Can we try something different?

Day

Just, maybe get behind Warne and the team, full blind faith if that’s what it takes, just give this team a fair chance with full supporter backing?

I get that might go against your personal philosophy, the style of football you like to see. I get it will be hard at times if we’re walking away from games with 20% possession, we’re fresh out of League one, let’s have some realism on the current situation.

Hear me out, this doesn’t need to be forever thing, it’s a here and now situation that we are dealing with, we don’t have to love it, walk round with huge boners, but the least we can do is just get behind it and stop the daily whinging and groaning that’s completely draining the dregs of enthusiasm remaining amongst us.

We’re not even into September and it feels like many have just washed their hands and dreaming of the next manager, the next big signing.

We’re fresh out of League One, a club that’s rising from the ashes, where is the context, the patience, the understanding.

Please, for the love of all things Rams, just have a few months off and rally around this squad as it’s all we have now until January. 🐏

I can't do it, Day. I just can't summon the energy to get even vaguely excited about 25-35% possession and feeding off scraps. We are less than the sum of our parts and it doesn't have to be that way.

I try not to be too negative and take the positives, but unless something changes pretty quickly the levels of discontentment are only going to grow. Either Warne fixes it, or someone else needs to.

I'll get behind the lads when I'm in the ground, but it's bloody hard work sometimes.

Edited by JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta

Sorry Day but I can’t raise the enthusiasm for it. Football for me is about entertainment; I have a ST and I’m an away member but what I’ve seen from us already is so far from what I believe football should be I just can’t be arsed to do the 230 mile round trip required to get to a home game. I’ll support from afar and go to the occasional game that’s convenient for me but while the current coaching setup remains in place I’m going to have a bit of a break. 

Edited by Jayram

8 minutes ago, Jayram said:

Sorry Day but I can’t raise the enthusiasm for it. Football for me is about entertainment; I have a ST and I’m an away member but what I’ve seen from us already is so far from what I believe football should be I just can’t be arsed to do the 230 mile round trip required to get to a home game. I’ll support from afar and go to the occasional game that’s convenient for me but while the current coaching setup remains in place I’m going to have a bit of a break. 

That's your right. I can't understand but I respect your right to that approach.

Please don't turn into a RoyMac, on here every 5 minutes torpedoing the rest of us though? 

Don't think you would, tbf. 

46 minutes ago, MaltRam said:

That's your right. I can't understand but I respect your right to that approach.

Please don't turn into a RoyMac, on here every 5 minutes torpedoing the rest of us though? 

Don't think you would, tbf. 

See that's just not correct. I'm sick of the personal jibes thrown around on here just because a poster sees football differently. There's no need for it.

Until a few days ago, or even just yesterday I couldn't be bothered to post much, bar some tweets, at all. But yeah let's single people out, nice one. Good start at unity.

There are a few on here that do nothing but troll the poster using the post as an excuse.

"We're all Derby, aren't we".

Edited by RoyMac5

I don't mind if people stay away from games, in fact I welcome it.

But people who moan on here all week then say thay go to games and get behind the lads aren't being honest with themselves. Because they go with the wrong mindset, and that first mis-placed pass or over-hit ball and the body language and then groaning starts. It's contagious and builds up during the match. 

People always say it's someone else doing that, but is it? 

9 minutes ago, angieram said:

I don't mind if people stay away from games, in fact I welcome it.

But people who moan on here all week then say thay go to games and get behind the lads aren't being honest with themselves. Because they go with the wrong mindset, and that first mis-placed pass or over-hit ball and the body language and then groaning starts. It's contagious and builds up during the match. 

People always say it's someone else doing that, but is it? 

I can say with some certainty that this isn’t the case with me at the matches. I’m very conscious of how we lifted them during the admin season. I convince myself every game it’s going to be good. I then come and vent on here about what’s going wrong.  

Though I do agree that this implicit negativity does seep in around the ground, I have to say in the south stand it’s a lot more explicit. Very vocal and unnecessarily personal criticisms quite early on. 

I think away games are bad for it as well. Every player is a useless C word or a F ing W

Edited by IlsonDerby

7 hours ago, Day said:

Just, maybe get behind Warne and the team, full blind faith if that’s what it takes, just give this team a fair chance with full supporter backing?

I get that might go against your personal philosophy, the style of football you like to see. I get it will be hard at times if we’re walking away from games with 20% possession, we’re fresh out of League one, let’s have some realism on the current situation.

