Fleetwood Away Match Thread

sage

Good 3 points. We make it so hard for ourselves 

good forwards would score loads against that back 3 of ours yet when we plat two of those three with two good full backs we look very solid 

Just now, Millenniumram said:

Made hard work of that, which seems a recurring pattern. Glad we got over the line though. A good spell towards the end of the first half sealed it for us really - we looked pretty incisive and strong going forward, but that three at the back remains extremely shaky.

It’s more the lack of a functioning midfield than the back three. Countless times they get exposed because there’s a chasm in front of them. 

28 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Good header but poor defending from Bradley. Lost his man and didn't challenge for the header

Hate to say it but chaos seems to reign defensively whenever Bradley plays. We were told heading etc was his strength and with his height it should be…. But he’s useless in the air.

Yes…. Cue the ‘it’s early yet- he may come good’ comments- but to me he looks like a disastrous acquisition and a massive waste of money (wages-wise)..

14 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

giphy.gif

Obviously my favourite Thunderbird and the one I had as a kid - we're heading into orbit!

10 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

Two quality assists from Bird today

Fair play to Max for creating the two goals today. Showed what he can do. Needs to do it more.

Any win is a good win. Bolton have a game in hand on us they're likely to win, putting us 4 points behind second and 5 behind first place. That's still a significant gap. In this division, to be at the top you have to keep winning 8 out of every 10 games. We've done that once and it's landed us in the chasing pack. Now we have to do it again to catch the leaders. And then again to pull away. 16 more wins from the final 21 games probably gets us over the line.

1 minute ago, caymanram said:

Hate to say it but chaos seems to reign defensively whenever Bradley plays. We were told heading etc was his strength and with his height it should be…. But he’s useless in the air.

Yes…. Cue the ‘it’s early yet- he may come good’ comments- but to me he looks like a disastrous acquisition and a massive waste of money (wages-wise)..

No doubt about it. I imagine if Warne had a Time Machine we wouldn’t have gone through with the deal.

1 minute ago, caymanram said:

I’m not gonna offer an “it’s early yet he may come good comment”, but there were defensive headers Bradley did win in that game and ultimately we’ve won so he doesn’t need labelling “disastrous” in my opinion

This is exactly the response we needed after last weeks setback!

First half was efficient, without playing particularly well, but second half was largely poor, so it was a very mixed performance, but the 3 points is all that mattered.

Some good individual performances from Bird, NML and Wilson (who's fast become in a first choice player). Yes it was against a poor side, but away to a side fighting for survival can always be a banana-skin and we successfully avoided it. 

One word of caution, three at the back really doesn't suit our CB's and a better team may have punished us today. Something for the management to consider. 

Warne mentioned post match on sky that Fleetwood are one of the top sides for attacking stats from set pieces, which partly drove the decision to go “big”, which I’m assuming is code for playing Bradley as part of a back 3. Ultimately it’s not cost us, wonder if it’ll be back to a 4 for the Burton game 🤔 

Keeper did nothing wrong...keeps his spot for me.

Cashin had a great game. Bradley was ok but still a bit nervy. Worst performance from Nelson for a while,  back 3 doesn't suit him at all.

Wilson was game and Forsyth solid again.

Collins just playing so much better recently. NML was great again. Bird looks classy but him and Hourihane is pretty un-atheletic as a pairing.

JJ didn't feature much. Barkhuizen scored but he's another who doesn't get around the pitch enough eg got turned and just jogged back.

Characteristic Derby/Warne performance. High energy, got the points but when we drop below our levels we look really likely to concede. Goal was similar to the P'Boro first goal, just flipped cross in and no one competes. 

Bench looked strong and players to come back. However for a few minutes we looked like we may throw away a very winnable game. We don't go for the jugular and do concede ground and make life difficult. 

Fresh legs and even more options in the window and push on.

6 minutes ago, caymanram said:

I think if we continue with a 3 then Fozzy instead of Bradley.

7 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

I’m not gonna offer an “it’s early yet he may come good comment”, but there were defensive headers Bradley did win in that game and ultimately we’ve won so he doesn’t need labelling “disastrous” in my opinion

A win despite…… he’s a disaster.