Fleetwood Away Match Thread

sage

1 hour ago, Simmo’s left foot said:

Hilarious. Why can’t these people just support the team and cease the sniping? 😛

I think there are 2 or 3 posters who are just wind-up merchants and I tend to disregard most of their comments. They seem to get off on criticising individuals at the Club, in particular Bradley and Warne, not so often Collins nowadays who each week is now managing to keep them quiet.

I'm no fan of playing 5 at the back but without Nyambe today, Warne's hands were somewhat tied and putting either Ward or Wilson at RB could have seriously weakened our defence if put under pressure by Fleetwood. For the one goal we did concede, Bradley must shoulder some of the responsibility for not being tighter on the scorer but Cashin was in no-mans land 4 or 5 metres in front of Stockley and with no-one to mark. I'm a huge fan of Cashin and thrilled we've activated the one year extension to his contract but he has to shoulder some of the blame but hey, much easier to make Bradley the sole player responsible.

50 minutes ago, angieram said:

Just got back from Fleetwood (we took our time, walked into town for some fish and chips and a chat with numerous Derby fans before setting off.) I am a bit surprised at some of the faint praise from people on here for a good away win and the avoidance of a slip up against an energetic team fighting for a new manager. 

I seem to remember we "battered" the Cod Army 0-0 here last season, playing expansive but ultimately unproductive football. 

I much prefer us playing like we did today and bringing home three points. 

Exactly right. Just look at the Portsmouth result a couple hours later, another team fighting for promotion away to a side in the bottom 4, except they lost. These games can look easier on paper, but these are exactly the games we have slipped up in in previous promotion battles over the years.

I don't think we played that well, but in a weird way, I don't think we "tried" to. We have a busy schedule, players will get tired. I think Warne is looking to get us to do enough to win, but not exert too much energy needlessly. I think that showed after they got their goal, because we got control of the game straight away and opened up another 2-goal advantage, after being pretty poor and being under pressure from them for 15-20 minutes before that.

It's risky, because the tide could have turned and Fleetwood could've gone on to get a point, but I think if they didn't get that goal, we wouldn't have gone out to grab the third because it wasn't necessary.

It might not be the prettiest, but it's effective and getting results and that's the most important thing right now.

I don’t know if I’ve missed it or not, did Warne give a reason for dropping Wildsmith? Was he injured or was it as I’m thinking that’s he’s been a little off the last 2/3 games and needed dropping. 

19 minutes ago, Cookie said:

I don’t know if I’ve missed it or not, did Warne give a reason for dropping Wildsmith? Was he injured or was it as I’m thinking that’s he’s been a little off the last 2/3 games and needed dropping. 

As it turned out, I think I could have played in goal today and just conceded the 1…

36 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

I think there are 2 or 3 posters who are just wind-up merchants and I tend to disregard most of their comments. They seem to get off on criticising individuals at the Club, in particular Bradley and Warne, not so often Collins nowadays who each week is now managing to keep them quiet.

I'm no fan of playing 5 at the back but without Nyambe today, Warne's hands were somewhat tied and putting either Ward or Wilson at RB could have seriously weakened our defence if put under pressure by Fleetwood. For the one goal we did concede, Bradley must shoulder some of the responsibility for not being tighter on the scorer but Cashin was in no-mans land 4 or 5 metres in front of Stockley and with no-one to mark. I'm a huge fan of Cashin and thrilled we've activated the one year extension to his contract but he has to shoulder some of the blame but hey, much easier to make Bradley the sole player responsible.

Stockley was Bradley’s to mark- he just wasn’t close enough to him- Cashin may have been in open space but Stockley wasn’t his responsibility in that situation… I’m confident that if we had been playing two in the centre Cash would have tried to pick him up..symptomatic in my view of how the three at the back with Bradley in the centre brings confusion…

….:the modern World I guess of the cancel culture….but can never understand or accept someone wanting to deny someone else their opinion, whether it’s a criticism or not…. It makes them no less of a fan…

We all want the team to play at its best- even PW says that after a good win he still wants a better performance..

