Match Thread: Cambridge United (a)

14 hours ago, Chester40 said:

Is there a Warne-confessional thread where the more vitriolic anti-Warne posters can bare their souls, recant their heretic views and thereby claim absolution and become a true believer with immunity from any 'I told you so' comments? 

Then we can all walk hand-in-hand into a better world, where grounds are like small cities, where the players have names you have heard of and it doesn't feel like a really weird coincidence if you happen to know someone who supports the opposition?

No because valid concerns remain about how he can take the style of football we've been subjected to since he arrived further up the pyramid.

As delighted as I will be if we go up,ets be honest that should be the minimum expectation for us in this division and he's done nothing to convince me he's suddenly got a plan or system in the works that will compete at a higher level.

We've been clinging on in games against the likes of Cambridge and Wycombe. Better teams won't allow that to happen.

Again, I'll be delighted if he proves me wrong because I like everything else about him and I hope he does.

5 hours ago, sage said:

Indeed. He also kicked one clearance up in the air and headed one backwards into his own box.

He can drive with the ball and shoots well with his left foot, just needs to work on other things.

And the central defenders never kick clearances into the air or head backwards? We've all seen it and not too long ago. To be fair Cashin is so good he often puts right the mistakes he makes. Sibley will be useful next season if he stays.

9 minutes ago, DRBee said:

And the central defenders never kick clearances into the air or head backwards? We've all seen it and not too long ago. To be fair Cashin is so good he often puts right the mistakes he makes. Sibley will be useful next season if he stays.

Not often when clearing the ball under no pressure. Just needs to improve on certain aspects to play in that position if promoted 

8 minutes ago, DRBee said:

👍 At least 80% of Bradley's headers went to Cambridge shirts, was he green yellow colourblind? 😄

2 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

👍 At least 80% of Bradley's headers went to Cambridge shirts, was he green yellow colourblind? 😄

in the second half in particular, 80 - 90% of our passes and clearances went to Cambridge players because we'd got all our players back in our own half, hanging around our penalty area. Our sole tactic was a big lumping ball as far upfield as possible, with running like stink trying to catch up with it in case a Cambridge defender made a mistake. Even though we don't play anywhere near Mac 1 levels, we ar better than what we did yesterday. But it got us the win, which in this league at this stage of the season is all that matters.