Sonny Bradley

4 hours ago, rammieib said:

But it does make the signing of CBT pointless if you want to play three centre backs.

Don't agree that it was pointless. Other than Barkhuizen, we don’t have a straight replacement for NML should he have got injured, plus it might also be a case of signing a longer term alternative - CBT is 5 years younger and should now be coming into his prime. The guy needs to be given time, he seems to be one of those players who perform better when feeling an integral part of the squad.

4 hours ago, rammieib said:

But it does make the signing of CBT pointless if you want to play three centre backs.

Only if you want to stick rigidly to a 352, which Warne hasn't. CBT would fit into a 343, 442 or 424 depending on the opposition. Playing 4 at the back relies on more solid fullbacks, but unfortunately Nyambe, Fozzy and Elder are all out injured. The addition of Thommo in midfield worked well, but if it didn't, Warne could have changed it with the personnel on the bench.

Perhaps he could have brought CBT on as a sub towards the end, but maybe Barks benefitted a bit more, coming back from injury.

3 hours ago, ram59 said:

Only if you want to stick rigidly to a 352, which Warne hasn't. CBT would fit into a 343, 442 or 424 depending on the opposition. Playing 4 at the back relies on more solid fullbacks, but unfortunately Nyambe, Fozzy and Elder are all out injured. The addition of Thommo in midfield worked well, but if it didn't, Warne could have changed it with the personnel on the bench.

Perhaps he could have brought CBT on as a sub towards the end, but maybe Barks benefitted a bit more, coming back from injury.

I don’t think a player such as CBT signs without an assurance of where he fits into the team. I don’t think we should waste 10k a week on a player who doesn’t play.

45 minutes ago, rammieib said:

I don’t think a player such as CBT signs without an assurance of where he fits into the team. I don’t think we should waste 10k a week on a player who doesn’t play.

No player should have assurance that he's in the team, he needs to know that he's just part of the squad that's going places. As I've said, it's awkward to fit him into a 352 formation, but that's only one of several formations that we use and was only used yesterday  because of circumstances regarding injuries and the opposition.

23 hours ago, ariotofmyown said:

So you slag him off nearly every week, and Warne for selecting him, regardless of how he actually plays and how he had been clearly improving for a while now after a poor start.

Then he scores 2 goals, and suddenly you think he is a leader an potential captain material?

Your opinions are obviously built on not a lot. Who would have thought it.

From the reaction your post got, not sure many take much notice of your opinion either to be fair.

Isn't it funny, so called positive posters like you get on at us so called wrist slashers for being negative and as soon as we post something positive you then turn it negative.

My negativity revolves around what I see on the football pitch whereas yours is to attack other posters.

There are words for people like you, no doubt I'd get my latest ban if I were to use them though 😉 

22 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

From the reaction your post got, not sure many take much notice of your opinion either to be fair.

Isn't it funny, so called positive posters like you get on at us so called wrist slashers for being negative and as soon as we post something positive you then turn it negative.

My negativity revolves around what I see on the football pitch whereas yours is to attack other posters.

There are words for people like you, no doubt I'd get my latest ban if I were to use them though 😉 

I made no reference whatsover to the reaction your posts get. Not sure why you mentioned that.

I just think you look rather foolish for continually posting bile vs the likes of Bradley, then just because he scores two goals, he suddenly becomes a potential leader.

The negativity you've seen on the field has got us to 2nd and 2 wins from promotion. If we do go up, will you instantly post how you were continually wrong about Warne and the promotion shows he has done a great job.

Please tell me the words for people like me, so we don't have to read anymore of your posts. I would be genuinely interested to see what those words ars, as your complaints of me are very mild, yet would result in bannable insults.

9 hours ago, Ram-Alf said:

That celebration was...dare I say was...that's what I can do! 

Not everyone's cup o tea but a job done 👍

or perhaps 'that's what I can do .....on a good day'  

It was a good 2 goal performance from SB, no question. But that nonsense at Northampton was unnecessary and unprofessional. 

He was stupid to get sent off at Northampton but I can also understand his frustration having a defender on his back from every set piece and the ref ignoring it. He's played well at Luton in the Champ so I never doubted there was a player in there somewhere. Glad we had him back for set pieces because we've been absolutely woeful from open play in the final third lately, the Cambridge defence will be all over him from set pieces this Saturday.

On 14/04/2024 at 00:54, Millenniumram said:

That celebration irks me. You had a good game today Sonny and the fans were right behind you. Doesn’t change the fact you got yourself stupidly sent of 3 games ago, potentially jeopardising our promotion push. Fans had every right to be annoyed.

I enjoyed it. Maybe that's because I've backed him all along so don't feel 'triggered' by it like you clearly are... guilty conscience talking perhaps? I suspect it was in reference to a lot more than just the sending off. I've seen 'fans' write absolute nonsense about him all season, slagging him off whenever the opportunity presents itself. I have zero issue with a player giving it back under those circumstances.

We saw the same with Lawrence previously. Instead of fans getting indignant when it happens, maybe turn the mirror round and have a look at whether some of our own behaviour is causing it to happen eh? 

