Match Thread: vs Bolton Wanderers (H)

If the Bradley news is true I’d hope to see;

Wildsmith

Nelson  Cashin  Forsyth

Ward   Adams    Hourihane  Sibley

Barkhuizen  Gayle   NML

Bench: Loach, Elder, Wilson, Smith, Thompson, CBT, Waghorn

Possibly Smith in for Hourihane as I mentioned earlier just cause I think he’s been quietly effective when subbed on in the last couple. Also would we maybe need a cb from the u21s on the bench for depth instead of Elder? Though Bartley played last night so not sure who 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

4 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

If the Bradley news is true I’d hope to see;

Wildsmith

Nelson  Cashin  Forsyth

Ward   Adams    Hourihane  Sibley

Barkhuizen  Gayle   NML

Bench: Loach, Elder, Wilson, Smith, Thompson, CBT, Waghorn

Possibly Smith in for Hourihane as I mentioned earlier just cause I think he’s been quietly effective when subbed on in the last couple. Also would we maybe need a cb from the u21s on the bench for depth instead of Elder? Though Bartley played last night so not sure who 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

Cox would be the one but he's not match-fit. Came on for about 10 minutes last night. 

Days like these drive me mad. The nerves, excitement and anxiety.

I feel it building a couple days before and the day itself is like waiting to go in for surgery 🤣

Even if we lose, all I want to see is a team that goes out and gives it everything they’ve got. If I see that I’ll be content.

Seize the day Derby 🐏

ram punching bag GIF

Edited by 8Leeds

1 hour ago, Jayram said:

If we play like we did last weekend we’ll blow these away. Bolton are decent but have a soft underbelly so we should be going for it. If we go defensive and show them too much respect they’ll do us, simple as that. Can’t wait to get up there today, the atmosphere is going to incredible. COYR.

You know I try to be fair in my comments and I have to point out that I hope you do play like you did last week, because every other referee on the planet would see what everyone impartial fan in the country saw and would have sent the cheating, handballing con man Gayle off and you wouldn't have won leaving us ahead of you in the league. Is that not fair or are you going to convince me he didn't handball it and dive into the goalie?

8 minutes ago, Wanderlust said:

You know I try to be fair in my comments and I have to point out that I hope you do play like you did last week, because every other referee on the planet would see what everyone impartial fan in the country saw and would have sent the cheating, handballing con man Gayle off and you wouldn't have won leaving us ahead of you in the league. Is that not fair or are you going to convince me he didn't handball it and dive into the goalie?

I hadn't seen that slowed down version before, clearly hits his hand first, but you could argue he is actually worried about being cleaned out by the on rushing goalkeeper.

If that was the case (although, obviously debatable) then I would assume it is a pen. An accidental handball before being fouled is a pen right? The handball rule is a farce though too.

12 hours ago, Chesterfield_Ram said:

I just hope we try to attack them, rather than sitting back waiting to counter attack.

PW’s comments about tomorrow being a game ‘we don't want to lose’ concerns me.

Stay on the front foot we win,resort to our usual 15,20 minutes camped in our own box we lose.warne has to be positive in his thinking

4 minutes ago, Wanderlust said:

How can you watch that and conclude Gayle dived into the keeper? He came flying out at Gayle and he had no chance of moving out of the way.

We were still fortunate, as even accidental handballs are punished in the opposition area. As this contact was milliseconds before the foul, I believe it would be awarded as a freekick to them? It's not conclusive that it was deliberate as someone rushing towards you would cause the instinctive hand raising to protect yourself.

However, in real time, it was almost impossible to tell if it was handball or not. What was obvious to everyone watching was the foul on Gayle.

2 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

I hadn't seen that slowed down version before, clearly hits his hand first, but you could argue he is actually worried about being cleaned out by the on rushing goalkeeper.

If that was the case (although, obviously debatable) then I would assume it is a pen. An accidental handball before being fouled is a pen right? The handball rule is a farce though too.

OK - interpretation. But IMO the goalie was almost standing still with his hands ready to catch it, whereas Gayle was full pelt and extended his arm to knock it out of the goalie's hand.

And I'm struggling to see how handling the ball is a natural reaction to being worried about the contact.

46 minutes ago, Idiakez said:

Has to be Fozzy LCB and Cash CB, surely?

Hope he puts Fozzie in the middle. Want Cashin and Sibley covering their right wing. With Adams sitting deep in MF that’s less ground for Fozzie to cover

10 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

What was obvious to everyone watching was the foul on Gayle.

"Everyone" being the Derby fans - and the ref?

Haven't met a single person who isn't a fan of either BWFC or DCFC who doesn't think Gayle was cheating.

TBF, several Derby fans went on the Reading fans forum and "apologised" for the incident, acknowledging Gayle conned the ref and it was a poor decision and should never had been a pen. But whilst that was agreed the Reading fans were gracious enough to say one bad decision doesn't make a bad referee.

Edited by Wanderlust

27 minutes ago, Wanderlust said:

The post you are replying to actually says "if we play like last weekend " not Tuesday so wind your neck in .

Edited by Mick Brolly

10 minutes ago, Wanderlust said:

"Everyone" being the Derby fans - and the ref?

Haven't met a single person who isn't a fan of either BWFC or DCFC who doesn't think Gayle was cheating.

Whilst the very slow mo version shows the ball hitting Gayle's arm, it's hardly cheating  nor is he a con man. Harsh words, imo.

Likewise the goalkeeper may have looked almost stationary to you in a slow mo replay, in real time he was thundering out of his goal.

So, a refereeing mistake.

Now, who benefitted from a refereeing mistake against us earlier in the season? 

Edited by angieram

9 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

In practice, an accidental handball by a forward in the area is much more likely to be penalised than one by a defender. Whatever the theory may be.    I don’t think the fact Gayle was ‘worried’ about being cleaned out would be a factor in referees’ minds 

3 minutes ago, angieram said:

Whilst the very slow mo version shows the ball hitting Gayle's arm, it's hardly cheating  nor is he a con man. Harsh words, imo.

Likewise the goalkeeper may have looked almost stationery to you in a slow mo replay, in real time he was thundering out of his goal.

So, a refereeing mistake.

Now, who benefitted from a refereeing mistake against us earlier in the season? 

Dwight did apologise after the game but fans have long memories and he did get a retrospective ban for diving in the past . Hope the ref takes the game on its merits.