Hear me out, this doesn’t need to be forever thing, it’s a here and now situation that we are dealing with, we don’t have to love it, walk round with huge boners, but the least we can do is just get behind it and stop the daily whinging and groaning that’s completely draining the dregs of enthusiasm remaining amongst us.

We’re not even into September and it feels like many have just washed their hands and dreaming of the next manager, the next big signing.

We’re fresh out of League One, a club that’s rising from the ashes, where is the context, the patience, the understanding.

Please, for the love of all things Rams, just have a few months off and rally around this squad as it’s all we have now until January. 🐏

COYR 🐏💪

Just now, IlsonDerby said:

I can safely say this isn’t the case with me at the matches. I’m very conscious of how we lifted them during the admin season. 

Though this implicit negativity does seep in around the ground, I have to say in the south stand it’s a lot more explicit. Very vocal criticisms quite early on. 

Yep. Whilst some can separate the two, people posting here or on X are dripping into the mentality of fans' behaviour,  whether they admit to it or not. It's human behaviour.

I'm not sure it's about being a total happy clapper, it's about balancing rational critique versus relentless negativity, often not backed up by any evidence. That's what wears me down. 

I'll come on here and analyse a poor game as well as a good one, but I don't feel the need to doomsay after every little thing that's gone wrong. 

14 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

See that's just not correct. I'm sick of the personal jibes thrown around on here just because a poster sees football differently. There's no need for it.

Until a few days ago, or even just yesterday I couldn't be bothered to post much, bar some tweets, at all. But yeah let's single people out, nice one. Good start at unity.

There are a few on here that do nothing but troll the poster using the post as an excuse.

"We're all Derby, aren't we".

You're being very touchy Roy... not like you.

I honestly enjoy your ability to have a slightly irksome retort to any conversation! 

Don't go changing.

Well said Day. 

of course people have the right to a moan about tactics and team performance and individual player attributes. 
But what we have from some isn’t just that. It’s based on a fixed view that didn’t change even after PW delivered the very thing he was appointed for and we all wanted. 
Even before the following season had started, during the friendlies, it surfaced again with equal vitriol as the previous season. 
 It should be called “Veruca Salt Syndrome”

7 hours ago, Day said:

I`m 65 and struggle to get a boner not long after I  wake up first thing in the morning

Edited by Alan Ramage 4 EVA

NGL, Barrow was a proper kick in the balls, not because I much care about the Cup, other than our travelling support and the cash it brings, but just because we looked feckin awful. I try to remain as upbeat as I can as I can't see the point of following any sport that turns me into a miserable **** for 9 months a year, I'd sooner take a hiatus, especially with no chance of a change of management anytime soon, but we just looked so half-arsed. If we'd run hard and just not clicked, perhaps I'd have felt different, but someone posted on here that they felt that the players had made less effort on the night than those who made the long return journey and I have to concur.

So can I still get behind the team? Hell yeah. And if I couldn't I certainly wouldn't be on here whining about it every day. Serves literally no purpose that I can see bar satisfying the urge to vent. Make your point and move on, is my mantra, but each to their own I guess. After all, plenty manage to offer their critique in a balanced and rational way and that's all good with me, but the ranting at Clowes, Warne and other forum members rather less so.

Looking forwards, well I personally think we had a pretty good window and the signing of Harness and Philips definitely piques my interest further. I initially felt that across a full season, we'd be about par, meaning either side of mid-table and bar Barrow, which I really hope was a one off, in effort terms at least, I've seen some positive signs. Against Blackburn, we played our way back into the game and looked most likely to go on and win until we went full gung ho and threw it away. Boro was tougher and significantly so, but until the loss of Cash and WIlson, we were right in the game and even though we rode our luck thereafter, I thought that defensively, we were excellent and restricted a very good attacking unit to potshots from 20 yards out for the most part. Against Watford, we again got off to a slow start akin to the Blackburn game and were distinctly second best for the whole of the first half really, yet we finished the game looking  the stronger outfit and were a tad unlucky not to come away with something to show for our efforts. Today, we face another decent looking side who have bought very well over the last 18 months, least to my eye, so I'd take a point now if offered, with a break after that for what is a very new side to get to grips with how PW wants us to play and each other's game. Yesterday we saw several posters immediately stating that we're doomed because we didn't sign a striker. I might be wrong, but I don't agree. Sadly though, I don't see any change as being likely in respect of the mood on here. None at all.