Random stuff that people do that annoy me

Wolfie

17 hours ago, Rev said:

The local drug dealer is pissing me off.

It's like he's never seen an episode of The Wire or Breaking Bad!

Started turning up on our street around two months ago, always around the same time of day.

Parks up, then his clients pull up nearby, walk to his car, jump in the passenger seat, then exit 10 seconds later, with goods in hand. Sometimes 3 or 4 waiting car loads at a time.

To be honest, I don't have a problem with how he chooses to earn a living, so much as to how flagrant he goes about it.

It's not a bad spot to do such deals, being a quiet residential area with access to two arterial roads either end of the estate, it's the sheer brainlessness of using the same location time after time that's pissing me off.

It's like he wants to be caught, this Monday I bumped into him at the local Tesco express, It must have been bring your kid to work day, as he had a very small child with him.

On the one hand, I want to go out when he's outside and smash his car to bits and dare him to call the cops, on the other hand I'm not keen on having my car or house firebombed!

Any advice, people?

Approach him and say "I have noticed what your doing and I dont really care, however there is a street WhatsApp group and they are mentioning getting the police to watch you so just giving you the heads up"

Maybe go for the "nice one mate" approach rather than "come here again and I will phone the police"

17 hours ago, Rev said:

Started turning up on our street around two months ago, always around the same time of day.

Parks up, then his clients pull up nearby, walk to his car, jump in the passenger seat, then exit 10 seconds later, with goods in hand. Sometimes 3 or 4 waiting car loads at a time.

To be honest, I don't have a problem with how he chooses to earn a living, so much as to how flagrant he goes about it.

It's not a bad spot to do such deals, being a quiet residential area with access to two arterial roads either end of the estate, it's the sheer brainlessness of using the same location time after time that's pissing me off.

It's like he wants to be caught, this Monday I bumped into him at the local Tesco express, It must have been bring your kid to work day, as he had a very small child with him.

On the one hand, I want to go out when he's outside and smash his car to bits and dare him to call the cops, on the other hand I'm not keen on having my car or house firebombed!

Any advice, people?

I don't understand why you can't just call the police. Do and anonymous tip off that he's always there at the same time & they can be waiting round the corner for when he, or he & mates, show up.

It's not like the bloke is going to firebomb the whole street just in case someone there reported him, surely.

6 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

People who give a review on a product then say something along the lines of "not tried it yet". What goes through their minds - are they so desperate to see their names in print?

That's reminded me of one. Not annoying as much as just "why?"

When people go to the bother of answering questions about products on Amazon with "I don't know"

Edited by Wolfie

People who ask for your phone number and when you start to give it them say 'yes' after the first 3 numbers so they then don't hear the next 3 and you have to start again.

I just had a conversation that was more like Sid the Manager from Steve Wright in the Afternoon than a simple telling of a phone number.

1 hour ago, Wolfie said:

I don't understand why you can't just call the police. Do and anonymous tip off that he's always there at the same time & they can be waiting round the corner for when he, or he & mates, show up.

It's not like the bloke is going to firebomb the whole street just in case someone there reported him, surely.

This is what I don’t understand. Dealers are a massive problem. It’s not ok to be supplying drugs. 

19 hours ago, Rev said:

Any advice, people?

Firebomb his car first. 

GIF by Identity

On 24/08/2021 at 09:04, JoetheRam said:

Councils that don't collect bins.

It's a shortage of lorry drivers, they say.

They have enough to collect the black bins, and enough to collect the blue bins, but seemingly not for the brown bins (garden waste).

It's so long since mine was emptied it's rotting to a mush at the bottom and stinks like hell.

20 hours ago, Rev said:

Any advice, people?

If it were me I'd go up to the guy when he's waiting for one of his clients and just say look mate I don't particularly have anything against what you're doing unless you're peddling crack to kids but this isn't the place to be doing it as the amount of extra traffic coming to my street is becoming a nuisance and dangerous...so please could you find somewhere else to carry on your business, fairs fair?

If he doesn't oblige then yes absolutely I'd just take his registration and report him to the police which he probably will full well know what would happen next anyway. 

Am sure he can find some other covert place to do his deals without annoying the residents. 

2 hours ago, Wolfie said:

It's not that easy. 

It's one thing suspecting what's occuring, another thing proving it. 

Say I call them, give his reg and those of his customers I've written down, what do you think will happen? 

I couldn't honestly say I've seen drugs change hands, just people get in a car and some type of transaction take place. 

Hardly likely to get Plod racing around on a stakeout, is it?

4 hours ago, Wolfie said:

grass GIF

1 hour ago, Rev said:

It's not that easy. 

It's one thing suspecting what's occuring, another thing proving it. 

Say I call them, give his reg and those of his customers I've written down, what do you think will happen? 

I couldn't honestly say I've seen drugs change hands, just people get in a car and some type of transaction take place. 

Hardly likely to get Plod racing around on a stakeout, is it?

Can’t you make out to plod he’s kerb crawling and you are concerned he’s trying to entice minors ? No mention of drugs, your conscience will be clear on that issue, he gets a tug for suspected kerb crawling and the issue is solved. 

My work here is done.

@Revmy advice fwiw, do NOT make yourself known to this or any other drug dealer. Not worth the potential repercussions. Do whatever you wanna do anonymously, or simply live with it until it genuinely impacts on your life. 

Edited by Mostyn6
Speeling misteak

37 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

grass GIF

What, so you strongly suspect that a crime such as this is taking place where you live and do nothing?

I bloody would. Why would I want my kids walking/playing on the street with that going on? Anonymous call to police saying I strongly suspect x and y. Let the plod put it under surveillance and hopefully sort it.
If it’s innocent, no harm done. 

Just now, Wolfie said:

What, so you strongly suspect that a crime such as this is taking place where you live and do nothing?

I bloody would. Why would I want my kids walking/playing on the street with that going on? Anonymous call to police saying I strongly suspect x and y. Let the plod put it under surveillance and hopefully sort it.
If it’s innocent, no harm done. 

If every uni student in the country called the police any time they saw a drug dealer, there would be no drug dealers left.

Good shout tbf.

15 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

@Revmy advice fwiw, do NOT make yourself known to this or any other drug dealer. Not worth the potential repercussions. Do whatever you wanna do anonymously, or simply live with it until it genuinely impacts on your life. 

TBF, it's the amatuerness that pisses me off, not the act itself.

I bet he keeps his stash and his cash in the same location.

Those two twits on SSN’s transfer show.

Twit 1  (Referring to Ronaldo) “ His preferred move was to Manchester City” Less than 10 seconds later “And now he’s got his dream move back to Old Trafford” ?

Twit 2 With the urgency of an announcement of Covid being a thing of the past and everlasting world peace declared “I got a text, I got a text yesterday afternoon at 15:44 saying Manchester City was his destination”

I’ve never seen two people so full of their own self importance as these two. Oh for the phantom flan flinger to appear out of nowhere.