Fleetwood Away Match Thread

sage

4 minutes ago, HorsforthRam said:

Just listed to PW post match interview on RamsTV. Saw the game v honestly. What do people think he means when he says we over “complicated” things in the second half. I assume he means when Fleetwood were on top but what did he want us to do? 

Perhaps he just meant we tried to play difficult passes and he wanted us to chose the easy pass more often. Seems reasonable especially if he was referring to the periods Fleetwood were on top. Sometimes you just have to keep it simple and retain possession. 

20 hours ago, cj9a408 said:

This game had an ere of Cheltenham away about it.

I liked the look of Dolan in their midfield signed from non-league.  Hungry and eager to get the ball forwards with bags of energy.  Exactly the type of players we need to progress.

Interesting Both NML and Collins said they expected to not be able to play the ball around at Fleetwood but that probably sums up the ability of our squad.  An Ipswich or Plymouth of last season would have controlled the game whereas we don't and cause ourselves problems as a result.

Very happy we ground out the 3 points and our quality shined through in the end.  I just wish we played a little more football and controlled the situations more when needed.

Is that the Ipswich that drew both games last year and Plymouth that drew one and lost the other against Fleetwood.....?

My initial feelings on the ref were not very positive, to say the least. However, after watching the highlights show, he could have easily made a few more key decisions against us.

Collins was involved in a right old tussle, leading to NML's goal, similar battles have previously resulted in free kicks against Collins.

JJ was hassling the keeper right on the line and was probably in an offside position when Collins headed the ball, for his goal. Especially with the keeper's theatrical dive into the back of the net, a free kick could have easily been given.

Finally,  there were a couple of decent shouts for a penalty in one incident just before their goal, I feared the worst at the time and we've conceded softer penalties this season.

13 minutes ago, ram59 said:

My initial feelings on the ref were not very positive, to say the least. However, after watching the highlights show, he could have easily made a few more key decisions against us.

Collins was involved in a right old tussle, leading to NML's goal, similar battles have previously resulted in free kicks against Collins.

JJ was hassling the keeper right on the line and was probably in an offside position when Collins headed the ball, for his goal. Especially with the keeper's theatrical dive into the back of the net, a free kick could have easily been given.

Finally,  there were a couple of decent shouts for a penalty in one incident just before their goal, I feared the worst at the time and we've conceded softer penalties this season.

The highlights on the website suggest we could/should have had two pens ourselves.

4 minutes ago, WharfedaleRam said:

The highlights on the website suggest we could/should have had two pens ourselves.

That's why I said that my original thoughts weren't very positive towards him, I just mentioned some decisions that went our way, for balance.

3 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

Perhaps he just meant we tried to play difficult passes and he wanted us to chose the easy pass more often. Seems reasonable especially if he was referring to the periods Fleetwood were on top. Sometimes you just have to keep it simple and retain possession. 

Agree. There was one occasion that the ball was running away from Marriot to Nelson. Nelson just belted it when there was a simple forward pass on. However, it did feel like we didn’t have many options sometimes. Midfield against our own back line and no simple out ball 

7 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

Indeed.

The "Derby Spokesperson" was Ms Cornish.  First name Patsy!

The article was also dated Friday 5th... we didn't arrive until Sat 6th!

I can't imagine why anyone would doubt the veracity and integrity of a Cornish Patsy.

I'll bet she's wholesome and highly seasoned. Possibly stuffed full of meat.....

Not exactly convincing. bird’s assists for the first and third the highlight. Encouraged to see Vickers looking ok and surprised he was given stick on here.  Don’t think we’re resting the senior citizens enough.  Amazing to see Collins scoring all these headers !  

On 06/01/2024 at 16:27, Carl Sagan said:

Bear in mind this is the division of haves and have nots where you need to be flat-track bullies to have even a whiff of going up. Last season ended up:

1 Plymouth 2.20 ppg

2 Ipswich 2.13 ppg

3 Sheff Wed 2.09 ppg

4 Barnsley 1.87 ppg

So 1.96 isn't too shabby, but is only playoff form and still some way off the automatic pace (Bolton, currently in second, are on 2.13 ppg).

We've got the second highest PPG now 🙂😀