Random stuff that people do that annoy me

Wolfie

Olympic sports that aren't Olympic sports. 

The Olympics needs to be the premier event in that sport for it to be included. Sailing, BMX, badminton, rowing, swimming, athletics, shooting, hockey, gymnastics etc.. All good.

People crowd funding for their one chance to shine, amazing dedication..wow. 

Tennis? Football? Nah.. 

But in particular.. Golf!!!?? Jesus wept! Boring as hell to watch anyway ...but seriously...watching it now and it's so clearly out of context with the games. Four days worth of multi-millionaires poncing round in an event they don't give two hoots about. 

10 hours ago, Rev said:

If they're fat, they're not likely to be brisk are they?

Not random enough.

Apologies, you’re right, I misunderstood the game.

I have a weird obsession with wanting to know where all my things are. Does that count? It’s a bit broad, so as an example, I hate being unable to find things which my girlfriend has moved in the house. Little things like a lighter for the gas stove. I go to grab it, and it’s not where I left it... The TV remote. Nope, not where I left it. Phone charger, likewise. The list goes on. I spend the next few minutes building up a rage as I look for said items. After finding them I calm down, but man it’s annoying!

10 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

I have a weird obsession with wanting to know where all my things are. Does that count? It’s a bit broad, so as an example, I hate being unable to find things which my girlfriend has moved in the house. Little things like a lighter for the gas stove. I go to grab it, and it’s not where I left it... The TV remote. Nope, not where I left it. Phone charger, likewise. The list goes on. I spend the next few minutes building up a rage as I look for said items. After finding them I calm down, but man it’s annoying!

I agree 100% although with me it's annoyance, frustration and panic! What makes it worse than your scenario is that I'm the one who had it last! Car keys, bank card, purse, mobile, charger etc. I try to console myself with the thought that my mind is always buzzing with stuff and perhaps I lose the above because I'm on automatic pilot when putting them down but even when I try to be more mindful the result is still the same. Annoying!

• 2 weeks later...

What is it with this fairly recent thing of saying “so” to start a sentence? It’s creeping in everywhere even on this forum.

on The Chase, Bradley Walsh asked a contestant what he did for a living. Answer was “ so, I’m  an IT  consultant”

and what would you do if you won some money “so, I’d like to travel.”    

This really irritates me for no good reason but it’s up there with this modern usage of that much over used word “Absolutely”. 
are you going out tonight? “Absolutely”  Grrrrrrrrrr!

3 hours ago, Turk Thrust said:

What is it with this fairly recent thing of saying “so” to start a sentence? It’s creeping in everywhere even on this forum.

on The Chase, Bradley Walsh asked a contestant what he did for a living. Answer was “ so, I’m  an IT  consultant”

and what would you do if you won some money “so, I’d like to travel.”    

This really irritates me for no good reason but it’s up there with this modern usage of that much over used word “Absolutely”. 
are you going out tonight? “Absolutely”  Grrrrrrrrrr!

Totally agree…also anyone who uses “pants” as a description for something that isn’t very good….I like pants, they are anything but no good. 
also, anyone who uses the term “holibobs” instead of holiday should be taken out back and buried.

12 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

Totally agree…also anyone who uses “pants” as a description for something that isn’t very good….I like pants, they are anything but no good. 
also, anyone who uses the term “holibobs” instead of holiday should be taken out back and buried.

On 06/08/2021 at 07:33, Anag Ram said:

I don't know why but the term footie denoting our beautiful game really grates on me. Usually used by people who have never played the game and show only a passing interest. 

Are you watching the footie tonight? 

Grr. 

Edited by Anag Ram
Error

I’m the same with soccer. Star Soccer on ITV when I was a lad, Soccer Saturday on Sky oddly enough on Saturdays. 

I have never in my life had anybody ask me if I was going to the soccer, if I fancied a game of soccer or if planned watching the soccer on the telly. IT’S FOOTBALL FOR HEAVENS SAKE.

...or fitba’ for our friends north of the border. ?

Edited by Pearl Ram

40 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

I don't know why but the term footie denoting our beautiful game really grates on me. Usually used by people who have never played the game and show only a passing interest. 

Are you watching the footie tonight? 

Grr. 

Ha ha ha I also hate the word “foodie” oh you know Sebastien he is a bit of a foodie…..he likes food eh…me too, I also like other things that keep me alive... I am a bit of an Oxygen-ie 

1 hour ago, Pearl Ram said:

I’m the same with soccer. Star Soccer on ITV when I was a lad, Soccer Saturday on Sky oddly enough on Saturdays. 

I have never in my life had anybody ask me if I was going to the soccer, if I fancied a game of soccer or if planned watching the soccer on the telly. IT’S FOOTBALL FOR HEAVENS SAKE.

...or fitba’ for our friends north of the border. ?

Of course soccer is an older name for the game than football..

*puts on tin hat

11 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Of course soccer is an older name for the game than football..

*puts on tin hat

Is it ? I thought it came from Association Football, which suggested to me that wasn’t quite the case. Happy to corrected though. 

The point stands though that no one I am/was associated with used the term soccer when referring to playing, attending or watching the game. ?‍♂️

Just to add, why then aren’t clubs known as So & so Soccer Club ? Every club is FC, not one is SC ?

Edited by Pearl Ram

3 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

Can we add the phrase “from the get go” to the list of capital offences? It doesn’t seem to make any sense at all to me.

Just tried to join Bet365 to take advantage of their £100 new joiners offer

Tried to find some upcoming matches to put some £1 bets on - there werent any 

Finally discovered them

They were under S for Soccer ! Wow !

13 hours ago, Pearl Ram said:

Is it ? I thought it came from Association Football, which suggested to me that wasn’t quite the case. Happy to corrected though. 

The point stands though that no one I am/was associated with used the term soccer when referring to playing, attending or watching the game. ?‍♂️

Just to add, why then aren’t clubs known as So & so Soccer Club ? Every club is FC, not one is SC ?

Association football is the full name of the sport (differentiating itself from rugby football).
Soccer was originally the accepted nickname up until around the 50s, before starting to fade out in the 60s (replaced by just 'football')

On 31/07/2021 at 06:07, Chester40 said:

But in particular.. Golf!!!?? Jesus wept! Boring as hell to watch anyway ...but seriously...watching it now and it's so clearly out of context with the games. Four days worth of multi-millionaires poncing round in an event they don't give two hoots about. 

Big golf fan, love watching it but agree - Olympics is not about giving people who are on telly 49 weeks a year another chance to be watched. Ditto tennis, you have your place, use that or - alternately, have BMX races round centre court of Wimbledon just before the men's final.

People who go on holiday and put out of office replies that just congratulate themselves on what a great job they do. Normally things like "I am enjoying a well earned break" or "I am disconnecting for a few weeks after a tough year" or "I am taking time to recharge".

It's not a blinking eulogy, it's just telling people you won't be in the office.