Match Thread: vs Bolton Wanderers (H)

19 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Bloody hell. 8 hours since anyone posted, and I have been asleep all of those. I sometimes think I am the only proper Rams fan on this board

Wishing all you attendees a fantastic day. Big day, for a big club to deliver. Come on Warne. Make them all write an emotional ‘Why board’ entry, and then send them out the team thinking they are unbeatable. Come on you Rams!!!!

Catching train later to get in Derby for 12 noon.

Excited today!!!!

Today's the day Warne's 'characters' should come to the fore.

Massive game,  full ground... Nelson, Adams, Sonny, NML, Gayle,  Waghorn, Cashin... Big time players who have been here before.

The loser stare the play offs in the face having just choked in a critical moment to someone they could play... psychologically it's massive we don't go into our shells.

Embrace the occasion,  play on the front foot as we have been. Bolton will be at least as worried about this as we are. 

Stand tall lads and smash 'em.

4 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

I was thinking the same, one of the quietest matchday threads of the season for the biggest game. Quite a few posts from Bolton fans too.

I was thinking of you earlier. Please let me know how you get on with today’s recipe idea 😂❤️

https://www.theguardian.com/food/2024/mar/16/how-to-turn-leftover-aquafaba-into-vegan-macaroons-zero-waste-cooking-tom-hunt

4 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

Today's the day Warne's 'characters' should come to the fore.

Massive game,  full ground... Nelson, Adams, Sonny, NML, Gayle,  Waghorn, Cashin... Big time players who have been here before.

The loser stare the play offs in the face having just choked in a critical moment to someone they could play... psychologically it's massive we don't go into our shells.

Embrace the occasion,  play on the front foot as we have been. Bolton will be at least as worried about this as we are. 

Stand tall lads and smash 'em.

Obviously it’s an important game but I wouldn’t say the losers are facing the play offs in the face just yet. Also, whoever loses, it may not be because they “choked in a critical moment”. 

5 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Reading the suggestion thread takes up all our time so no opportunity to post here

Is he still going on the suggestions thread? I’ve put him on ignore in order to take breath. 😀

Surely we go again with the same team.

The back 3 look immense, wing backs have played well, gives us attacking options and Gayle is on a roll.

Still leaves us with very good defenders on the bench who could let us revert to back 4, as well as Wilson for trickery,  Thompson for legs, Waghorn to play 2 up top.

2 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Obviously it’s an important game but I wouldn’t say the losers are facing the play offs in the face just yet. Also, whoever loses, it may not be because they “choked in a critical moment”. 

If we go limply, try and be defensive as a 5 then I think it will be a huge blow.  At least play it to win for me.

4 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Plus thought a bit of hyperbole would get the thread going 😜

Just now, Chester40 said:

If we go limply, try and be defensive as a 5 then I think it will be a huge blow.  At least play it to win for me.

Whether it’s a “huge” blow or not is surely dependent on the result. If, by 5pm, we have won the game by a single goal having played very defensively then I’ll be quite happy. I’ve repeated a couple of times now what PW said “neither team will want to lose but both will play to win” and I think he’s right. It might be a slightly more defensive set up (which may be disappointing but possibly prudent) by both teams but today is about getting a result not putting on a show. 

If we play like we did last weekend we’ll blow these away. Bolton are decent but have a soft underbelly so we should be going for it. If we go defensive and show them too much respect they’ll do us, simple as that. Can’t wait to get up there today, the atmosphere is going to incredible. COYR.

Just now, i-Ram said:

I have no idea, but I thought if anyone would know it would be one of the Metropolitan liberal elite. 

Not likely mate, I'll stick to some good old Avocado on toast me.

(Whilst the liberal elite moan at the state of the world, Avocados have never been cheaper. Whereas you proper English apple eaters now pay a small fortune. They didn't put that on the bus!)

13 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

If we play a back 3 I’m pretty sure it will need to be a defensive 5 at times and an attacking ploy at others , im pretty sure it’s going to be that type of game , the set up can be both and gives the flexibility you need in a game like this , they are not gonna just let us spend 90 mins attacking them , they are a good side too and if we are pinned back at times im sure it won’t be because warne has set us up to play defensively 🤷🏻‍♂️