Match Thread: Cambridge United (a)

12 minutes ago, Archied said:

Very very happy tonight 🐏, little mention for sunny Bradley , had a decent game ,very solid

Me too, had a great day working in the spring sunshine just catching the HT and full time score on Five Live.  Hope everyone can savour the week ahead in anticipation of a great occasion next Saturday. It's going to be  a long old week!

Edited by Wistaston Ram

Is there a Warne-confessional thread where the more vitriolic anti-Warne posters can bare their souls, recant their heretic views and thereby claim absolution and become a true believer with immunity from any 'I told you so' comments? 

Then we can all walk hand-in-hand into a better world, where grounds are like small cities, where the players have names you have heard of and it doesn't feel like a really weird coincidence if you happen to know someone who supports the opposition?

Edited by Chester40

1 hour ago, Rich3478 said:

I think it’s meant as a positive! As in we’re defo going up and if we don’t is our own fault!

I don't think so. So many negative posts and saying we don't deserve to get promoted if we lose one game. Hardly positive. 

2 hours ago, 1967Ram said:

Can't fault NML for his effort. I think he's been running on empty for a while now . Excellent finish mind.

If Gayle had stayed fit I think NML would have had more rest. He’s the only fit attacker with any pace we’ve had since TJJ got injured. Expect next year his workload gets reduced over the season once we’ve got some young, athletic forwards in place. 

9 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

Is there a Warne-confessional thread where the more vitriolic anti-Warne posters can bare their souls, recant their heretic views and thereby claim absolution and become a true believer with immunity from any 'I told you so' comments? 

Then we can all walk hand-in-hand into a better world, where grounds are like small cities, where the players have names you have heard of and it doesn't feel like a really weird coincidence if you happen to know someone who supports the opposition?

Maybe, well at least until the summer transfer business starts

5 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

They don't have to make a big show of it, just, embrace the love of Paul Warne in their hearts and use that love to cleanse their soul and turn to the future, made anew in image of the bobble hat.

Once they have accepted the light of the Warne, they will no longer be vulnurable to the siren calls of the anti-warne ghouls.

"I shall not read Milleniumrams posts, milleniumrams posts are the mind killer, i will let them pass through me, and the Paul Warne shall remain."

Just got back from Cambridge and currently in the Neptune, a big well done to the lads , a difficult game against a horrible side on a horrible pitch with crap officials , big shouts out for Collo , Sonny and Sibs today who I thought were all outstanding, forget Bolton and Peterborough and start the planning for the promotion party next Saturday, The Rams are going up ole ole 

Party Fun GIF by Solar Impulse

Los Angeles Football GIF by Sealed With A GIF

26 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

Love this post 🤣😊. Brilliant

BUT .. They will never recant. The first loss and it will be “I told you so” and the usual list of PW’s failings along with their reminder to all of us that they said it last season. 2 losses on the bounce and they will be wetting themselves with glee 😢

2 hours ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

I thought Sibley was great today, dangerous in attack, provided a real outlet when we needed it and but for a limp right foot he could have scored to ice his performance cake. 

I’ve said before that if Louie can accept that his place in a PW team moving forwards is probably at LWB, then he could make the position his own long-term (particularly given Elder’s chequered injury history. He’s proven his delivery is more consistent than Hourihane’s and he could still weigh in with some important goals coming inside. The only concern is that we are lightweight defensively on the left with him and CBT playing together.