Match Thread: Cambridge United (a)

19 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

I really fail to see why any true Rams fan would go to the game next week knowing the sheer torture of losing and Bolton winning and being present for the bleakest day in our history (apart from all the other bleak days that were bleaker).

Let me carry your burden by taking your ticket off you.

Do you need someone to help you shoulder that burden Bob?! 

41 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

Brilliant run and finish for his goal and that’s why you play him but NML has been a tough watch today other than that

Can't fault NML for his effort. I think he's been running on empty for a while now . Excellent finish mind.

Brilliant defensive shift, with Louie and Nate adding the touch of class we needed to snatch the points from a Cambridge team who came to fight. All fans will doubtless be very pleased with the win, though I doubt many will say we played close to our best. Tough fixture and circumstances in which to do that though and I suspect the coaching team will be absolutely delighted with another clean sheet, as am I tbh! 

COYR
BE MORE B4

6 minutes ago, Comrade 86 said:

Brilliant defensive shift, with Louie and Nate adding the touch of class we needed to snatch the points from a Cambridge team who came to fight. All fans will doubtless be very pleased with the win, though I doubt many will say we played close to our best. Tough fixture and circumstances in which to do that though and I suspect the coaching team will be absolutely delighted with another clean sheet, as am I tbh! 

COYR
BE MORE B4

I thought Sibley was great today, dangerous in attack, provided a real outlet when we needed it and but for a limp right foot he could have scored to ice his performance cake. 

Absolutely VITAL win that. Terrific effort put in by the team to grind the result out second half, as painful and nerve wracking as it was to watch. Difficult to play against 13 men with Wildsmith and the Ref playing for Cambridge. 

The job is absolutely NOT done though. We still need at least a point next weekend, as the goal difference is tight now and Bolton will beat Peterborough. Let’s keep our feet on the ground - we’ve achieved nothing yet. Remain focused on next weekend and let’s see the job through with a win! COYR!

Judging by the angst in the posts covering the 2nd half, I think I made the right decision to shut myself away and turn on for Sportsence at 5pm! Sounds like a tough watch, but the lads did the job yet again through great defending.

Carlisle lost 1-3 at home to Wycombe today. That might be irrelevant for next week because, as we know, any team can put in a performance playing at PP infront of a couple of thousand of their own supporters. I'm sure though that Warne will be emphasising to the players that the job is only half done and, provided both the team and the fans "turn" up and make the stadium a cauldron, we'll get through it and finish the job.

Off now to open a bottle of Red  - I'm saving the bottles of Delerium that I've got until the job is hopefully finished next Saturday. COYR!

59 minutes ago, LazloW said:

Love how after we've just won that people are already working out what we'd have to do to not go up! Blimey - talk about glass half full.  We get at least a point and we're up (and we're playing Carlisle ffs). Let's focus on that?  Not suggesting it will be a walkover, but I reckon if you said a few weeks ago that all we'd need to do is draw at home on the last day of the season against the bottom club, we'd be OK with that. 

Especially with Simmo on the opposition bench! He'd want to do us a favour... wouldn't he?

51 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I suspect @ariotofmyown might just have been joking. 😀

I was actually serious, but using it in the way you might describe a top old boy down the pub as a "legend" rather than the older meaning for someone like Steve Bloomer, Brian Clough or Paul Peschisolido.

But both aren't quite correct, a real legendary figure is King Arthur (Cox).

26 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

And hitting the bar with a brilliant attempt and nearly getting on the end of another Sibs cross and... #COYR

According to the internet, he was only 1.7 furlongs out.  For missing the target from there, he wants bloody shooting!