Random stuff that people do that annoy me

Wolfie

On 12/06/2021 at 11:55, MrPlinkett said:

We are having a new bathroom next week,  so why is my wife currently scrubbing the current one so its spotlessly clean ?

Its always clean anyway but its currently having its biggest clean since we moved in.

Exactly the same happened when we had ours done in Jan. Madness.

Post things totally out of context, the purpose of the post being purely and simply to give a mate's utterly brilliant new album, which is just a wonderful and faithful example of the genre and era known colloquially as "NWOBHM" and which is getting stunningly good reviews in the music press and websites all over Europe, a plug.

1356278264_angelofdeath.png.thumb.jpg.c467bcde3b622b77e4fe885f8683b3b8.jpg

Oh, wait.....

10 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Post things totally out of context, the purpose of the post being purely and simply to give a mate's utterly brilliant new album, which is just a wonderful and faithful example of the genre and era known colloquially as "NWOBHM" and which is getting stunningly good reviews in the music press and websites all over Europe, a plug.

1356278264_angelofdeath.png.thumb.jpg.c467bcde3b622b77e4fe885f8683b3b8.jpg

Oh, wait.....

Surely not the Danish metal band from late 70's?!

14 minutes ago, WharfedaleRam said:

Surely not the Danish metal band from late 70's?!

Yes, the very same. The guys who recorded the classic "Fit For Fight" in the early 1980s re-formed a few years ago (2012) and recorded "Axe To Grind". Since then they have been (occasionally) touring. Half of the original lineup are still in the band, and they recruited Kev when they re-formed.

On 04/06/2021 at 11:29, Wolfie said:

At petrol stations, when the cost of fuel on the vertical board is vastly different to what you actually pay at the pump.

I don't know if this is becoming a thing but I've not noticed it before & had 2 occasions in the last month:

TOTAL garage alongside the AI: £1.22 advertised. Pump price: £1.47 - saw it and drove away

BP Garage near my home last night: £1.31 advertised. Pump price £1.45 - needed some fuel, so just put £20 in and will fill up elsewhere at the weekend.

Isn't this Trades Descriptions or misleading advertising or something?

if you can prove the board is an offer to sell then you have. case for a legal suite.

I'd advise not wasting your time suing your local garage, instead take on BP and wrap them up in legal tape for years to come.

22 hours ago, Eddie said:

Yes, the very same. The guys who recorded the classic "Fit For Fight" in the early 1980s re-formed a few years ago (2012) and recorded "Axe To Grind". Since then they have been (occasionally) touring. Half of the original lineup are still in the band, and they recruited Kev when they re-formed.

I still have the Are you there?/No Angel 7" in my collection. Picture sleeve of course!

On 12/06/2021 at 09:14, FindernRam said:

Sainsburys yesterday some moronic person had swapped the hoses over on the pump. As I put 50litres in it would have been a costly fill up if I hadn't noticed.

But that wouldn't work would it? The pump only primes when lifted so you wouldn't be able to fill the wrong fuel as the handle you were pressing wouldn't be the one you have engaged. Yeah?

7 minutes ago, WharfedaleRam said:

I still have the Are you there?/No Angel 7" in my collection. Picture sleeve of course!

They were always a band in my "I really want to go and see them" collection in the early days, but I never did. I will definitely when they tour again in the after-times.

9 hours ago, FindernRam said:

Funny I always thought it was Lycra louts who thought they owned the road the way they ride...and I have nothing against the vast majority of responsible cyclists and I will give them plenty of room.  

... unlike the aforementioned Lycra!  ?

• 2 weeks later...

People who start Teams / Zoom work calls by taking ten minutes to tell you how exhausted they are and how hard they have been working. Like the business is going to give you a six month break.

Welcome to capitalism - you work, you fall, the next one steps up. You don't even get a carriage clock on the way out any more. Hey, I'm old enough to remember when doctors and nurses got appluaded down the street. Those were the days......

2 hours ago, BaaLocks said:

You don't even get a carriage clock on the way out any more.

I've just put in an order for a £100 wok for 5 years service. Had a few other options including a deep fat fryer, electric veg steamer, microwave, food processor, bread maker, a watch, alarm clock, various items of luggage, earphones, bookshelf speakers, a bluetooth speaker, a grass strimmer...

Edited by Coconut

9 minutes ago, Coconut said:

I've just put in an order for a £100 wok for 5 years service. Had a few other options including a deep fat fryer, electric veg steamer, microwave, food processor, bread maker, a watch, alarm clock, various items of luggage, earphones, bookshelf speakers, a bluetooth speaker, a grass strimmer...

...cuddly toy?

You work somewhere, where they offer a reward of some kind, for completing five years of service?