Random stuff that people do that annoy me

Wolfie

10 minutes ago, Abu Derby said:

People queuing up to obtain fuel even when there aren’t any shortages. 
Pathetic for those that genuinely need it. 

Came off a night shift this morning near Grantham, and it was queued up the road for petrol from Asda. Average age of 107, who don't need it, but will fill their cars up to the brim to then sit on their drive for the next month. Meanwhile, those of us needing to go to work will struggle to get any. 

5 hours ago, Gritstone Ram said:

People who Panic buy when the tv hype up a sniff of any potential shortages 

Absolute idiots the lot of them… they’re the same people who are to blame for the elderly not being able to get their groceries or celiacs not being able to get gluten free pasta because during lockdown all the cockwombles bought gluten free pasta once the normal had ran out. 

no wonder the planet is ducked when there’s so many idiots.

can’t wait for Christmas when people are fighting in the shops for a turkey.

Just now, Ramslad1992 said:

Absolute idiots the lot of them… they’re the same people who are to blame for the elderly not being able to get their groceries or celiacs not being able to get gluten free pasta because during lockdown all the cockwombles bought gluten free pasta once the normal had ran out. 

I think my favourite 3 days of last year were back in March driving round shops and chemists in Derby trying to find new born formula for my sisters baby as she was struggling to feed .  Found 1 as the shelves had been cleared . Plenty on ebay for 70 quid a pop though and calpol at 30 quid .  This country has a lot of selfish profiteering crap bags in it I'm afraid.  

Just now, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I think my favourite 3 days of last year were back in March driving round shops and chemists in Derby trying to find new born formula for my sisters baby as she was struggling to feed .  Found 1 as the shelves had been cleared . Plenty on ebay for 70 quid a pop though and calpol at 30 quid .  This country has a lot of selfish profiteering crap bags in it I'm afraid.  

The same time my wife needed aspirin because she was pregnant, I went round about 15 shops all sold out. Ended up having to get in on prescription at the taxpayers expense! 

People as a collection are awful.

10 hours ago, Ramslad1992 said:

I bet it’s the same idiots that have still got a cupboard full of bags of pasta and are still using bog roll they bought 18 months ago.

5 minutes ago, Gritstone Ram said:

I bet it’s the same idiots that have still got a cupboard full of bags of pasta and are still using bog roll they bought 18 months ago.

Yes, I do wonder how much of it actually got used.

I filled my tank with fuel last weekend as it was on empty and I was going out walking last Monday (had to drive there.) That should be it for about two months.

Not very often I am ahead of the curve. I ran out of almost everything in the first lockdown because I refused to panic buy. Made for some interesting meals!

I think whenever there's a panic or shortage of any item; food or fuel, we go back to the WWII rationing scheme where everyone has a book of tokens and the government makes it mandatory that you only have what is required.

With nearly 80% of the "office" workers, working from home, and companies saying that some workers only have to come into the office once or twice a week, why do people require the fuel?

I used to get annoyed that the trailers and adverts were so long at the cinema. 

However,  now its way more annoying those people who insist and think it's clever to turn up to a 6.30pm film at 6.45pm so they can proudly feel they have arrived at precisely the moment the film starts. In the process standing in front of you, talking/giggling,  flashing their camera phone around,  asking you your seat numbers,  squeezing past you,  kicking bags, then rattling around getting drinks sorted and generally detracting from the calm atmosphere I enjoy. 

Yeh, totally understand why you can't possibly bare to just to sit quietly for another 10mins in that comfy, reclining seat  with food, drink and multitude of snacks....I'd personally refuse to let people enter after the trailers start..my kids often enjoy them as much as the film.

On 26/09/2021 at 23:50, Rev said:

On a related note, where do emergency service vehicles fill up?

I've never seen one at a petrol station, do they get red diesel like the farmers?

At the stations they are based at. Royal Mail have their own pumps at their sorting offices. 

So do the council for waste collection etc. 

Delivery services like DPD all have them on site. Every major warehouse distributor has on-site pumps. 

5 hours ago, Angry Ram said:

People who don't use the inside lane on a smart motorway.. Move over ya twits.

As in the previously known hard shoulder? 

Given the amount of fatalities when broken down cars and lorries are ploughed into over the last few years, I’d be more inclined to praise them for staying out of that lane. 

7 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

As in the previously known hard shoulder? 

Given the amount of fatalities when broken down cars and lorries are ploughed into over the last few years, I’d be more inclined to praise them for staying out of that lane. 

Yes, the previous hard shoulder. As much as I hate smart motorways, use the bloody lane. Don’t do 50 in the second lane. 

While we're on the subject of motorways. Where the motorways have been extended to four lanes, lorries shouldn't be allowed to use three out of the four lanes They should be restricted to the two inside lanes. I've lost count of how many time I've come up behind lorries travelling at 60 MPH sat three abreast across the motorway, leaving just the outside lane for all the other vehicles to pass them

4 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

While we're on the subject of motorways. Where the motorways have been extended to four lanes, lorries shouldn't be allowed to use three out of the four lanes They should be restricted to the two inside lanes. I've lost count of how many time I've come up behind lorries travelling at 60 MPH sat three abreast across the motorway, leaving just the outside lane for all the other vehicles to pass them

You need to recount your lanes.