Poor substitution

Ramfan1958

Absolutely. More idiocy from a truly inept tactician. Rancid football - predictable and ponderous in attack . All the clapping the fans and trying to become the next Ian Holloway with media friendly antics  cannot hide the fact that he is a truly terrible coach . We should wipe out Shrewsbury ( themselves an appalling team ) with the players at his disposal .What does he actually do all week ? 

2 minutes ago, Fuertes’s Passport said:

Absolutely. More idiocy from a truly inept tactician. Rancid football - predictable and ponderous in attack . All the clapping the fans and trying to become the next Ian Holloway with media friendly antics  cannot hide the fact that he is a truly terrible coach . We should wipe out Shrewsbury ( themselves an appalling team ) with the players at his disposal .What does he actually do all week ? 

Is this your annual post?

Can't wait for the next thrilling installment in 2025. 

30 minutes ago, Fuertes’s Passport said:

So what you're saying is you're still in the 'on the fence' camp with regards to Paul Warne then.

Edited by maxjam

In before merged with match day thread (where it should be).

But

I can’t see him making that sub unless there’s an injury, so I’m assuming there was. You don’t shore up the defence with 5 mins left by bringing on a less defensive player. Even Warne wouldn’t do that. So benefit of the doubt to Warne on that one, I think. 

Edited by LazloW

15 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

That wasn’t the poor substitution, Nyambe got clattered earlier in the half. The lack of a substitution of Hourihane was more of a problem - on a yellow card and with 0 pace, we were essentially playing with 10 men for 20 minutes.

Good point to be honest he should have been sent off for that tackle It was a shocker,  personally I think he is the week link in the midfield 😉

45 minutes ago, DCFC Kicks said:

Wilson isn't a right back, he's a wing back

A player who plays on the right hand side, whose duties are to defend when the opposition have the ball, but attack when we have the ball. A right back who plays a little further forward given the opportunity. Or are you saying that he is a winger who has to defend when necessary?

1 hour ago, Ramfan1958 said:

Poor decision to bring Wilson on at Right back cost us the match. Keep your  proper defenders on last 5 mins not a attacking wingback .

Poor decision. 

Poor decision to take Nyambe off, at that particular period of the game.  I went bonkers at the time and sadly was right. It is hugely irritating , Warne made a point in his post match interview to say the substitution wasn’t to blame, it was.