Where do you think we'll finish this season?

16 hours ago, Wolfie20 said:

Jones is more likely to take them down than into the playoffs - he can't hack it anywhere else other than Luton, should never have left them.

We will see, in all fairness what manager ever does well at stoke? And did he really get a chance at southampton? In the prem a stuggling team and to manage what about 10 games? Theres a difference between league 1 and prem he will turn them around 

12 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

I had to go outside to make sure the sun want about to explode or something 

Knowing our luck all our players will be struck down with Leprosy 

4 minutes ago, CodnorRam said:

Knowing our luck all our players will be struck down with Leprosy 

Well, there used to be a guy in the Popside who brought a handbell to games, but I think he was from Nottingham.

10 hours ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

That's a proper self destruction job from Posh 😆

Which is never accounted for with those that prefer to view the world of Derby County under dark clouds. 

Wasn't long ago where we were being told there isn't enough time now to catch the front runners yet here we are, Wednesday morning needing only to better Portsmouth in one game and win the game in hand, top 2 is then in our own hands.

Absolutely no reason why any Derby fan can't just sit and enjoy the rest of the season, whilst not mathematically there, play off place barring an absolute disaster looks secure which means we have a real chance of promotion.

Realistically that's all you can wish for, that chance. 

Anyone demanding promotion, will be the ones viewing the club under the dark clouds, which is their own personal choice. 

Paul Warne is crap, can't sign decent players, has no pull, look at the crap he's signed.

Lose a game with said crap team, my next-door neighbour could get this squad promoted, we should be running away with the league.

Which is it?

Anyhow, we will lose another game and the Out Out will rise from the pages, highlighting the pain and suffering we are going through.

I watched Saturday's game via Charlton TV, their co commentator had a cheeky pop at Derby fans complaining and how hard life must be in 4th (at the time). We must, and I say we as a bundled in Derby County fan must look a bit bonkers from the outside world.

13 minutes ago, David said:

Which is never accounted for with those that prefer to view the world of Derby County under dark clouds. 

Wasn't long ago where we were being told there isn't enough time now to catch the front runners yet here we are, Wednesday morning needing only to better Portsmouth in one game and win the game in hand, top 2 is then in our own hands.

Absolutely no reason why any Derby fan can't just sit and enjoy the rest of the season, whilst not mathematically there, play off place barring an absolute disaster looks secure which means we have a real chance of promotion.

Realistically that's all you can wish for, that chance. 

Anyone demanding promotion, will be the ones viewing the club under the dark clouds, which is their own personal choice. 

Paul Warne is crap, can't sign decent players, has no pull, look at the crap he's signed.

Lose a game with said crap team, my next-door neighbour could get this squad promoted, we should be running away with the league.

Which is it?

Anyhow, we will lose another game and the Out Out will rise from the pages, highlighting the pain and suffering we are going through.

I watched Saturday's game via Charlton TV, their co commentator had a cheeky pop at Derby fans complaining and how hard life must be in 4th (at the time). We must, and I say we as a bundled in Derby County fan must look a bit bonkers from the outside world.

If we win all our games we are guaranteed top two by the fact that we would have beaten Bolton and Portsmouth and they still have to play each other so can’t take maximum points.

12 minutes ago, David said:

Put that way, it's a doddle, intit? I'm taking a game at a time. A win at Pompey isn't impossible. On the other hand, losing at home to Reading is also not impossible. We have Shrewsbury and Stevenage (over for that one) coming up and both play the type of game we have always struggled against. We will lose some games between now and the end of the season. We simply have to lose/draw less than our rivals and up we go. 

3 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

If we win all our games we are guaranteed top two by the fact that we would have beaten Bolton and Portsmouth and they still have to play each other so can’t take maximum points.

Whilst acknowledge it's not impossible to win 16 games straight, the probability of that, isn't that great for any of the top sides.

I'm not switching sides here, don't worry. I still think we'll finish 2nd as a prediction. 

6 minutes ago, MadAmster said:

Put that way, it's a doddle, intit? I'm taking a game at a time. A win at Pompey isn't impossible. On the other hand, losing at home to Reading is also not impossible. We have Shrewsbury and Stevenage (over for that one) coming up and both play the type of game we have always struggled against. We will lose some games between now and the end of the season. We simply have to lose/draw less than our rivals and up we go. 

Don't get me wrong, it won't be a doddle, we will be games where we have to dig in, find a way to put more points on the board than the others.

It's just....we're up there and in the mix, not that you would believe it if you read other topics on this forum. I refuse to blame the lack of a positive atmosphere on Warne and style of football.

I have an alternative theory in that, it's just not that exciting getting back to the division which many fans of my own age and younger will have seen the club for the majority of their lives. 

Same manager, same football, same league position, 16 games away from potentially Premier League football, this forum would be a joy to be on. 

12 minutes ago, David said:

Whilst acknowledge it's not impossible to win 16 games straight, the probability of that, isn't that great for any of the top sides.

I'm not switching sides here, don't worry. I still think we'll finish 2nd as a prediction. 

My point is, it’s now in our hands, we are not relying on someone else losing, though obviously this could and probably will change.

4 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

My point is, it’s now in our hands, we are not relying on someone else losing, though obviously this could and probably will change.

Not looked at the others remaining fixtures, if true then yeah, we're there now, didn't realise.

We have Bolton and Portsmouth left ourselves, these are looking like huge games. Wouldn't be surprised if Sky start tinkering with kick off times/days.

6 minutes ago, David said:

Not looked at the others remaining fixtures, if true then yeah, we're there now, didn't realise.

We have Bolton and Portsmouth left ourselves, these are looking like huge games. Wouldn't be surprised if Sky start tinkering with kick off times/days.

Well we are 4 points behind Portsmouth, still have to play them and have a game in hand. So regardless of Bolton, that would mean autos are in our hands. Portsmouth also have Posh, Bolton and Barnsley to play. 

18 minutes ago, David said:

Don't get me wrong, it won't be a doddle, we will be games where we have to dig in, find a way to put more points on the board than the others.

It's just....we're up there and in the mix, not that you would believe it if you read other topics on this forum. I refuse to blame the lack of a positive atmosphere on Warne and style of football.

I have an alternative theory in that, it's just not that exciting getting back to the division which many fans of my own age and younger will have seen the club for the majority of their lives. 

Same manager, same football, same league position, 16 games away from potentially Premier League football, this forum would be a joy to be on. 

First point - it has to be a large contributing factor in my mind, only because of my own experience. I'm in the South Stand, have always enjoyed the banter and enthusiasm. This season it's so quiet because games are just boring. Loads of people are just chatting among themselves. People are leaving 10 mins before the end of each half to either go downstairs or go home. At the Cheltenham game there were a few around us sitting down for periods, even though it meant they couldn't see the pitch. And that's down to the style of football - it might be effective, it's great that it's got us into the top 2, but it's not nice to watch for large periods. 

Second point, I totally agree, is also a large contributing factor. It's great to get promoted, but you're only going back to where you should be anyway. Just as an aside to your last paragraph - same manager and same football wouldn't, I imagine, lead to the same league position in the Championship at this stage of the season. Nonetheless, UTR!