Match Thread: Cambridge United (a)

8 hours ago, Comrade 86 said:

Well, well... Shrews you absolute beauties! Might was well just leave this here then. Enjoy your evening fellow Rams! 

image.thumb.png.fc0e9f3a3fcb2f375fb1658cf6dbd6d1.png

Love it but feet on the ground and focus time for warne and the lads ,,,, jeez we are so close though ,,,

do it and this will be one of the most enjoyable seasons I’ve had watching derby 

Massive chance now of gaining promotion thanks to Shrewsbury last night

A win at Cambridge should about do it but we do need 4 points to be sure

If we do put in another poor away performance and lose we could see all three teams on 86 points come the final weekend,would still fancy our chances given who we play last game but like last nights result football is a funny old game

Nerve jangling time still, as there are still 3 teams who could get the 2nd auto promotion spot. I think we really need a win at Cambridge on Saturday which would then give us an excellent chance.

Bolton play Port Vale on Saturday and you would expect them to win (as we expected them to win big last night!) although Port Vale will be fighting hard to avoid relegation. If Bolton score first it could become an easy win (to reduce the goal difference). It seems they struggle a bit when the other side score first.

Peterborough travel to Bristol Rovers and must win really. Bristol are a strange animal who can be awkward. I do expect Peterborough to win though. They then play Cheltenham away on Wednesday which again could be difficult with Cheltenham desperately clinging on (could Curtis do us another favour?).

I would expect Bolton and Peterborough to win both their games. If Peterborough do not win their games then we face the possibility that they may rest players for the match against Bolton on the final day, making it easier for Bolton. If Bolton win against Port Vale, they have to keep going, play their strongest team and overtake our current 5 goal advantage in their last two games.

I know I have stated what everyone knows but needed to get it off my chest.

Oh, for a win on Saturday! But we all know we don’t do anything easily. I also expect a really difficult game against Carlisle, who have a free hit while our players will be on edge (silly mistakes, sendings off spring to mind).

I am sure it will all be fine! (Fingers, legs and everything else crossed)

2 hours ago, On the Ram Page said:

Nerve jangling time still, as there are still 3 teams who could get the 2nd auto promotion spot. I think we really need a win at Cambridge on Saturday which would then give us an excellent chance.

Bolton play Port Vale on Saturday and you would expect them to win (as we expected them to win big last night!) although Port Vale will be fighting hard to avoid relegation. If Bolton score first it could become an easy win (to reduce the goal difference). It seems they struggle a bit when the other side score first.

Peterborough travel to Bristol Rovers and must win really. Bristol are a strange animal who can be awkward. I do expect Peterborough to win though. They then play Cheltenham away on Wednesday which again could be difficult with Cheltenham desperately clinging on (could Curtis do us another favour?).

I would expect Bolton and Peterborough to win both their games. If Peterborough do not win their games then we face the possibility that they may rest players for the match against Bolton on the final day, making it easier for Bolton. If Bolton win against Port Vale, they have to keep going, play their strongest team and overtake our current 5 goal advantage in their last two games.

I know I have stated what everyone knows but needed to get it off my chest.

Oh, for a win on Saturday! But we all know we don’t do anything easily. I also expect a really difficult game against Carlisle, who have a free hit while our players will be on edge (silly mistakes, sendings off spring to mind).

I am sure it will all be fine! (Fingers, legs and everything else crossed)

It helps to talk and share- especially at tense and stressful times 👍😎

To be honest i am so bloody nervous i almost can’t bear to watch the Cambridge game 😳🐏🐏🐏🐏

1 hour ago, CapeTownRams said:

It helps to talk and share- especially at tense and stressful times 👍😎

To be honest i am so bloody nervous i almost can’t bear to watch the Cambridge game 😳🐏🐏🐏🐏

I am 58 and still get so nervous during important games that I have to turn the tv/radio off and wait until the games has finished and then finally summon up the courage to get the result. My dad is the same, a Saints fan, and he is 86 🤣🤣

10 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

I am 58 and still get so nervous during important games that I have to turn the tv/radio off and wait until the games has finished and then finally summon up the courage to get the result. My dad is the same, a Saints fan, and he is 86 🤣🤣

I'm a few years older than you and haven't been able to listen to or watch the away games since the Northampton debacle - even then, I've had angst about when to check on the final score and even which website to get it from - it's ridiculous! 🙄

I may just try to sleep through the game on Saturday.

2 minutes ago, Crewton said:

I'm a few years older than you and haven't been able to listen to or watch the away games since the Northampton debacle - even then, I've had angst about when to check on the final score and even which website to get it from - it's ridiculous! 🙄

If anyone is of a nervous disposition, I fully recommend not listening to Ed Dawes.

13 minutes ago, Crewton said:

There is a problem with sleep as you get older.

When I was younger I used take a nap now am older the nap takes me, I often wake up at the end of a film and wonder what happened to the middle bit of the film.😂😂

I have never fallen asleep during a Derby match there’s always too much drama .

i just want two more wins for the Rams with as little drama as possible and I will be happy Ram 🐏 

Edited by Elwood P Dowd

I hope the ideal scenario is an away win at Cambridge Utd on Sat - that would absolutely be a suitable outcome for the Away fans who’ve backed the team very loudly all season and then we either win or draw the final home game confirming promotion in front of a full house, where we can all give our gratitude to the players and especially to David Clowes who rescued the club for us all.
Whatever anyone thinks about the Manager, Coaches and Squad, they will have achieved promotion which not that many players or managers have achieved in the last 50 odd year - it would be a doe idk day for us all to come together and celebrate together.  Here’s hoping !! 🐏🤗  

16 minutes ago, Keepyuppy said:

I hope the ideal scenario is an away win at Cambridge Utd on Sat - that would absolutely be a suitable outcome for the Away fans who’ve backed the team very loudly all season and then we either win or draw the final home game confirming promotion in front of a full house, where we can all give our gratitude to the players and especially to David Clowes who rescued the club for us all.
Whatever anyone thinks about the Manager, Coaches and Squad, they will have achieved promotion which not that many players or managers have achieved in the last 50 odd year - it would be a doe idk day for us all to come together and celebrate together.  Here’s hoping !! 🐏🤗  

Totally agree with your second paragraph. However, whilst it would be more exciting to finalise promotion at home on the last day, for the sake of my heart, I’d be quite happy if we confirmed promotion at Cambridge. 😀