner.

Just now, Tyler Durden said:

Morally reprehensible and legally dubious as by rights other employees who carried out similar if not worse acts of gross misconduct were not dealt with in the same manner.

Must admit i feel there is something not right about that, but im not the one paying millions to someone who can't do what im paying him to do.

21 minutes ago, Bontddu Ram said:

The club are perfectly correct in this decision and I fully support them.

These modern players are living in cuckoo land. 

If Keogh had anything about him he would show some humility and be doing everything he could to repair the damage he has done to the club.

Refusing to take a pay cut instead of begging for forgiveness makes me think he'd be better suited to the House of Commons than Pride Park.

If he has been on £25,000 a week for the past few years he should be set up for life and if he isn't, well that's his fault. Either way, if it was me, I would be doing anything to restore my own & the clubs reputation, including working for nothing, if necessary.

We all make mistakes and believe you me, I've made plenty, but it's how you right the wrongs and learn from them that matters.

These players need to understand how privileged they are and start behaving accordingly.

No sympathy for the bloke at all now. Good riddance. 

UTR

Off topic ,you live in a lovely part of the world ,shame about the Halfway House.

Just now, Tyler Durden said:

You cannot force anyone to take a pay cut unless for example their job was earmarked as being redundant and the only other roles available were of a lesser pay grade as redeployment and even that can be refused and still be eligible for redundancy money. That doesn't apply to Keogh.

We haven't forced him. We've sacked him.

We had the grounds to sack anyone involved for Gross Misconduct; that would have been the first statement made to anyone involved.

Then it will have been explained to him that due to his terrible decisions; not only can he not play for the vast majority of his remaining contract, but due to the nature of the event injury insurance does not cover any of the wages. 

Therefore, as his current predicament is his fault, if he wants to remain contracted to the club for the duration of his contract an offer of salary renegotiation is perfectly reasonable. With the caveat that if he doesn't want to make such a change that his contract would be terminated.

What possible reason, knowing the club have grounds to sack him, would he have for refusing that offer? Other than not feeling responsible for his situation, and being stubborn? Which, if the case, he's objectively wrong about.

12 minutes ago, caymanram said:

It won’t make a bit of difference . It will be quoted back in court and will seriously undermine the Club's case - possibly fatally. Afterall it’s in the public arena already .

Gross misconduct  -and that’s what we are effectively dealing with here- is factually based. It can’t be GM unless u agree to a pay cut and then we’ll only call it serious misconduct...

This won’t end well.

The contents of such negotiations are usually not permitted, except in limited circumstances where a specific legal argument for inclusion has been made and accepted by the judge. 

Just now, Paul71 said:

Must admit i feel there is something not right about that, but im not the one paying millions to someone who can't do what im paying him to do.

That's not the point though. If he was fired for gross misconduct as the club statement says then 2 other employees who also committed similar if not worse acts of gross misconduct were not dealt with in the same consistent manner which against employment law as demonstrates favouritism and discrimination.  

Just now, Millenniumram said:

One more point I’ll make, I think it’s an absolute disgrace the club haven’t officially announced this through their channels yet. Can’t be letting something like this break in the media first, very very very poor show.

They have done, on RamsTV,  but its buffering that much Brentfords 3rd goal has only just gone in

10 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

I don't see a statement anywhere? 

Just the one I quoted from The Telegraph

"Derby's statement read: "Derby County Football Club has completed the disciplinary hearing regarding Richard Keogh in respect of his involvement in the events of Tuesday, September 24th.

"As a result of that process, Mr Keogh has had his contract terminated with immediate effect for gross misconduct. He has the right of appeal within 14 days.

"As we have said from the outset, the Club will not tolerate any of its players or staff behaving in a manner which puts themselves, their colleagues, and members of the general public at risk of injury or worse, or which brings the club into disrepute.

"The club will be making no further comment at this time regards this matter, until the conclusion of any potential appeal."

6 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

It’s strange. The club haven’t released anything on Twitter but Ryan Conway, BBC Sport, etc, are all quoting it as an official statement from the club.

That's actually really strange. The BBC are running with club quotes, but Keogh's still listed as captain on the OS.

Archived