Paul Warne

Day

2 hours ago, samtheram83 said:

I've seen a lot of people talking about Paul Warne not being great bringing academy/youth team players through.

I have a friend who's lad has been at Rotherham from a very young age and has gone on to make the bench a few times (he's still only 18 I think).

He speaks very highly of Warne and said he was great with the youth teams and was often down watching them train/play.

His son was in the academy

1 hour ago, ram59 said:

I would imagine that with Rotherham being a much smaller outfit, it was easier for him to be more involved at all levels of the club. His priority at Derby, is first and foremost about first team affairs, as would most managers at the bigger clubs.

In fairness it was only mentioned about how he was as a person. Always had time for a chat and lend an ear. Didn't mention coaching or anything.

I agree on your point, bigger club, bigger prospects and more expected maybe than Rotherham's academy.

First and foremost he's our first team manager. But good to hear his general attitude as a person stretches further than that.

3 minutes ago, samtheram83 said:

In fairness it was only mentioned about how he was as a person. Always had time for a chat and lend an ear. Didn't mention coaching or anything.

I agree on your point, bigger club, bigger prospects and more expected maybe than Rotherham's academy.

First and foremost he's our first team manager. But good to hear his general attitude as a person stretches further than that.

I have always thought he comes across as a really decent guy. Hopefully he can have a bit more success in the Championship than previously 😊

14 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

I have always thought he comes across as a really decent guy. Hopefully he can have a bit more success in the Championship than previously 😊

Can you edit 'bit' and change it to 'lot', please?😁

On 14/05/2024 at 18:31, ram59 said:

I think that it's unlikely that we'll get any young keepers or defenders on loan from Premier teams as they all seem to favour this crazy playing out from the back at all costs system.

Liverpool, last night were cruising to victory until they starting messing about a the back and got caught, it seems that every week on Match of the Day, you see goals conceded or should be conceded by teams playing around at the back. LR insisted on this practice which was the reason that I was happy for him to go.

Pep has perfected “Playing out from the back” because of the number of teams that park the bus v City. It draws the opposition out and leaves gaps . Warne will have no need for this tactic as the teams we play next season will be after 3 pts not 1. WBA spent nothing on players last Summer and got in the play offs . Their manager advocates high tempo / energy football. I hope P.W . will bring in players to be able to play this style of football next season . 

Just caught up on the whole hour (well, 45 minutes) on the TalkSPORT app. 

It's important that he takes opportunities like this and gets himself into the media to build a reputation. He comes across really well and a lot of the neutral supporters tend to really like him his approach. 

He's clearly working really hard behind the scenes, it seems as though the recruitment team have done a lot of work and now is the important part of putting it all together. Obviously he was very coy on budgets, but sounds like he knows the scale of the task at hand and knows the ability of the players required.  I think it will be more competitive than people anticipate. 

1 hour ago, Ambitious said:

Just caught up on the whole hour (well, 45 minutes) on the TalkSPORT app. 

It's important that he takes opportunities like this and gets himself into the media to build a reputation. He comes across really well and a lot of the neutral supporters tend to really like him his approach. 

He's clearly working really hard behind the scenes, it seems as though the recruitment team have done a lot of work and now is the important part of putting it all together. Obviously he was very coy on budgets, but sounds like he knows the scale of the task at hand and knows the ability of the players required.  I think it will be more competitive than people anticipate. 

A LOT more competitive definitely. We’re aiming high in the transfer market, we won’t just be there to make numbers up next season 

16 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

A LOT more competitive definitely. We’re aiming high in the transfer market, we won’t just be there to make numbers up next season 

This looks like good news . If Warne thinks it’s possible to make the Prem in 3 years, we must be after  top notch players , as they will be on 3 year contracts and go all the way with us .