7 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

As it turned out, I think I could have played in goal today and just conceded the 1…

He did use the word ‘drop’ once and I think that’s what it was …:he did also mention how Vickers had trained well…

…. albeit with the added benefit that Vickers needed a competitive game…

39 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Exactly right. Just look at the Portsmouth result a couple hours later, another team fighting for promotion away to a side in the bottom 4, except they lost. These games can look easier on paper, but these are exactly the games we have slipped up in in previous promotion battles over the years.

I don't think we played that well, but in a weird way, I don't think we "tried" to. We have a busy schedule, players will get tired. I think Warne is looking to get us to do enough to win, but not exert too much energy needlessly. I think that showed after they got their goal, because we got control of the game straight away and opened up another 2-goal advantage, after being pretty poor and being under pressure from them for 15-20 minutes before that.

It's risky, because the tide could have turned and Fleetwood could've gone on to get a point, but I think if they didn't get that goal, we wouldn't have gone out to grab the third because it wasn't necessary.

It might not be the prettiest, but it's effective and getting results and that's the most important thing right now.

Totally agree. It was a great win the overall scheme of things…. We just needed the win no matter how we did it after the disappointment of the Posh game. The lads did well.

Pleasantly surprised too, as to how well the senior players had recovered fitness-wise after the hectic Xmas period 👍

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

How does Warne get the blame today?

He didn't make any changes to make us more defensive and I certainly didn't see him on the touchline waving players back.

At some point in time people are going to have to realise that in football when a team has a slender deficit in the second half they will often throw the kitchen sink and put the other team under pressure.

Some people do, others however will never accept him as manager. 

9 minutes ago, caymanram said:

He did use the word ‘drop’ once and I think that’s what it was …:he did also mention how Vickers had trained well…

…. albeit with the added benefit that Vickers needed a competitive game…

I think Vickers got the nod over Wildsmith for two reasons, Wildsmith took a knock against Peterboro and Vickers is going to start in the EFL trophy on Tuesday, so it made sense to get him used to the backline in front of him and he also won't be going into that game cold.

6 hours ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

More nonsensical hyperbole used to slate someone who is doing their job for the team. I’ll admit he’s not the imperious defender many of us hoped we’d signed, but he’s played his part in winning more games than we’ve lost, contributed to the cup run which has provided the opportunity to rest others in order to keep them fresh for the league campaign, and put in headers and blocks today.

This is the definition of the word “disaster”, in my opinion it’s nowhere near applicable to Bradley. I appreciate others won’t agree, but it’s genuinely an excessive choice of language for a player who doesn’t look as good as we’d hoped, nothing more than that;

IMG_1472.jpeg

Well, the part where sonny Bradley is responsible for 159 deaths does concern me if I'm brutally honest. I really feel like that should've been discussed when he signed.

5 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Well, the part where sonny Bradley is responsible for 159 deaths does concern me if I'm brutally honest. I really feel like that should've been discussed when he signed.

Hell yeah! @Ellafella is it too late to change my match rating? Sonny's got a big, **** off points deduction coming 😱

1 hour ago, Cookie said:

Alluded to him not being match fit, something about him not training well on Thursday.

Said they wouldn't play an outfield player who wasnt 100% and the same goes for goalkeepers.

Said the coaching team collectively agreed Vickers deserved his chance. 

Hopefully Ive not taken anything out of context or misquoted but that was what I took from the interview but only heard it once. 

55 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I nearly had a heart attack when I saw him in the starting line up so that would have been 160 tbh

3 hours ago, DavesaRam said:

Skygo refused to work so Rams TV it was then - from Amsterdam. They mentioned the possibility of going third several times, but we put paid to that yet again. But at 3 - 1 with 2 minutes added time to go they said again, as if no-one had thought of it “Of we score another we’ll go third”!!! 🙄🙄🙄🙄. What a stupid thing to come out with. Especially as we’d have gone third if we hadn’t ponced about for most of the second half.

Come on Paul, try getting us to keep on what has worked for most of the match instead of reigning us back because we are no good reigned back. We could already be firmly sat in the automatic places.

Maybe if the ref had done his job and gave us at least one of the penalties we should of had, you would be able to give Warne a break.

3 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Just collected the mother in law from her Xmas vacation so had to record it and watch it when I got back. Was a bit like the famous Likely Lads episode ensuring I didn’t get the result. A decent win, not pretty but got the job done. Also on another day could have had 2 pens. On to Bradford 😊🐏

What other day would that be, then?