Match Thread: vs Bolton Wanderers (H)

1 hour ago, angieram said:

Cox would be the one but he's not match-fit. Came on for about 10 minutes last night. 

That's right. He was out since November and only just came back. He made his return to action last Saturday, playing 77 minutes for the U18s. He's also starting in the game vs Forest which just kicked off.

1 hour ago, kevinhectoring said:

In practice, an accidental handball by a forward in the area is much more likely to be penalised than one by a defender. Whatever the theory may be.    I don’t think the fact Gayle was ‘worried’ about being cleaned out would be a factor in referees’ minds 

By worried, I meant what was going through Gayle's mind was more likely to "woah...I'm about to get clattered, oh the ball has hit my hand" rather than "I'll just tip it past the on rushing keeper and let him knock me oved."

If the ref thinks he deliberately handballed it, not a pen. If the ref doesn't think he deliberately handballed it, it's a pen.

I'm sure VAR would have cancelled the pen out regardless, because the handball law, combined with VAR, is a farce.

2 hours ago, SECornerRAM said:

Sonny Bradley out today 

Nothing too serious - I'm lead to believe it's concussion (hence the sickness etc) 

If Fozzy can do 90 minutes then we’ve got away with this one. If not then we’re in the poo.

Neither Wilson or Ward look great at right back and especially in a game of this magnitude. 

If it is a back 4 I’d be tempted to go Smith and hope Sibley plays a blinder on the left.

Edited by TomTom92

1 hour ago, Wanderlust said:

OK - interpretation. But IMO the goalie was almost standing still with his hands ready to catch it, whereas Gayle was full pelt and extended his arm to knock it out of the goalie's hand.

And I'm struggling to see how handling the ball is a natural reaction to being worried about the contact.

Hypocritical comments after your home game against us with the same ref.

1 minute ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

Bolton have just released today’s set list:

Derby’s a s*******

You’ve only come to see the Bolton

Football in a library

Bolton Are massive

Derby’s a s******* (reprise)

It’ll be great to hear some new and original material from the away end this afternoon.

Pretty much the same as ours then. And indeed the majority of away supporters.

Maybe AI will lead to some more interesting chants 😊

6 minutes ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

Derby’s a s*******

Football in a library

Bolton Are massive

It’ll be great to hear some new and original material from the away end this afternoon.

And us in the South stand . We don’t need the drum either. 

13 minutes ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

Derby’s a s*******

Football in a library

Bolton Are massive

Can't believe they nicked all our songs!

18 minutes ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

Derby’s a s*******

Football in a library

Bolton Are massive

We’ll be that loud that we won’t be able to hear their infantile murmurings.🐏🐏

27 minutes ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

Derby’s a s*******

Football in a library

Bolton Are massive

By faaar the greatest team the world has even seen…. And it’s *tinpot club*, *tinpot club fc*

3 hours ago, Wanderlust said:

You know I try to be fair in my comments and I have to point out that I hope you do play like you did last week, because every other referee on the planet would see what everyone impartial fan in the country saw and would have sent the cheating, handballing con man Gayle off and you wouldn't have won leaving us ahead of you in the league. Is that not fair or are you going to convince me he didn't handball it and dive into the goalie?

Well, let's hope today's referee watched the game at your ground earlier in the season and tries a bit harder than that ref not to be conned into awarding you a penalty for a foul committed outside the penalty area or sending off our keeper for blocking the ball with his chest because, on the evidence from that day, your players aren't going to protest about the unfairness of such mistakes, are they?

16 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Apparently describing "2nd v 3rd, you know, like, when rangers play aberdeen usually" is both insulting and inaccurate.

What's this about RAW?

15 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

They were winning at Blackpool and then had a player sent off…

They were drawing and had just conceded a pen.

5 hours ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Gonna have to run on pure adrenaline today now after not getting my full allocation of beauty sleep. 

You'd need Snow White levels of sleep for that mate 😋

Safe journey to and fro buddy. Hopefully you'll be grinning to yourself all the way home.

1 hour ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

Derby’s a s*******

Football in a library

Bolton Are massive

Are there any 4 part harmonies in the list 🎶🎵🎹