Keogh Sacked

Nuwtfly

1 hour ago, Asheville Ram said:

Just to clarify the Keogh position, this was not an employment tribunal and definitely not employment law, this is a civil case for breach of contract. 

Please note the maximum compensatory award for unfair dismissal from an employment tribunal – £86,444, whereas contract law is open ended.

My position if I was Mel would be,  I am not paying f'off, so sue me and that position can be kicked down the road for many years.

Where did the EFL come into this ‘civil case’ then?

Just now, Philmycock said:

My thoughts exactly.

Club captain, getting in a car with a young drunk colleague. Great leadership that Keogh, maybe give some of your £2.3m to a drink driving awareness charity???

Not like he fell off a table sustaining his injury? ? 

Leech.

image.png.8887bd26719ed276732ceef39ae0f466.png

This should have been as far as we were prepared to go in helping him get fit.  State of the art medical facilities and Harley Street consultants clearly weren't enough for something totally self inflicted.

4 minutes ago, cannable said:

The ‘he was captain’ argument still makes me laugh. He wears an armband on a Saturday and LITERALLY organises the team piss-up. Maybe he’ll sort the fines out. He’s not their dad.

He’s club captain and should set a example surely? Otherwise anyone can toss a coin.

1 hour ago, Spanish said:

Do we know whether the other 2 were fined by the club?

Good question and don't know, the club statement usually in these situations is the matter has been dealt with internally but genuinely can't recall in this instance

Just now, Reggie Greenwood said:

By the EFL not a legal tribunal and it seems perverse to me. But everyone has a different opinion and that’s fine by me. 

Not sure if perverse is the correct word but am sure the decision was based around how the club handled the cases with the 2 other protagonists and why then were they not sacked as well if they were also heavily involved in the incident.

And if you say that's because they weren't injured again that's an irrevelance it's whether the club or Morris was found to be fair and consistent in its actions which it wasn't. 

6 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Good question and don't know, the club statement usually in these situations is the matter has been dealt with internally but genuinely can't recall in this instance

I think they got the maximum allowable which was 6 weeks wages - I could be wrong but but that’s what I think it was 

People going on about him being club captain - is that written into his contract?

Because I would bet it's not written into his contract and I would bet his contract has the same terms and conditions regarding behaviour as everyone elses. 

If Keogh has been sacked for something despite the fact two people who actually received criminal convictions were kept on, we can't really be surprised he's fought his corner and won. 

4 minutes ago, PodgeyRam said:

People going on about him being club captain - is that written into his contract?

Because I would bet it's not written into his contract and I would bet his contract has the same terms and conditions regarding behaviour as everyone elses. 

If Keogh has been sacked for something despite the fact two people who actually received criminal convictions were kept on, we can't really be surprised he's fought his corner and won. 

You're right of course his status of club captain is irrelevant - all 3 brought the club into disrepute by their actions, all three should be punished evenly. 

Morris decided that he would punish Keogh disproportionately as he got injured and the outcome of his muddled logic was flung out today. 

3 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Davies wouldn't have taken a penny if he had been injured while playing unfit, either.

Davies wants to play to help keep the club solvent and keep staff in jobs .  Keogh this supposed captain and lover of the club puts them and the club back at risk. And all because he didn't get a taxi or arrange a lift.

What a charmer.

19 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

And there it is in Black and White --- fined the equivalent of Six weeks wages -the maximum contractual limit, so the club decide to sack Keogh,no wonder he won. Not only players that score own goals

How many more times one person sustained injuries whilst drunk and made himself unable to play the others could play all received punishment appropriate to the impact on the club