Keogh Sacked

Nuwtfly

That's it! Add the Player Related Disputes Commission and the League Appeals' Committee to the list of organisations who have an agenda against us. It definitely couldn't be that we were in the wrong. We are now at the level of Leeds fans with our persecution complex.

4 minutes ago, Coconut said:

The only arrogance on display here is from Keogh & his agent.

Bite the hand that feeds you, then sue the hand for trying to feed you less than you think you deserve.

Why. The law agrees with him. DCFC were wrong. He was only sacked when he would not take a pay cut. If it had been handled properly there would not have been a problem. 
yet another example of the mismanagement of the club imo

Just now, RIMBAUD said:

Why. The law agrees with him. DCFC were wrong. He was only sacked when he would not take a pay cut. If it had been handled properly there would not have been a problem. 

It's not the law that agrees with him, it is two internal EFL sub-committees.

3 minutes ago, Anon said:

That's it! Add the Player Related Disputes Commission and the League Appeals' Committee to the list of organisations who have an agenda against us. It definitely couldn't be that we were in the wrong. We are now at the level of Leeds fans with our persecution complex.

Thanks, I've been wondering what PRDC stood for but was too embarrassed to ask.

5 minutes ago, RIMBAUD said:

Why is it arrogance from Keogh? Because he's shown the complete opposite of any humility.

On the club's part it's mismanagement, yes, but it's not arrogance.

9 minutes ago, Anon said:

You've got a right stonking hard on at the minute, haven't you?

1 minute ago, Coconut said:

Why is it arrogance from Keogh? Because he's shown the complete opposite of any humility.

On the club's part it's mismanagement, yes, but it's not arrogance.

I’m not suggesting RK was arrogant. I think the club is poorly run and this is another example. There are loads of others. 

People can bum lick Keogh all they want by saying that legally he’s in the right and good on him. But..

Curtis Davies. The man played on one leg to help keep us in the division. A man that realises what a lucky man he’s been to have the talent to lead a dream job. An ultimate professional.

Whereas captain Keogh makes himself useless for a season and expects to get paid £20k plus. He’s lined his back pocket but as far as I’m concerned he’s a snake who played far too many matches for us.

6 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

This is true. I don't think anyone can defend Keogh's behaviour, lack of judgement and so on. 

I do wonder (and I don't think we'll ever know) what he was told in the lead up to that ill-advised bonding session. Was he told that he was in charge and responsible or was he told not to worry about it and just go and have a good time.

Was it an official work function? Was he off duty or on? What does it say in the DCFC code of conduct about such things? Does the captain have a different code of conduct from the rest of the squad?

Yes, his behaviour was poor but was it sackable?

I doubt he’d of been “in charge” and was off duty so to speak but as a grown man he should’ve known better. 

They’re lucky it was only a post they hit and not another car or person, he’d of been looking at a prison sentence then not just a sacking. “a passenger may be guilty of contributory negligence if he rides with the driver of a car who he knows has consumed alcohol in such quantity as it is likely to impair to a dangerous degree that driver's capacity to drive properly and safely.”

4 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

People can bum lick Keogh all they want by saying that legally he’s in the right and good on him. But..

Curtis Davies. The man played on one leg to help keep us in the division. A man that realises what a lucky man he’s been to have the talent to lead a dream job. An ultimate professional.

Whereas captain Keogh makes himself useless for a season and expects to get paid £20k plus. He’s lined his back pocket but as far as I’m concerned he’s a snake who played far too many matches for us.

Agree total lowlife. 

Keogh being drunk, should not have got into drunk Tom Lawrence's car.

all three should have been punished, Lawrence, Bennett and Keogh.

2.3 million is probably too high as keogh deserved a club punishment but the clubs punishment of dismissal probably was too strong especially as the others don't seem to have received a punishment.

5 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

Nobody even knows whether he is legally in the right. All we know is that the commission, or whatever they are, didn't believe that DCFC made a legal case for his sacking. Were his actions contemptible? Yes, in my opinion. Was there a case for his sacking? Probably. Did DCFC make that case? No.

That's not bum licking.

Just because you don't like someone or their actions doesn't make them guilty. 

1 hour ago, Andicis said:

I hope Keogh receives a suitably hostile reaction from the fans if he plays at Pride Park. 

Personally, I’d actually like him to be dropped or out injured in any future encounter, so I never have to set eyes on him again.

Set aside the clubs judgement in a) the actual evening and b) handling Keogh afterwards, for all that he was a professional footballer and supposed leader of our team getting a lucrative salary for it; his actions absolutely stink. He’s just everything wrong with the worst stereotype of a professional footballer to me.

The problem here is going to be the optics of getting shot of Keogh, but not Lawrence and Bennett.......even through Keogh couldn’t play and the others could, it gives the EFL the gap they need to hammer us!

I don’t see why there’s criticism of Mel here:

- Keogh wasn’t fired on the spot

- Keogh was offered rehab

- Keogh was offered a new contract at a lower wage to reflect the fact that the injury was “career threatening”, but give the player some security.

What else could the club really have done for a player, who at that stage had potentially destroyed their own career?????????