I don't think he's been slagged off that much but he's been a disappointment given he came from the Championship.   In a back 3 he'd be 5th choice if Fozzy and Nyambe were fit - even on Saturday he didn't look as assured as Nelson and Cashin but he scored two goals and if he did that every week he'd get a free pass for his defensive lapses. 

His first few games I thought we'd signed an absolute dud, but his form after Christmas improved significantly and coincided with a good run of results.  Northampton was a blip for a lot of players so wasn't overly concerned with him coming back in on Saturday.  Having him there ensures Cashin & Nelson can carry the ball out and sit wide to help the wingbacks.

However if we were to go up, I think we'll need an upgrade on him.

1 hour ago, tomsdubs said:

He was stupid to get sent off at Northampton but I can also understand his frustration having a defender on his back from every set piece and the ref ignoring it. He's played well at Luton in the Champ so I never doubted there was a player in there somewhere. Glad we had him back for set pieces because we've been absolutely woeful from open play in the final third lately, the Cambridge defence will be all over him from set pieces this Saturday.

Cambridge have only conceded 10 set piece goals this season, 5th best in the division (we're 2nd best), whereas Orient had conceded 15 before Saturday (around 8th worst - now 3rd worst thanks to us). Hopefully we can have the same effect on Cambridge's stats, but it looks like it'll be tougher.

7 minutes ago, Crewton said:

Cambridge have only conceded 10 set piece goals this season, 5th best in the division (we're 2nd best), whereas Orient had conceded 15 before Saturday (around 8th worst - now 3rd worst thanks to us). Hopefully we can have the same effect on Cambridge's stats, but it looks like it'll be tougher.

They've also conceded 48 goals from open play. We have enough ability in the team to score from open play not just set pieces. We jsut need to get an early goal to settle the nerves. Confidence will come from that. 

One thing I thought on Saturday, but when you have Bradley in you essentially have a leaders with experience in every part of your spine when you consider Smith and Collins. It makes a huge difference especially when NML is your team captain.

1 hour ago, YorkshireRam said:

I enjoyed it. Maybe that's because I've backed him all along so don't feel 'triggered' by it like you clearly are... guilty conscience talking perhaps? I suspect it was in reference to a lot more than just the sending off. I've seen 'fans' write absolute nonsense about him all season, slagging him off whenever the opportunity presents itself. I have zero issue with a player giving it back under those circumstances.

We saw the same with Lawrence previously. Instead of fans getting indignant when it happens, maybe turn the mirror round and have a look at whether some of our own behaviour is causing it to happen eh? 

I’m sat in the west stand so it wasn’t aimed at me anyway 👀

Irrespective, scoring two goals against a very poor Leyton Orient side doesn’t make up for an error riddled season where he has cost us more points than he has won us. Perhaps the criticism from some quarters has gotten personal which is of course never acceptable, but that celebration is no way to react to your own fans, most of whom probably aren’t those involved. 

It just goes to further reinforce my opinion that he’s a bit of a prize weapon, who clearly doesn’t accept that he’s performed poorly this season. As I recall, he attempted to plead his innocent to Warne after the Northampton game, rather than stand up and accept he’d let the team down - it’s clear Warne didn’t believe him, given we didn’t launch an appeal.

42 minutes ago, jimbobram said:

They've also conceded 48 goals from open play. We have enough ability in the team to score from open play not just set pieces. We jsut need to get an early goal to settle the nerves. Confidence will come from that. 

Indeed. They conceded 10 to Lincoln and Reading a couple of games into Monk's reign last month, but have tightened up in their last 4 games against tough opponents with a record of W2-D1-L1 F7-A3, so they're currently outperforming their season's averages. That early goal would definitely help.

22 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

I’m sat in the west stand so it wasn’t aimed at me anyway 👀

Irrespective, scoring two goals against a very poor Leyton Orient side doesn’t make up for an error riddled season where he has cost us more points than he has won us. Perhaps the criticism from some quarters has gotten personal which is of course never acceptable, but that celebration is no way to react to your own fans, most of whom probably aren’t those involved. 

It just goes to further reinforce my opinion that he’s a bit of a prize weapon, who clearly doesn’t accept that he’s performed poorly this season. As I recall, he attempted to plead his innocent to Warne after the Northampton game, rather than stand up and accept he’d let the team down - it’s clear Warne didn’t believe him, given we didn’t launch an appeal.

And yet many don't seem to have an issue with it. It does seem the generally vocally negative are the ones that seem irked by it... I don't think that's a coincidence?

I saw loads of comments after the Northampton game about how he shouldn't play for us again etc. Sections of our fanbase seem utterly oblivious at times that some of that criticism filters back to the players themselves. They're human and will react to it... then when they do, many of those same fans pull the surprised pikachu face that they dare have an emotional response...image.thumb.png.23e5e9387e0fca41c7a7b60fab698055.png

I think there’s a lot of “frequency illusion” going on with Bradley. Some have formed a view and are looking for things to reinforce that view and focusing on that.  Yes, he had a dodgy start and was, quite rightly, dropped.  But since getting a regular place he’s not made glaring errors that have cost us points.  His only misdemeanour was the sending off at Northampton.