Match Thread: Cambridge United (a)

12 minutes ago, Charlie George said:

Where were you? They were 5 of us (2 of them kids) in South Habbin stand with another 50 or 60 Derby. Most of us celebrated when we scored and chanted throughout the game. 4 got thrown out at half time. No idea why as the stewards didn't bother any of us.

Anyway,great at the end and nice that most the players applauded that particular corner of the ground.

We must have been slightly to the left of you and saw several small groups given their marching orders, including a couple of lads spotted in the half time queue for refreshments and another couple who used our tactic of moving closer to the half way line for the second half.

So as a Stockport resident I’m surrounded by one of the other ‘County’s’ and I’m very happy for the local community and high spirits. I’m a happy Ram but clearly it’s all on hold for a long week 

9 minutes ago, SKRam said:

So as a Stockport resident I’m surrounded by one of the other ‘County’s’ and I’m very happy for the local community and high spirits. I’m a happy Ram but clearly it’s all on hold for a long week 

I’ve just moved to Edgeley - I’ll be even happier for the local community (us two) come next week 😉🤞🏻

5 minutes ago, Vimto Enjoyer said:

I’ve just moved to Edgeley - I’ll be even happier for the local community (us two) come next week 😉🤞🏻

Any advice re recommended boozers happy to help! 👍

So pleased we got the win yesterday.  Really good first half and probably should have been more than 1 goal up.  Great moment of quality forum Sibley and NML.  Superb pass and a calm finish from someone who hasn’t scored for a while.

The 2nd half was nervous, but on reflection, Wildsmith didn’t have a save to make.  The defence was superb and we didn’t give away my silly free-kicks.  Their main threat came from the long throws.  Wildsmith seem to have forgot what he was doing 2nd half. He managed to fall out with Bradley & Nelson and his kicking was shocking.  Let’s hope he’s got that out of the way.

When I see Sibley with a run and an incisive pass like that I just want to see him given 10 consecutive matches of at least 65 minutes in a more advanced position to see if we can coax out the absolute wonder kid we had for our under 18s. 

Is any manager brave enough to do that? I know he’s had ‘half chances’ where it hasn’t been great but he’s always earned those half chances by doing well in a cameo or in the wrong position. 

16 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

When I see Sibley with a run and an incisive pass like that I just want to see him given 10 consecutive matches of at least 65 minutes in a more advanced position to see if we can coax out the absolute wonder kid we had for our under 18s. 

Is any manager brave enough to do that? I know he’s had ‘half chances’ where it hasn’t been great but he’s always earned those half chances by doing well in a cameo or in the wrong position. 

There's a very good player in there but can be frustrating to watch at times, The effort in the 2nd half when in the box...side foot shot to the keeper when all the goal was open to the keepers left, Was the pitch to blame or just a little more composure🤷‍♂️

The pass to NML shows his thinking and ability 👌😊

17 minutes ago, Ram-Alf said:

There's a very good player in there but can be frustrating to watch at times, The effort in the 2nd half when in the box...side foot shot to the keeper when all the goal was open to the keepers left, Was the pitch to blame or just a little more composure🤷‍♂️

The pass to NML shows his thinking and ability 👌😊

Indeed. He also kicked one clearance up in the air and headed one backwards into his own box.

He can drive with the ball and shoots well with his left foot, just needs to work on other things.

9 hours ago, sage said:

I thought the Cambridge CB Rossi was decent. Like a young Alan Hansen.

Same here, he was excellent in the 2nd half.  A potential unearthed gem for next season?

My nerves were shot by the 97th minute, instead of running round the house like a lunatic on the final whistle, making sure the melty Red Dog dick-head next door could hear, I just collapsed in a heap and exhaled for what felt like an hour… 

Edited by ramsbottom

So yesterday big thing made of CUFC coming back out for lap of appreciation and awards. There was an exodus and very few left for it plus very quiet around us in main stand not just singing but also just general in match chat and comments. Seemed lots of gold kit but perhaps more Rams than we thought. We definitely sat near two as you could read larger font messages 😂