Random stuff that people do that annoy me

Wolfie

People you wait for to drive passed then turn off without indicating, or drive passed with a thank you.

People who walk along slowly reading their phones holding me up

People who put their phones on speaker for a conversation whilst walking down the street

Tescos Wraps - so often stick together and tear getting them apart

Not replacing the empty toilet roll

The OAP in front of me at the till asking 4 times how much it was again, and then paying in pennies (I know it'll be me one day)

Bullshi77ers and liars in general

4 hours ago, Coconut said:

I've just put in an order for a £100 wok for 5 years service. Had a few other options including a deep fat fryer, electric veg steamer, microwave, food processor, bread maker, a watch, alarm clock, various items of luggage, earphones, bookshelf speakers, a bluetooth speaker, a grass strimmer...

Excellent wok, you should be proud....

On 01/07/2021 at 17:45, Coconut said:

I've just put in an order for a £100 wok for 5 years service. Had a few other options including a deep fat fryer, electric veg steamer, microwave, food processor, bread maker, a watch, alarm clock, various items of luggage, earphones, bookshelf speakers, a bluetooth speaker, a grass strimmer...

Nice wok if you can get it!

16 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

There’s a reason why I moaned about this today, and it’s because I turned on the radio to see if Three Lions was going to be top of the charts!

People who listen to the radio rather than doing a quick Google

https://www.officialcharts.com/charts/singles-chart/

Edited by Ghost of Clough

27 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

How do you discover new music if your mind is closed off? 

My mind is closed off? Cheers. 

There’s plenty of ways to discover new music. The radio has never been an influence for me. There’s word of mouth, flicking through the list of bands in liner notes, bands that tour with bands I like, music services algorithms, bands I’ve discovered from my old gig promoting days, music documentaries all to name a few. 

Radio is primarily a marketing tool utilised by the big record labels. I’m not saying I don’t like anything they play but they only cater a certain audience. 

1 hour ago, ThePrisoner said:

My mind is closed off? Cheers. 

There’s plenty of ways to discover new music. The radio has never been an influence for me. There’s word of mouth, flicking through the list of bands in liner notes, bands that tour with bands I like, music services algorithms, bands I’ve discovered from my old gig promoting days, music documentaries all to name a few. 

Radio is primarily a marketing tool utilised by the big record labels. I’m not saying I don’t like anything they play but they only cater a certain audience. 

In honesty, I mainly listen to Heart 80s anyway! ??

21 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Swear words being censored on the radio. Completely ruins the song. Can't wrap my head why people find the odd bit of swearing offensive.

Should be asking why songwriters feel the need to swear in the first place.

If you want to convey strong feelings there are plenty of other adjectives out there.

307853F8-2C10-4F58-9D08-52F5C61D4A7A.jpeg

Just now, Bob The Badger said:

I had a record shop for 7 years and I probably listen to not far short of as much new music with discover weekly and radio playlists as I did back then.

People who clearly exaggerate for effect. 

Just make your point, there's no need to BS people to death in a pathetic attempt to win an argument.

I'm new to all this so haven't had the time to scroll through all the previous pages but I bet I'd agree with most of them. Sorry if this has been mentioned before, but are motorists getting lazier about acknowledging courtesy? It may be a legal requirement to let joining traffic gradually filter in, but when you indicate to the vehicle in the slip lane that you are giving way to them and they are safe to pull out, surely a raised hand is a polite and friendly gesture?

Also, younger people starting sentences with the word 'So' when they reply to a question. Where on earth did that come from?