Kayden Jackson - Icon in the making?

Dimmu

Most of our new boys have their own thread, about a time he got one as well. 2 goals in 2 last games, he now has about another 45 games left to reach last season's three goals. I'd expect his pace to be a huge asset for us and hopefully, he gets to double digits with goals this season.

My Ipswich supporting friend just sent me this one. Apologies for the Facebook link, but I couldn't find anything better. I can assure you, that the content is worth watching. Actually, with this clip and a lot of goals, I can only see the iconic status of this fine young gentleman.  https://www.facebook.com/reel/1233589010953019

Edited by Dimmu
Turn on the sounds!

39 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

Most of our new boys have their own thread, about a time he got one as well. 2 goals in 2 last games, he now has about another 45 games left to reach last season's three goals. I'd expect his pace to be a huge asset for us and hopefully, he gets to double digits with goals this season.

My Ipswich supporting friend just sent me this one. Apologies for the Facebook link, but I couldn't find anything better. I can assure you, that the content is worth watching. Actually, with this clip and a lot of goals, I can only see the iconic status of this fine young gentleman.  https://www.facebook.com/reel/1233589010953019

And worked his socks off today as well. Covered so much ground tracking back to help the defence that he had absolutely nothing left when Warne stuck him up front for the last few minutes.

And how cool was his finish for our goal? Saw loads of those situations ending with a tame shot at the keeper or blazed over last season, but he kept his head and finished superbly. 

6 minutes ago, angieram said:

And worked his socks off today as well. Covered so much ground tracking back to help the defence that he had absolutely nothing left when Warne stuck him up front for the last few minutes.

And how cool was his finish for our goal? Saw loads of those situations ending with a tame shot at the keeper or blazed over last season, but he kept his head and finished superbly. 

Agreed , a lot saw his record (and me admittedly) and weren't buzzing about this signing , but I think he's going to be one of them shrewd signings and I'm happy to admit It's looking like I was wrong with this one 

14 minutes ago, dcfcreece1601 said:

Agreed , a lot saw his record (and me admittedly) and weren't buzzing about this signing , but I think he's going to be one of them shrewd signings and I'm happy to admit It's looking like I was wrong with this one 

One of those reminders which a lot of football fans need these days that stats without context aren’t much use at all. 

This is what I said in his transfer thread. Stand by it 100%

Early prediction. Fans favourite after 10 games. Never, ever underestimate work rate. You can look at stats all day and they paint a picture, but until you see someone running all game with their kit soaked in sweat, working hard for the team, for the manager, for the fans, you can only form part of it.

Sure his record is average, sure he isn't gonna bang in 25 goals and set the league on fire, but someone putting themselves about with the fans on their side raises the work rate and commitment of others around them. In they run through brick walls and the fans love them for it, others follow their example.

Our fans will bloody love him.

Probably a bit premature to laud him as the second coming, but I must admit I’ve been impressed with him so far. Definitely proving my indignation about his signing to be very harsh! 2 goals already, maybe he’s finally found his shooting boots!

Thought he was excellent today, and not just for his goal (which a good striker should score, but still needed good composure). He worked SO hard both offensively and tracking back. Whenever you got the ball to him you thought he would be able to fight to keep a hold of it and drag us forward. His pace and energy is a real asset in wide areas, and he always put the work in tracking back, sticking with his man and supporting his full back.

The effort shown today by the whole team, 1-11, was the only reason we were able to beat a team clearly technically superior to us. And we will need that a lot this season. Jackson epitomised that work rate and defensive effort, and would have been man of the match for me if Vickers wasn’t so busy! Well done Kayden, keep it up and you may play a lot more football than a lot of us thought this season. Certainly deserves his plan in the starting 11 at the moment.

2 hours ago, angieram said:

Totally agree with this, would add and kept saying to a few around me, if he had a better understanding of playing off Collins, he might have had more chances. Collins was a right handful for Clarke and their other centre back, they knew they had been in a game with him. No criticism but just thought with more understanding, he could have been off and running with some of Collins lay offs.

Really like Jackson, he’s got pace, just needs service.

I very quickly realised that he was a much better footballer than I had ever given him credit for, technically speaking. He showed erratic tendencies during preseason, but got into promising positions. I think it was always going to be a case of seeing if he can get a couple of early goals and going from there - a quick, tall striker with an excellent first touch and good general all round ability. I think he will always have that erratic part to his game, but feel that the more confidence he has in himself will result in increased production.

5 hours ago, Dimmu said:

Obviously the club aren't signing superstars these days or even attracting the likes of Didsy McGoldrick. Fans are looking for legends and icons, so looking around the current squad, Jackson is as likely a candidate as anyone.