Random stuff that people do that annoy me

Wolfie

2 hours ago, BaaLocks said:

People who go on holiday and put out of office replies that just congratulate themselves on what a great job they do. Normally things like "I am enjoying a well earned break" or "I am disconnecting for a few weeks after a tough year" or "I am taking time to recharge".

It's not a blinking eulogy, it's just telling people you won't be in the office.

Yeah, I feel the same about people who self advertise 'self care days' which seems to be a big thing with uni's atm. 

22 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

What's a self care day? Do you need the Google Incognito tab to do that?

It's just a day which you take off work to basically look after yourself. It's not so much the principle of it, just the kinds of people who self advertise they're taking one all over twitter. 

3 hours ago, BaaLocks said:

Big golf fan, love watching it but agree - Olympics is not about giving people who are on telly 49 weeks a year another chance to be watched. Ditto tennis, you have your place, use that or - alternately, have BMX races round centre court of Wimbledon just before the men's final.

Golf at the Olympics should be amateur only, similar to Boxing.

It would provide a natural world peak of the amateur game, persuade young golfers to delay turning pro before they're ready, and really mean something to the participants.

People who instead of using the bullet points / numerical list features type it in manually. Then I remove bullet point 12 out of 20 and have to fix them all.
The same people hit enter for a new line rather than letting it do it automatically, so when I resize the text box I have something else to fix.

?

On 10/08/2021 at 13:36, BaaLocks said:

Thread titles that are gramatically incorrect ?

image.png.1ebc145563c622c20a14a4da66c0723d.png

I’m my defence, the title was changed from my original one of something like “Random stuff that annoys me”

Not sure why it was made specific to people and it annoys me to this day. 

1 hour ago, Wolfie said:

I’m my defence, the title was changed from my original one of something like “Random stuff that annoys me”

Not sure why it was made specific to people and it annoys me to this day. 

Well, whatever smartarsed comment I was trying to make did blow up in my face so that will teach me for trying to play the gramar pedant (and yes, that one was on purpose).

16 hours ago, ramit said:

People who throw peach cores out of high rise apartment buildings, that land on the windshield of my car cracking it

People who place their phone on top of their car while putting things away before heading for the highway - Me

i've had better days

At least you can tell your friends on Twitter you got stoned today.

Oh no, you can't, you've lost your phone....

On 10/08/2021 at 09:04, Ghost of Clough said:

Association football is the full name of the sport (differentiating itself from rugby football).
Soccer was originally the accepted nickname up until around the 50s, before starting to fade out in the 60s (replaced by just 'football')

That’s right. Rugby Football was shortened to rugger and Association Football was soccer. When I was a lad in the backstreets of Derby in the 50s, soccer was used quite a lot but was dropped quite quickly in favour of football

4 hours ago, Turk Thrust said:

That’s right. Rugby Football was shortened to rugger and Association Football was soccer. When I was a lad in the backstreets of Derby in the 50s, soccer was used quite a lot but was dropped quite quickly in favour of football

Edited by Tamworthram

On 10/08/2021 at 16:58, Rev said:

Golf at the Olympics should be amateur only, similar to Boxing.

It would provide a natural world peak of the amateur game, persuade young golfers to delay turning pro before they're ready, and really mean something to the participants.

Same with tennis.