Keogh Sacked

Nuwtfly

13 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

I don't know the finer details of the case and I'm no lawyer but first, getting pissed is not gross misconduct, so you'd have to show that the reasons he was unable to do his job were down to him. Now, he wasn't driving and did he know what sort of state the driver was in? Was he even conscious? So you'd have to establish negligence or reputational damage or some such. As soon as he is in that car, the driver is responsible for him. It's far easier to make the case for the driver being negligent. Yet the driver remained employed. Drink driving, I suggest is far more damaging to the club's reputation.

If an employer doesn't think twice about sacking someone who got pissed and got injured, I suspect that they would find themselves in the same position as Derby County is in right now.

Er no - any employer can terminate your employment because you are to sick/ injured to carry out your duties ( obviously you need to follow procedures correctly ) 

21 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I don’t care if he had a good case or not.

If I was the club captain, got pissed, got in the back of a drunk’s car and ended up putting myself out of action for 12 months, I’d grow some balls, take some responsibility and accept the inevitable sacking as punishment for my stupidity.

Exactly this.

The article says: "The PDRC [Player Related Dispute Commission] held that Mr Keogh had not committed gross misconduct, that he had not brought the club into serious disrepute and that he had been wrongly dismissed by the club.”

What utter drivel. And contemptuous that Keogh wouldn't take the proposed pay cut but wanted to sit on his arse collecting his millions for what should be clear to anyone was committing gross misconduct and bringing the club into serious disrepute. He even knocked Theresa May's Brexit deal off the front pages!

He knows it was entirely his fault and his actions now risk the future of the club and the community that surrounds it. If I ever see him at Pride Park he'll get the mother of all booing. Shame on him.

They could have sacked legally but cocked it up. This is all about FFP. We should have sacked Lawrence and Bennett as well but couldn't afford to write off the player's value. 

It is fitting that this came out on the same day as the EFL appeal.

The seeds of this were planted in the summer of 2014. 

59 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

Was the correct process followed? Morris has history of thinking he is above employment law. 

This in the end must have been what it came down to.

It doesn’t matter if punishment was different, or if guilty of gross misconduct, if the correct employment law process isn’t followed then the club loses.

Just now, Carl Sagan said:

Exactly this.

The article says: "The PDRC [Player Related Dispute Commission] held that Mr Keogh had not committed gross misconduct, that he had not brought the club into serious disrepute and that he had been wrongly dismissed by the club.”

What utter drivel. And contemptuous that Keogh wouldn't take the proposed pay cut but wanted to sit on his arse collecting his millions for what should be clear to anyone was committing gross misconduct and bringing the club into serious disrepute. He even knocked Theresa May's Brexit deal off the front pages!

He knows it was entirely his fault and his actions now risk the future of the club and the community that surrounds it. If I ever see him at Pride Park he'll get the mother of all booing. Shame on him.

Did he? Or was it the accident caused by drink driving that one of the drivers ran away from?

3 minutes ago, sage said:

They could have sacked legally but cocked it up. This is all about FFP. We should have sacked Lawrence and Bennett as well but couldn't afford to write off the player's value. 

It is fitting that this came out on the same day as the EFL appeal.

The seeds of this were planted in the summer of 2014. 

So can we blame the EFL for the fact that we didn't sack Lawrence and Bennett??

5 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Did he? Or was it the accident caused by drink driving that one of the drivers ran away from?

An accident that could’ve been avoided if a responsible captain took his keys off him and ordered them all a taxi...

Should have sacked all 3 players IMO. (4 if its true there was another player in the vehicles).

Fully understand the issues with Keogh not being able to play but by not sacking the other two players who were in receipt of criminal convictions was the big mistake, they barely were punished, Lawrence only missed one game from memory.

Maybe had the club showed consistency then Keogh would not have been awarded the 2.3m.

1 minute ago, YouRams said:

An accident that could’ve been avoided if a responsible captain took his keys off him and ordered them all a taxi...

This is true. I don't think anyone can defend Keogh's behaviour, lack of judgement and so on. 

I do wonder (and I don't think we'll ever know) what he was told in the lead up to that ill-advised bonding session. Was he told that he was in charge and responsible or was he told not to worry about it and just go and have a good time.

Was it an official work function? Was he off duty or on? What does it say in the DCFC code of conduct about such things? Does the captain have a different code of conduct from the rest of the squad?

Yes, his behaviour was poor but was it sackable?