Sonny Bradley

This one game hasn’t changed my opinion.

The errors we saw when he first started at Derby made me, and suspect many others, wonder why on earth we had signed him. But his form since getting back into the team (baring the blip at Northampton) has made me come to conclusion for some time now that he’s actually a decent player at this level and possibly in the Championship.

1 minute ago, Tamworthram said:

This one game hasn’t changed my opinion.

The errors we saw when he first started at Derby made me, and suspect many others, wonder why on earth we had signed him. But his form since getting back into the team (baring the blip at Northampton) has made me come to conclusion for some time now that he’s actually a decent player at this level and possibly in the Championship.

Nor mine, has been ok at best. Was awful at Northampton before an awful red card for a captain.

well happy with the two goals today,other than that was a pretty easy day though. Orient were poor.

has turned it around somewhat but still miles behind cash and Nelson.

Hope he keeps proving me wrong though

Shades of Roy Mac for both finishes 

he was a monster at the back (and needed to be they put some good balls in) 

he’s reacted well after needlessly getting hissen sent off at the end of a crap game at Northampton 

he must have worked hard in training cos Warne wouldn’t have liked that

Others take note it’s not making a mistake or a miss, but how you react the week after that gets you picked. . . .

He was good today but I'm still not in love with him as a player.

He hasn't fully deserved the slagging off he's had from some quarters but I'd be fine with us moving him on despite his two goals today. I know he's had good games and but there's something about feeling secure with the defenders the Neson and Cashin and Fozz have in spades, it might get there with him, but it's still nagging me.

There are a lot of fickle of fans amongst our fan group. Once they get a scape goat in there sights that’s it. Bradley has played well for a few games until his moment of madness. Came back into today was superb. Unfortunately like past players like Keogh ect some will never accept him. He’s the next target, very sad tbh. 

I hope he proves himself because chances are he's here next season and he'll be on decent money.  If we go up, no chickens being counted, if Warne sticks with a back 3 then Nelson, Cash, Nyambe, Bradley, Fozzy, Rooney would probably do for the championship - there's enough quality and cover there with a few capable of playing full back in a 4.

Edited by trappatoni

42 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Funny how 1 game can change an opinion.

He was solid today, 2 goals, a leader and potential captain material.

I doth my cap. There is a player there after all.

So you slag him off nearly every week, and Warne for selecting him, regardless of how he actually plays and how he had been clearly improving for a while now after a poor start.

Then he scores 2 goals, and suddenly you think he is a leader an potential captain material?

Your opinions are obviously built on not a lot. Who would have thought it.

I groaned when I saw he was starting. But all the frustrations I’ve had with him were absent today.

He was an absolute rock.

He actually jumped to win headers rather than that weird thing he does where he’ ducks under the ball.

He passed the ball to or in front of our players.

He seemed to do less of the wrestling in the penalty area at corners and looked so much more effective as a result.

He looked a leader out there today, and I’m ashamed I doubted him. 

I think too many people are reading too much into Warne's personal thoughts on the likes of Bradley and CBT.

I think that their inclusion and exclusion from the team today is down to how he felt that the team would perform best as a whole. I said before the game that we would go back to 3 CBs, because Wilson and Sibley are more comfortable playing with that extra CB to cover them. Then you add the extra legs of Thommo in midfield to make the midfield stronger, you have to lose a wide player.

7 minutes ago, ram59 said:

I think too many people are reading too much into Warne's personal thoughts on the likes of Bradley and CBT.

I think that their inclusion and exclusion from the team today is down to how he felt that the team would perform best as a whole. I said before the game that we would go back to 3 CBs, because Wilson and Sibley are more comfortable playing with that extra CB to cover them. Then you add the extra legs of Thommo in midfield to make the midfield stronger, you have to lose a wide player.

Would also suggest it’s too close to the business end of the season to worry about making a point.

5 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

That celebration irks me. You had a good game today Sonny and the fans were right behind you. Doesn’t change the fact you got yourself stupidly sent of 3 games ago, potentially jeopardising our promotion push. Fans had every right to be annoyed.

What celebration?

Just watched his goals again and for the first he runs off and celebrates wildly with the other players.  The 2nd he briefly stands with his arms out accepting the applause and then celebrates with other players and then claps the fans...

1 minute ago, Chester40 said:

What celebration?

Just watched his goals again and for the first he runs off and celebrates wildly with the other players.  The 2nd he briefly stands with his arms out accepting the applause and then celebrates with other players and then claps the fans...

The poster is just trying to cover his backside after making a crass comment when the team was announced.

2 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

The poster is just trying to cover his backside after making a crass comment when the team was announced.

Today he was impeccable all round.

I think for the future, Cashin and Nelson look better players. Plus Niambe and Forsyth have been great too... and all 4 are big strong lads who you can rely on. But as a group they aren't blessed with pace and/or age.. for that reason I'm not sure Bradley is what we need.

But Warne's recruitment has generally been decent imo so hopefully he can find someone over the summer.