Poor substitution

Ramfan1958

10 minutes ago, WystonRam said:

Poor decision to take Nyambe off, at that particular period of the game.  I went bonkers at the time and sadly was right. It is hugely irritating , Warne made a point in his post match interview to say the substitution wasn’t to blame, it was.

He also made a point that Nyambe felt a bit of an injury and that's why he took him off.

41 minutes ago, WystonRam said:

Poor decision to take Nyambe off, at that particular period of the game.  I went bonkers at the time and sadly was right. It is hugely irritating , Warne made a point in his post match interview to say the substitution wasn’t to blame, it was.

Should have left him on to make injury worse and rule him out for the rest of the season 

2 hours ago, Fuertes’s Passport said:

Absolutely. More idiocy from a truly inept tactician. Rancid football - predictable and ponderous in attack . All the clapping the fans and trying to become the next Ian Holloway with media friendly antics  cannot hide the fact that he is a truly terrible coach . We should wipe out Shrewsbury ( themselves an appalling team ) with the players at his disposal .What does he actually do all week ? 

What a great post you certainly know your football 

2 hours ago, Ramfan1958 said:

Poor decision to bring Wilson on at Right back cost us the match. Keep your  proper defenders on last 5 mins not a attacking wingback .

Poor decision. 

I agree.

Should have kept him on and then you'd all have something else to moan at for the next 6 weeks when he was out with injury.

The substitution did ultimately cost us getting all 3pts. Without apportioning any blame in any direction, if in an ideal world Nyambe was able to finish the game, in my opinion he would have stopped their winger crossing it by smashing him over the North Stand. *Cue Kenneth Williams gif

Edited by Steve How Hard?

12 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

The substitution did ultimately cost us getting all 3pts. Without apportioning any blame in any direction, if in an ideal world Nyambe was able to finish the game, in my opinion he would have stopped their winger crossing it by smashing him over the North Stand. *Cue Kenneth Williams gif

Maybe it amounts to the same thing but the thing that cost us was the replacement, for apparently forced substitution, failing to deal with the situation.

14 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Not scoring more goals in the preceding 86 minutes cost us getting all 3 points

2 hours ago, richinspain said:

A player who plays on the right hand side, whose duties are to defend when the opposition have the ball, but attack when we have the ball. A right back who plays a little further forward given the opportunity. Or are you saying that he is a winger who has to defend when necessary?

wilson is too attacking and not solid enough defensively to be classed as a standard RB.

best position is either winger or wing back in my opinion

7 hours ago, Fuertes’s Passport said:

Absolutely. More idiocy from a truly inept tactician. Rancid football - predictable and ponderous in attack . All the clapping the fans and trying to become the next Ian Holloway with media friendly antics  cannot hide the fact that he is a truly terrible coach . We should wipe out Shrewsbury ( themselves an appalling team ) with the players at his disposal .What does he actually do all week ? 

drink coffee 😅

16 hours ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Not scoring more goals in the preceding 86 minutes cost us getting all 3 points

Interesting, theoretically.

If we were 3-0 up after 82 mins but made a few substitutions and ended up drawing a match 3-3, did not scoring 4 cost us the result or was it the impact of poor substitutions?

If the officials had done their jobs, we wouldn't be having this discussion. 

They also saw no problem with Bradley getting sandwiched by two players to stop him jumping. Absolute weapons all three of them.

Poor substitution? Let's roll with that and come up with alternative solutions. 

It's the 86th minute, you're 1-0 up at home, Nyambe goes down injured.

On your bench you have, Wilson, Smith, Thompson, and Blackett-Taylor on the bench.

Assuming nobody wants to bring Loach on for Nyambe, what do you do in that situation?

4 minutes ago, David said:

Poor substitution? Let's roll with that and come up with alternative solutions. 

It's the 86th minute, you're 1-0 up at home, Nyambe goes down injured.

On your bench you have, Wilson, Smith, Thompson, and Blackett-Taylor on the bench.

Assuming nobody wants to bring Loach on for Nyambe, what do you do in that situation?

I think it’s reasonable to assume that the first two posts on this thread were rather hasty and silly reactions to what the posters thought was a tactical substitution. If so, it’s a shame that neither @Ramfan1958 or @Fuertes’s Passport can’t come back on and concede that may be the case. I guess none of us are big enough to admit we may have got it wrong as often as we should do.

2 hours ago, May Contain Nuts said:

Interesting, theoretically.

If we were 3-0 up after 82 mins but made a few substitutions and ended up drawing a match 3-3, did not scoring 4 cost us the result or was it the impact of poor substitutions?

Hhmmmm 😉