Keogh Sacked

Nuwtfly

52 minutes ago, Coconut said:

You've got a right stonking hard on at the minute, haven't you?

There are aspects of some of the charges against us I find somewhat dubious. When I see certain clubs or fans celebrating our misfortune it makes me angry. There comes a point though where I have to imagine what it's like to be on the outside looking in and conclude that I too would be laughing my head off at some of the reactions. Nothing is ever our fault. We should be able to cancel contracts when we like, file our accounts how we like, sue former employees, sell assets to ourselves... the list goes on. Lots of clubs fall foul of the EFL and it's true that they're a shambolic organisation. I'm not sure I can recall another club repeatedly violating rules quite so often as we've managed to over the past few years though.

Appeals are typically against the process, not the justice of the decision. 

Keogh was sacked just  35 days after the accident. He was one of, at least, three players HR were dealing with. On top of this, he was offered an alternative punishment.

Amateur.  

9 minutes ago, Red Ram said:

For that comparison to have any meaning you'd have to put Davies in Keogh's position, and Keogh's in Davies's. The two situations are not remotely comparable but no-one was more committed than Keogh on the pitch. He'd have probably done the same thing Davies did. Would Davies have take the same course of action Keogh did in an equivalent situation? Probably. He'd certainly have been received similar advice from his agent, the PFA and his legal team.

How many people, when it came down to it, would voluntarily accept a massive wage reduction that, as has now been proven, was being imposed unfairly on them? I certainly wouldn't - would you?

7 years a scapegoat...

A person’s character is judged on their actions. Keogh’s actions as captain and a leader on a Club event show his character. IMHO Davies would not have put himself in a similar situation to Keogh. Keogh, so well thought of by his team mates, that they ran off and left him in a crashed car.

If you were sacked from your job when two other people who were more to blame were kept on, and then told that you could recoup the money you would have acquired during a short playing career, I don't think a single one of you wouldn't have tried to get the money back.

We're all coming at this from the position of fans, so as such we want the best thing for the club. That's natural. Richard Keogh will have done the best thing for him, which is also natural.

If this club was run properly a lot of you wouldn't be nearly soo angry at the decision and that £2 million wouldn't make an incredible amount of difference to our plan. 

The person to blame for this is, yet again, Mel Morris who is the opposite of King Midas with his decision making. The man can't run a club properly, can't sack anyone properly and it seems can't even sell the club properly.

1 minute ago, PodgeyRam said:

If you were sacked from your job when two other people who were more to blame were kept on, and then told that you could recoup the money you would have acquired during a short playing career, I don't think a single one of you wouldn't have tried to get the money back.

We're all coming at this from the position of fans, so as such we want the best thing for the club. That's natural. Richard Keogh will have done the best thing for him, which is also natural.

If this club was run properly a lot of you wouldn't be nearly soo angry at the decision and that £2 million wouldn't make an incredible amount of difference to our plan. 

The person to blame for this is, yet again, Mel Morris who is the opposite of King Midas with his decision making. The man can't run a club properly, can't sack anyone properly and it seems can't even sell the club properly.

All true but I have backed the man whilst playing for us but I don’t wish to see him again at anything Derby county

8 minutes ago, Anon said:

There are aspects of some of the charges against us I find somewhat dubious. When I see certain clubs or fans celebrating our misfortune it makes me angry. There comes a point though where I have to imagine what it's like to be on the outside looking in and conclude that I too would be laughing my head off at some of the reactions. Nothing is ever our fault. We should be able to cancel contracts when we like, file our accounts how we like, sue former employees, sell assets to ourselves... the list goes on. Lots of clubs fall foul of the EFL and it's true that they're a shambolic organisation. I'm not sure I can recall another club repeatedly violating rules quite so often as we've managed to over the past few years though.

This all over. Keogh is an absolute bamford no doubt, but when are we going to admit as fans that our club is a circus? Can’t keep blaming the EFL, this is Mel’s mess.

11 minutes ago, LittleEatonRam said:

Laughable that Keogh was considered some kind of inspirational captain.

I could maybe - maybe - see past all this if he had even once apologised or accepted responsibility. But he seems to be of the believe that he did nothing wrong at all. Some 'captain'.

Apologising might have done him out of £2.3M

40 minutes ago, Donegal Ram said:

Think that the club got a pay out from the insurance to cover keoghs wages. If he would have taken the offer then he would still be here now. No way Derby are shelling out the total amount without having anything coming in to cover it. 

I think any insurance policy would have been invalidated by the fact he got in a car with a drunk drive knowingly or not . 

Papertalk only on the £2.3m. Even when successful he wouldn't automatically be entitled to the amount of compensation indicated.

Other elements taken into consideration on settlement would include the loss Derby made in his wages as he wasn't insured due to not wearing a seat belt. 

He was also paid by somebody else within that contract period and so Derby would, at worst, only have to settle the difference.

There are caps and balances in place for this and I guarantee this isn't the figure that will be paid to him. 

Sacked Keogh because it suited us bearing in mind he was set to miss almost all of the remainder of his contract, kept Bennett and Lawrence because it suited us to for largely financial reasons.

Double standards maybe, but when the captain is injured as a result of his own stupidity then I'm not so sure we should have had to cover his salary. At least the others were able to play.

Not sure Mel was in the wrong here for that reason.

See today Keogh has got a contract extension at Huddersfield as a player/mentor. Yeah, that makes sense.

13 minutes ago, PodgeyRam said:

The other two could continue playing and fulfilling their contracts after suspension.

Keogh’s career was considered potentially over at the time, he certainly could not fulfill the duties in his contract.

Bit of a difference

1 hour ago, YouRams said:

How can you deem a grown man, a captain of a football club and supposed role model, not only allowing a younger team mate to drunkenly drive his car but getting in that same car as “not bringing the club into serious disrepute” utter garbage! 

I honestly can't envisage the club will take this lying down.  Legally could this be challenged outside this EFL decision ?.  I would take it as far as I could till he hasn't got a pot to piss in.   I'm assuming if he's part of a players union they may be helping him with legal costs.  Push the remit another way to make that source of support unavailable. Showed MK Dons the same captains example he showed here. How long was he their 4 months .  Don't worry about him coming back to Derby.  Since he's been at Huddersfield they've let in about 40 goals. I expect him to be at the arse end of League 2 next season . Hopefully with rapidly rising legal bills round his neck.