Random stuff that people do that annoy me

Wolfie

2 hours ago, Pearl Ram said:

Those two twits on SSN’s transfer show.

Twit 1  (Referring to Ronaldo) “ His preferred move was to Manchester City” Less than 10 seconds later “And now he’s got his dream move back to Old Trafford” ?

Twit 2 With the urgency of an announcement of Covid being a thing of the past and everlasting world peace declared “I got a text, I got a text yesterday afternoon at 15:44 saying Manchester City was his destination”

I’ve never seen two people so full of their own self importance as these two. Oh for the phantom flan flinger to appear out of nowhere. 

These two wind me up far more than they should. Absolutely the same nonsense every single day.  

9 hours ago, ThePrisoner said:

These two wind me up far more than they should. Absolutely the same nonsense every single day.  

When they have Darmeth and Kaveh at the same time sat opposite each other, they resemble a couple of Game of Thrones characters. Both quoting their sources like they are The Spider and Littlefinger, itching to out do each other and making bland statements like 'He has said to people close to him that he may like a new project' sound like they are announcing the death of the Queen...whilst the other sits sweating and looking like they are sick with envy and desperately racking their brains for something to out do them. 

On 26/08/2021 at 21:39, Pearl Ram said:

Can’t you make out to plod he’s kerb crawling and you are concerned he’s trying to entice minors ? No mention of drugs, your conscience will be clear on that issue, he gets a tug for suspected kerb crawling and the issue is solved. 

My work here is done.

Goodness me, modern policing techniques! 

I'd have thought a bit of time or a hefty fine would be more of a deterrent.... ?

2 hours ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

I'd have thought a bit of time or a hefty fine would be more of a deterrent..

If you ever watch Police Interceptors, your chances of getting anything painful are ludicrously low. Bloke the other day: 30 mile chase breaking every motoring rule going, umpteen cops involved to stop him. Weed in the car, which was uninsured, he had no licence, as well  as already wanted.

Got a community order, which he broke, so then gets 8 weeks in clink, SUSPENDED.

18 minutes ago, Wistaston Ram said:

People who say 'top bins' when the ball hits the top corner of the net. Maybe I'm getting old but it really grates.....

It’s because they hang a bin there during training and the challenge is to get the ball in the bin. You’re right though. However, it’s less annoying than ‘postage stamp’. 

Trade Unions recommending more Bank Holidays. You know if they moved to the 21st Century they'd realise more and more people work on Bank Holiday Mondays. The majority of people still want everything tomorrow. Why not push for more statutory holidays to represent more of the modern day workforce?

Coming from someone who works every Bank Holiday Monday ??

On 30/08/2021 at 14:32, FindernRam said:

If you ever watch Police Interceptors, your chances of getting anything painful are ludicrously low. Bloke the other day: 30 mile chase breaking every motoring rule going, umpteen cops involved to stop him. Weed in the car, which was uninsured, he had no licence, as well  as already wanted.

Got a community order, which he broke, so then gets 8 weeks in clink, SUSPENDED.

I didn't know you could get insurance for weed!  

4 hours ago, I know nuffin said:

People who go to a programme seller for example and say can I get a programme. I want the seller so say yes I am out of elephants or I don't know can you get one?

The seller should say 'Yes, travel to the printers, they might have some left".

• 3 weeks later...

On the train to Sheffield (for a gig) and it's amazing just how many people are travelling alone but appear to have bought the aisle seat next to them just so that their bags have a nice comfortable seat all to themselves. 

There are so many of them it's clearly a "don't sir near me because you might have covid" tactic people have really taken up. Never used to be this many.

Been down 2 coaches and couldn't find a seat not occupied by a person or a bag, except for this one seat next to some nob who's sat with his legs wide apart and is sat there coughing, sniffing and sputtering every 10 seconds... at least he's wearing a mask.

Edited by Coconut's Beard

22 minutes ago, Coconut's Beard said:

On the train to Sheffield (for a gig) and it's amazing just how many people are travelling alone but appear to have bought the aisle seat next to them just so that their bags have a nice comfortable seat all to themselves. 

There are so many of them it's clearly a "don't sir near me because you might have covid" tactic people have really taken up. Never used to be this many.

Been down 2 coaches and couldn't find a seat not occupied by a person or a bag, except for this one seat next to some nob who's sat with his legs wide apart and is sat there coughing, sniffing and sputtering every 10 seconds... at least he's wearing a mask.

I'm going to get on the Sheffield train first tomorrow (end of line station, so already at an advantage), then sit in the aisle seat at a table with my feet-up on the opposite seat, whole table of four to myself, get-in.

46 minutes ago, Coconut's Beard said:

Used to get that on my commute to London and wouldn't/didn't hesitate to ask the person to move their bag.