Match Thread: vs Bolton Wanderers (H)

How today goes will depend alotnon our press, Bolton like to play out fromt the back & even in their 5-0 win midweek Oxford got a few chances from pressing Bolton so if we get it right we could nick a goal or 2 from it

49 minutes ago, Comrade 86 said:

What's this about RAW?

They were drawing and had just conceded a pen.

You'd need Snow White levels of sleep for that mate 😋

Safe journey to and fro buddy. Hopefully you'll be grinning to yourself all the way home.

Winding up a "big rangers man" on site earlier this week.

Just now, Comrade 86 said:

Might have started Korey Smith, but otherwise I think with those missing, this is as good a side as we can put out. Big ask of Fozzy, who will surely not be fully sharp and fit, but I still think we can do this. 

COYR

I think it’s a good game for him to come back in, he’s got that experience and calmness about him that could be vital today. 

2 minutes ago, Comrade 86 said:

Might have started Korey Smith, but otherwise I think with those missing, this is as good a side as we can put out. Big ask of Fozzy, who will surely not be fully sharp and fit, but I still think we can do this. 

COYR

Yep, since Bird has been out I’ve been concerned about having Hourihane and Adams alone in there. To be fair they’ve done well, but this is Hourihane’s 3rd game in a week so we need to be alert to any problems in the midfield, maybe NML and Barks will have to drop a bit further into that midfield.

10 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

I think it’s a good game for him to come back in, he’s got that experience and calmness about him that could be vital today. 

I'm old enough to remember the must not lose game to Sheff Weds to stay in the Championship. They were having a whip-round in Sheffield for a Fozzy statue such was his marking for two of the Owls goal. Fingers crossed it was a one off. 

2 minutes ago, Ziga Zaga10 said:

I'm old enough to remember the must not lose game to Sheff Weds to stay in the Championship. They were having a whip-round in Sheffield for a Fozzy statue such was his marking for two of the Owls goal. Fingers crossed it was a one off. 

My comment was more based on how I perceive his general effect on the side than one specific example, thanks for keeping my optimism in check 👍 

1 minute ago, oodledoodle said:

Feels like a massive game now doesn't it. Nervy nervy.

I’m keeping sight of the fact there are 7 games after today, so even if the worst happens there’s still plenty of points on offer, seems to be helping with any nerves as I mentioned earlier. Currently nice and calm, might not be in 20 mins 

My concern with the way we are set up (assuming it's a back three with wing backs) is the same concern I have whenever we play anyone good. 

Against dross like Port Vale we can get away with pushing the wing backs up to support attacks, against teams that know what they are doing it's much less effective and we are left devoid of ideas because we aren't then able to change it up and play through the middle.

Big performances needed today, especially from Ward and Sibley.