Barnsley FC v Derby - Match Day Thread

Heisenberg

3 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

I thought it was an improvement on last season’s display at Barnsley.

But it’s another sure sign that when we get promoted this season, we must thank Warne and replace him.

We will have no chance in the Championship with Warne in charge. 

I'm no longer convinced we won't repeat last seasons stutter.

Thought we probably deserved a point without playing well, not making Barnsley play well to win is annoying!

really struggled to create anything, and our balls into the box weren’t great.

not a bad day results wise though, Barnsley joined the pack but otherwise not too much damage done. Could do with a little winning run of four or five games now.  Consolidate second place.

Worth noting that Evatt IMO is the best manager in this league and has a better squad than ours IMO. Yet currently Bolton are below us. 

We’re clearly doing something right. 

I can’t see the performances getting better or the results getting smoother. The pressure is on, we’ve got 1 fit striker and our exciting Jan signing has been abducted by aliens. 

Charlton will be tough, they’ll play percentage football. Gonna be a slog but that’s the nature of the beast now.

Edited by TomTom92

2 minutes ago, Ilsonram12 said:

Another 6 pointer that we've failed, plenty of games still to go though, if only Bolton and Barnsley could both lose against each other 😬

Gotta beat Bolton at home and get a result vs Pompey, there the next big tests 

Draws best result for us. 

Wouldn’t have Bolton getting a win on Tuesday down as a banker though, so we need to capitalise if they don’t.

9 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

I thought it was an improvement on last season’s display at Barnsley.

But it’s another sure sign that when we get promoted this season, we must thank Warne and replace him.

We will have no chance in the Championship with Warne in charge. 

Sold their two best players since then

Just now, Abu Derby said:

Think we’ll be playing this lot again over two games in the play offs. Wouldn’t fancy us to come out on top either.

Us & Barnsley would have to finish 4th and 5th, or 3rd and 6th, which I can't see happening.

Also, the aggregate score this season is 4-2 to us, so I don't see why we wouldn't be able to beat them if we had to play them twice again.

22 minutes ago, NorwichExile said:

I'm confused about why the consensus seems to be that we should have gone 4-3-3 earlier because I feel like playing a 3/5 kept us in the game when they were pressing. Their front two and the supporting midfielder would have overrun a back 4 because, let's be honest, you'd be wanting the fullbacks to bomb on too, so it'd be 2v3 on the break. You can't go away to a form team and play that aggressively.

My problem with the formation was the frantic switching at the end where the players looked lost as to what they were supposed to be doing.

Overall, two poor teams today. I think we win that with a fit squad, but it is what it is.

A back 3 of Nelson Bradley and Cashin aint the quickest, and  Barnsley's movement up front was quick. So when they sent the ball forwards  they easily caused us problems .   To play a back 3 we dropped Nyambe -a good defender. Wilson was much better after the substitutions playing further forward. Your argument ignores the benefit of having another player further forwards. This is third recent match when we had to make the switch to a back 4. Warne is too cautious.