Match Thread: vs Reading (H)

Really have to be behind the lads from the start. Reading won't be bringing many (but fair play to the ones that do) and normally the atmosphere is a bit flat when there are not a lot of opposition fans in the ground. Still 23000 Derby fans can and hopefully will produce an intimidating atmosphere. I will be shouting my lungs out from the sw upper. Come on chaps this is where we the fans have to step up even when the team may not be  performing to our liking on the pitch. UTR 🐏

1 hour ago, Rambam said:

A bit concerned about what all this never ending rain will do to the pitch. 👀

As regards so called bogey teams; I don’t believe in that. Get into them. 

Rain will be stopping around lunchtime 🙂

On 11/03/2024 at 10:58, jono said:

I’d like to see an unchanged team. I have a sense they have finally gelled. Why though ?
Is it because we have Gayle’s threat / skill or is it because Adams has given us real bite or because Wardy is showing his pre injury effectiveness along with Sibs growing in to his new role. All good stuff and part of a developing team, so probably all of the above 🤣

Think its a combination of a few things! However warne did say there tapering down training now because "if there not fit now, they never will be" i wonder if thats had an impact! Like a boxer tapers down for the fight! This is the home sterch now, if there not working them so hard in training maybe they have more in the tank for games! 🤷🏻‍♂️

Up the Rams 🐏🐏

4 hours ago, Crewton said:

Not only this - he's also the clown who cost us at least a point at Bolton this season. @Carl Saganis it too late to do a Madley on him? 😉

Seriously though, I don't know who allocates referees to EFL games but someone has seriously cocked up here. This guy is incompetent. If he costs us more points the club surely has to put in an official complaint against him.

Outrageous accusation.

If your job is to blow a whistle, give fouls and dish out cards then this bloke is anything but incompetent. He loves a penalty too.

Stats from Who Scored show Charles 'let-the-game-flow' Breakspear is currently top of the league, but others have games in hand.

He's home and hosed on total yellow cards but he's not quite there with yellows per game. He'll have one eye on Carl Brook, who could take this year's pens/ game award and he'll be keeping his fingers crossed for a fight so he can go neck and neck with Simon Mather on the total reds. The rescinded red at Bolton has him only in the bronze medal berth in that category, which may have him fired up for this evening

https://www.whoscored.com/Regions/252/Tournaments/8/Seasons/9623/Stages/22081/RefereeStatistics/England-League-One-2023-2024

2 hours ago, admira said:

It won't be the easy win some are predicting. Our defeat there was ugly, they didn't let us play and they score in almost every game recently. Any Rams win will do but I can't see it being by more than a one goal margin.

I agree - they're actually in a decent run of form over the last 10 games and are second only to us in the scoring chart. Unless the club's financial predicament has finally dented their morale, they will be tricky opponents.

I hate to be pessimistic but I have bad feeling about tonight.  Everybody is building up the Bolton game as the be all and end all, and seem to have forgotten how Reading schooled us at their place.  Of course I hope I'm 110% wrong and we smash 'em, but it'll be typical Derby if we slip up tonight, if only to put more pressure on the lads come Saturday...

Angry Chewing GIF

1 hour ago, Crewton said:

I agree - they're actually in a decent run of form over the last 10 games and are second only to us in the scoring chart. Unless the club's financial predicament has finally dented their morale, they will be tricky opponents.

Don’t worry the EFL have made sure that Reading aren’t too upset about financial restrictions. 🙄🙄😡😡😡

Well, I'm buzzing, and I think I've got my mojo back after a bit of a mid-winter downer.
I see a handsome and comfortable win, and shouts of "I don't know what we were so nervous about".

I skipped home from the last home game.  I'm gonna bloody well skip TO this one.  You just see if I don't. 

Come on, you big, fat, virile, wooley, behorned Rams!

🐏

10 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Well, I'm buzzing, and I think I've got my mojo back after a bit of a mid-winter downer.
I see a handsome and comfortable win, and shouts of "I don't know what we were so nervous about".

I skipped home from the last home game.  I'm gonna bloody well skip TO this one.  You just see if I don't. 

🐏

Still overexcited from the song for tonight thread eh? 

22 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

🐏

I’ve got a devil and an angel on either shoulder. Devil says we go all flat and Reading “manage” us in a meh game.

The angel says slick rams cut holes through them and it’s a great 3-0 and we’re going up 😎

it does sort of sun up this team

3 hours ago, ramsbottom said:

I hate to be pessimistic but I have bad feeling about tonight.  Everybody is building up the Bolton game as the be all and end all, and seem to have forgotten how Reading schooled us at their place.  Of course I hope I'm 110% wrong and we smash 'em, but it'll be typical Derby if we slip up tonight, if only to put more pressure on the lads come Saturday...

Angry Chewing GIF

I’m fairly confident. Only reservation is - Has Hourihane got the “Legs” to play 3 games in 8 days ? Could be rested on 70 mins if we are 3-0 up.