Match Thread: vs Reading (H)

Most of you know I’m not Warne’s biggest fan, but that was probably one of the most confident and one sided displays I have seen this season. Ball is on the deck most of the time, some neat intricate moves but we stretch the play long when needed. All that is missing is a goal, and we have been unlucky really (woodwork and last ditch blocks). More of the same please Paul, and we will win this, and based on what I have seen, I am confident we will. Very happy with the performance so far.

Edited by DanS1992

Excellent first half performance, picked up where we left off against Bristol really. Very lucky not to be leading, couple of great saves from their goalkeeper and Cashin hitting the woodwork.

Need to keep the pressure up and find a way through. Just have this nagging feeling that Reading could hit us with a sucker punch… they usually do. Massive bogey team throughout my lifetime 

1 minute ago, DanS1992 said:

Most of you know I’m not Warne’s biggest fan, but that was probably one of the most confident and one sided displays I have seen this season. Ball is on the deck most of the time, some neat intricate moves but we stretch the play long when needed. All that is missing is a goal, and we have been unlucky really (woodwork and last ditch blocks). More of the same please Paul, and we will win this, and based on what I have seen, I am confident we will. Very happy with what I have seen so far.

Got to echo this. Haven’t been a fan of our football but that half was very enjoyable. Could have been two up. And that would be deserved 

Unlucky not to be in front. Sibs should have scored or at the very least made the keeper make a save. Cashin a midges nudger away.

Been a bit disappointed with Ward. Seems to be playing it too safe. A few times he's gone backwards when I thought he could have drove at them. 

Patience required, a chance will come our way. We just have to be clinical when it does. 

There is plenty to be positive about so far.

We have created some good chances, pressed well and battled hard. Everyone seems to understand their role much better compared to previous adventures with a back three.

Four standouts for me. Nelson is so calm and composed. Adams is playing well and is such a tour de force in midfield. Gayle sets the tone with his running and clever movement. Cashin has also contained Azeez very well from his wide centre back position.

We just need a goal to reward our efforts as the longer the game goes on, the braver Reading will get. We have contained them very well so far.

Half time story time.

I used Derby in a job interview today. Not going to go into detail about what I do/apply to, but it could involve watching back some pretty upsetting footage.

Interviewer said "it might make for some difficult watching, would that be a problem for you?"

I said no, I've been watching Derby County for over 30 years, I'll be fine.