Where do you think we'll finish this season?

Pure gut feeling obviously, but probably lower playoff positions. I think we'll have a patchy few weeks and drift off the pace and then start to rally as players come back but with too much to do to trouble the autos and ultimately just settling for a playoff spot, as in nearly dropping out of them.

Anything lower than that and we've had a poor run in but it is entirely possible because the margins are so fine and a couple of key players on form can be the difference between several league places.

1 hour ago, Premier ram said:

Get a grip man and support the lads

I watch every single game and pay to do so. I go to pride Park when I'm in Derby just to see it even when we're not playing. I used to get the train from Cornwall to Derby at the age of 15 with my mate who was the same age, watch them and then travel home. 

I don't care about watching Any other team, England included. I don't even watch MOTD anymore because unless Derby are in the prem I'm not interested. Derby is football to me, and I never miss a game, even when in hospital with my new born, I still watched. I keep upto date every hour for anybit of news, I live and breathe this club, so don't tell me to "support the lads" because it's all I do unfortunately. So if I have an opinion or assumption, and a fair one at that, I'll definitely be inclined to share it.

Edited by SK47

It'll be close but I think we'll finish 4th, grind out the play off semis and lose in the final to a more dynamic Pompey.

I'd have taken that at the start of the season as an improvement on last but I'll be super frustrated if that's how it ends as I think we have a huge opportunity for autos with the right approach.

With the addition of a new winger hopefully adding threat now down both flanks and a new potential holding midfielder to free up bird and hourihane, I think the plan going forward will go to a 4-3-3 

With Washington and Waghorn set to return in February they will add the ability to keep it fresh up top if they stay fit 

Wilson and Sibley maybe play big roles coming off the bench but I think we continue to struggle with our dip in form and carry it unto February until players and back and the new signings settle in and gel but we will have a strong March against the top teams and finish strong as I believe we have a easier run in and we will scrape 2nd place... just... by the skin of our teeth on the final day  🐏 ️ 

Ideal starting XI (Currently)

Wildsmith 

Nyambe Nelson Cashin Sibley 

Adams 

Hourihane           Bird

NML                                             CBT

Collins                

2 minutes ago, TheRamOfSwad said:

With the addition of a new winger hopefully adding threat now down both flanks and a new potential holding midfielder to free up bird and hourihane, I think the plan going forward will go to a 4-3-3 

With Washington and Waghorn set to return in February they will add the ability to keep it fresh up top if they stay fit 

Wilson and Sibley maybe play big roles coming off the bench but I think we continue to struggle with our dip in form and carry it unto February until players and back and the new signings settle in and gel but we will have a strong March against the top teams and finish strong as I believe we have a easier run in and we will scrape 2nd place... just... by the skin of our teeth on the final day  🐏 ️ 

Ideal starting XI (Currently)

Wildsmith 

Nyambe Nelson Cashin Sibley 

Adams 

Hourihane           Bird

NML                                             CBT

Collins                

Very happy to go with your version of events!

Between 3rd and 6th. Bolton and Peterbrough are a bit more consistant and will pull away, I'm surpised we're still in touching distance given our dodgy start and recent struggles.

Pompey are in mediocre form but have points in the bag, Barnsley are certs for me, then likely us and one other. If Oxford drop enough points and either Stevenage and Blackpool keep string a few results they might creep in. Leyton Orient, Northampton and Wigan are a bit too far back with possibly too little in the tank.

Play offs will probably be won by whoever finishes 3rd.

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

I've changed my mind - it's allowable - if Warne plays our best form players (in a good formation for them), rather than the ones he prefers and we get a striker in...then top 2 it is! #COYR

Wrong. We're finishing this season at home to Carlisle.

1 hour ago, Rample said:

Between 3rd and 6th. Bolton and Peterbrough are a bit more consistant and will pull away, I'm surpised we're still in touching distance given our dodgy start and recent struggles.

Pompey are in mediocre form but have points in the bag, Barnsley are certs for me, then likely us and one other. If Oxford drop enough points and either Stevenage and Blackpool keep string a few results they might creep in. Leyton Orient, Northampton and Wigan are a bit too far back with possibly too little in the tank.

Play offs will probably be won by whoever finishes 3rd.

Not saying you're wrong but what makes you think Barnsley are certs? The still have to play Bolton home and away, go to Portsmouth and play the mighty Rams (😄) at their place. Their record (in terms of results) over the last 5 games is exactly the same as ours and, of course, they lost at home to bottom half of the table Exeter last week.

For what it's worth, I think they will be there in the play offs along with ourselves.