Where do you think we'll finish this season?

14 minutes ago, Dcfcsr92 said:

1. Bolton

2. Pompey

3. Peterborough

4. Derby

5. Barnsley

6. Charlton

I think charlton will go up in the play offs 

Was this your prediction back in August? You realise Charlton are currently in 19th position - 21 points off a playoff place.

8 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

At the rate the top six are going, even if Charlton were to win every single game remaining of the season then they still wouldn’t get in the playoffs. 

Ignoring the fact they’re now 14 without a win in all competitions. 

They could be in thr relegation spots before their next game - Port Vale need a win vs Leyton Orient and Reading need to beat Stevenage 5-0 for it to happen though. Port Vale would still have 2 extra games in hand on them too.

Anywhere between 1st and 6th. We’ve shown that we can compete with the supposed better sides in the league so far this season (just mean in general given league position rather than specific results) and we’ve also shown that we can have a wobble and be our own undoing. 
I’m hoping the size and depth of the squad we have, along with it’s apparent quality and experience, gives us an advantage over the other teams that maybe don’t have the cover we do (when everyone is fit). 

I think we’ll be top 4.  Then it’s who can be most consistent.  If we can manage that, Top 2 is definitely on.  We’ve steadily improved our league position and since getting into the Top 6 we haven’t dropped out.

I do wonder if our injuries have come at the right time.  The bench yesterday was probably the strongest it’s been all season with some coming back.  Getting Washington and maybe Waggy and Foz back later this month will add that bit more quality, depth and experience for the the last couple of months.  Signing CBT means we can be a bit less nervous about NML getting injured.  Adam’s looks like he’s given us a bit of an edge in midfield.

I seem to remember Mac1 saying that Fergie used to say you don’t need to be top but be in touch going into Feb, and then kick on in the final third.  Being 2nd, others do have games in hand, after the 1st weekend in Feb is a nice place to be.

1. Bolton - They will take the loss against portsmouth and peterborough. But could still finish 1st.

2. Portsmouth

3. Derby

4. Peterborough - the main loss for them will be against Portsmouth

6 hours ago, Archied said:

Something keeps nagging at me ,,,,,,, I was at the last game of the season v Carlisle to see derby crowned league 1 champions with the title already in the bag before a ball was kicked ,,,, life often has some strange coincidences with things written in the stars 🤞,

champions 

I've been thinking that too and would happily watch another disappointing hungover performance if we were guaranteed a top two place before kick off 🤞

6 hours ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Anywhere between 1st and 6th. We’ve shown that we can compete with the supposed better sides in the league so far this season (just mean in general given league position rather than specific results) and we’ve also shown that we can have a wobble and be our own undoing. 
I’m hoping the size and depth of the squad we have, along with it’s apparent quality and experience, gives us an advantage over the other teams that maybe don’t have the cover we do (when everyone is fit). 

Really 😊 Sticking your neck out a bit there 😉

9 hours ago, Archied said:

Something keeps nagging at me ,,,,,,, I was at the last game of the season v Carlisle to see derby crowned league 1 champions with the title already in the bag before a ball was kicked ,,,, life often has some strange coincidences with things written in the stars 🤞,

champions 

Blimey I was at that game too. Carlisle were already relegated, we were already Champions. I was expecting a rout and we ended up 0-0. If fate turns out the same again, I would take a 0-0 draw.

Portsmouth fan here. I did post on this board previously so haven't signed up just to respond to this thread.

Anyway fwiw I think 

1. Bolton

2. Derby

3. Peterborough 

4. Barnsley

5. Portsmouth

6. Stevenage

Pompey have been decimated by key injuries, season ending injuries to key players. Morrell looks like a bad injury now too. 

We recruited quite well in January and have a few players back from injury but I doubt we will be top 2 come the end of the season. The key absences and pressure will get to us.

I think Bolton and Derby will finish top 2 and Pompey will make the playoffs in 5th or 6th.