Random stuff that people do that annoy me

Wolfie

17 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

Strange phrases that only exist in football commentaries. 

A newly signed player sat in the stand will always be 'On watching brief'. 

A player who has a good game will be 'Mentioned in dispatches'. 

Every time a keeper makes a one handed save the commentator saying "strong hands there". What did you expect? That is was just going to get blown off?

1 hour ago, Chester40 said:

Strange phrases that only exist in football commentaries. 

A newly signed player sat in the stand will always be 'On watching brief'. 

A player who has a good game will be 'Mentioned in dispatches'. 

There’s literally a whole Twitter account and Athletic podcast dedicated to this and it’s great.

The use of the word "quality" in football commentaries. Watching a game the other night it seemed like every few seconds.

The other one is "outstanding". Any time a cross goes somewhere near the box it's outstanding, or a routine tackle is made, the same. Carragher, Higginbotham and the NI guy seem particularly bad. But they all do it.

People who leave the bathroom light on and the door closed when they're done, creating uncertainty when it comes to you needing to enter the bathroom yourself as to whether there's someone in there or not. Also people who forget to lock the door when they're in the bathroom.

Leading to....

- Calling out, knocking on the door to check the occupancy status - waste of breath, shouldn't be necessary
- Trying the handle, finding it locked and having to apologise to the occupant for attempting to barge in on them taking a dump. Embarrassing
- Trying the handle and opening the door to the sight of someone sat on the pooper. Mortifying.

Edited by Coconut's Beard

On 24/08/2021 at 14:22, Coconut's Beard said:

People who leave the bathroom light on and the door closed when they're done, creating uncertainty when it comes to you needing to enter the bathroom yourself as to whether there's someone in there or not. Also people who forget to lock the door when they're in the bathroom.

Leading to....

- Calling out, knocking on the door to check the occupancy status - waste of breath, shouldn't be necessary
- Trying the handle, finding it locked and having to apologise to the occupant for attempting to barge in on them taking a dump. Embarrassing
- Trying the handle and opening the door to the sight of someone sat on the pooper. Mortifying.

At my Grandfather's house the privvy was at the bottom of the garden. To avoid a wasted journey he would stand in the doorway of the kitchen and holler, "Is there anybody on?". There was no flush mechanism on the toilet so you had to take a bucket of water with you. There was a little picture of a ruin on the back of the bowl with the words 'The Parthenon'  inscribed underneath.

Edited by Miggins

49 minutes ago, Miggins said:

At my Grandfather's house the privvy was at the bottom of the garden. To avoid a wasted journey he would stand in the doorway of the kitchen and holler, "Is there anybody on?". There was no flush mechanism on the toilet so you had to take a bucket of water with you. There was a little picture of a ruin on the back of the bowl with the words 'The Parthenon'  inscribed underneath.

With my prostate I'd probably die of hyperthermia before I got through one winter if that's all I had. 

Well 'ard that generation. 

People who complain on trip advisor etc even when they have been given everything possible to resolve their issues at the point of the problem. Why do that?  Mistakes happen, if every effort has been made to compensate and apologise why isn’t that enough? They still have to have that last underhand spiteful dig. 

The local drug dealer is pissing me off.

It's like he's never seen an episode of The Wire or Breaking Bad!

Started turning up on our street around two months ago, always around the same time of day.

Parks up, then his clients pull up nearby, walk to his car, jump in the passenger seat, then exit 10 seconds later, with goods in hand. Sometimes 3 or 4 waiting car loads at a time.

To be honest, I don't have a problem with how he chooses to earn a living, so much as to how flagrant he goes about it.

It's not a bad spot to do such deals, being a quiet residential area with access to two arterial roads either end of the estate, it's the sheer brainlessness of using the same location time after time that's pissing me off.

It's like he wants to be caught, this Monday I bumped into him at the local Tesco express, It must have been bring your kid to work day, as he had a very small child with him.

On the one hand, I want to go out when he's outside and smash his car to bits and dare him to call the cops, on the other hand I'm not keen on having my car or house firebombed!

Any advice, people?

7 hours ago, Rev said:

The local drug dealer is pissing me off.

It's like he's never seen an episode of The Wire or Breaking Bad!

Started turning up on our street around two months ago, always around the same time of day.

Parks up, then his clients pull up nearby, walk to his car, jump in the passenger seat, then exit 10 seconds later, with goods in hand. Sometimes 3 or 4 waiting car loads at a time.

To be honest, I don't have a problem with how he chooses to earn a living, so much as to how flagrant he goes about it.

It's not a bad spot to do such deals, being a quiet residential area with access to two arterial roads either end of the estate, it's the sheer brainlessness of using the same location time after time that's pissing me off.

It's like he wants to be caught, this Monday I bumped into him at the local Tesco express, It must have been bring your kid to work day, as he had a very small child with him.

On the one hand, I want to go out when he's outside and smash his car to bits and dare him to call the cops, on the other hand I'm not keen on having my car or house firebombed!

Any advice, people?

Crimestoppers? 

On 24/08/2021 at 09:04, JoetheRam said:

Councils that don't collect bins.

Also councils that do collect bins but whose collectors decide to scatter rubbish and the bins across your property. Totally unnecessary. I know it’s not a great job but please don’t take that out on us!

On 15/08/2021 at 16:16, BaaLocks said:

Every time a keeper makes a one handed save the commentator saying "strong hands there". What did you expect? That is was just going to get blown off?

I certainly would expect that at a football match, especially live on the TV ?

Edited by TexasRam