Sonny Bradley

17 hours ago, trappatoni said:

I don't think he's been slagged off that much but he's been a disappointment given he came from the Championship.   In a back 3 he'd be 5th choice if Fozzy and Nyambe were fit - even on Saturday he didn't look as assured as Nelson and Cashin but he scored two goals and if he did that every week he'd get a free pass for his defensive lapses. 

Fozzy came in for the Bolton game and played out of his skin and is simply much better than Bradley and 2 goals don’t change the fact he’s to slow and if we do go up Bradley would get skinned in the Champ.

8 hours ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

I know 2 Luton fans, both of whom said 

- thanks for taking him, and

- can't play in a 3 as too slow when he gets pulled out of position.

Seems to have been a mixed bag. Probably ok when we're at home, on the front foot and not much actual defending to do. Otherwise, not so impressive.

Not this bloke then?

Screenshot_20240416-080021.thumb.png.2ea73eb095a022b8b546bbeba5a932d6.png

I know a couple of Rams fans who still think that Korey Smith was a waste of money.

1 hour ago, Crewton said:

Not this bloke then?

Screenshot_20240416-080021.thumb.png.2ea73eb095a022b8b546bbeba5a932d6.png

I know a couple of Rams fans who still think that Korey Smith was a waste of money.

They were each complimentary about him (they were unconnected individuals) but consistent in their views that his best days were passed and his injuries had both slowed him down and made him less prepared to "go in where it hurts".

Anyone who refers to Luton as a "great football club" surely needs their critical faculties challenging?

6 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

They were each complimentary about him (they were unconnected individuals) but consistent in their views that his best days were passed and his injuries had both slowed him down and made him less prepared to "go in where it hurts".

Anyone who refers to Luton as a "great football club" surely needs their critical faculties challenging?

If his best days weren't passed, he wouldn't have been dropping down to L1 level, though I gather other Championship clubs were 'interested' in signing him. But you only have to go back to the Sonny Bradley thread on the transfer forum - there were very few dissenters about his signing.

National League to PL on a tight budget? Who doesn't think that's 'great'?!? 🙂

There's always that section of our fanbase that write players off immediately and refuse to see the qualities when they do well. People on twitter were angry he came back in to the side on Sat, after 2 goals and MOTM they still refused to admit he was any good. His career suggests he has the character required to achieve promotions and success.

6 minutes ago, tomsdubs said:

There's always that section of our fanbase that write players off immediately and refuse to see the qualities when they do well. People on twitter were angry he came back in to the side on Sat, after 2 goals and MOTM they still refused to admit he was any good. His career suggests he has the character required to achieve promotions and success.

Once (a subset, granted) our fans settle on the team Scape goat some of them are very reluctant to let it go.

Gary Teale, Jacob Butterfield, Keogh, and many more before)

1 minute ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Once (a subset, granted) our fans settle on the team Scape goat some of them are very reluctant to let it go.

To be fair this bloke could have his fanclub of pissed off fans from North to South.  

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3642310/Footballer-arrested-engagement-party.html

This isn't the same bloke but the fact it came up in situ amused me.

Jacob Butterfield was banned for a total of 16 days for whip offences.

21 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

...Perhaps the criticism from some quarters has gotten personal which is of course never acceptable...

It just goes to further reinforce my opinion that he’s a bit of a prize weapon...

1 hour ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

It was only last season that a youth sat behind me said to his mate "is that Forsyth? I hate Forsyth, he's always been sh*t". Fozzy wasn't playing.

They walk among us, they really do.....

I have to say, as a regular critic, he played well today. 

Nelson was a bit shaky and Wilson was unconvincing, so Sonny stepping up was needed and he delivered.

Still not convinced by two upfront. The ball just keeps coming back our way, so if we play three CBs(as seems inevitable) I’d like to see Barks start.

And can we stop the Waghorn cameos? Painful to watch.