B4 - for ever a Ram 🐏

angieram

3 hours ago, B4’s Sister said:

😭😭😭 Does anyone know how I can save this video? 

I think the easiest way is to go the siteΒ https://ssstwitter.com/

and then paste the twitter linkΒ https://twitter.com/OwenBradley/status/1729103306650206612 into the box. Then you'll get download options.

Edited by Carl Sagan

I was going back over to my mum's on Saturday afternoon to look after her. I timed my journey so that when the applause started I would be parked off the road in a beautiful little hamlet near mum's home called Dunstall. The light over the hilly countryside was so golden that afternoon. It made all the trees, fields and sheep and sky seem gilded with gold. Just when the applause started It seemed as though there was a moment when heaven and earth met briefly. Bless you, B4, this amazing moment summed you up.

AΔΊways thought the 'Allez' song needed a second verse so here goes:

They docked us 21 points

And we don't give a F@@k

Cos we are Derby County

And we are going back up

Β 

We won it with Brian Clough

We won it with Dave Mackay

We will win it for B4

Whose singing in the sky

Β 

Allez allez allez etc...

Here are the details of Daniel’s funeral. The funeral cars will be passing Pride Park on the way to the crematorium (time tbc), anyone who wishes to give a clap as Dan goes past is welcome to do so. If you are planning on attending the funeral and would also like to come to the wake, please send me a private message by Tuesday 5th December.Β 

Resized_Screenshot_20231130_183422_Gmail.jpeg

1 hour ago, B4’s Sister said:

Here are the details of Daniel’s funeral. The funeral cars will be passing Pride Park on the way to the crematorium (time tbc), anyone who wishes to give a clap as Dan goes past is welcome to do so. If you are planning on attending the funeral and would also like to come to the wake, please send me a private message by Tuesday 5th December.Β 

Hi Claire, thanks for the information, I will try and nip out of work to give Daniel a clap , hope the day goes ok and he gets the send off he deserves , I will sort my donation shortlyΒ 

Might be overkill but nearby / available forum members (and whoever else) could drive to PPS and form a line outside the ground for when the cars pass? Maybe even raise a glass in a nearby bar after if they're off work. I mean, who says B4 can only have one organised round of applause?

2 hours ago, B4’s Sister said:

Thank you Claire.
xxx

If you can clarify the route/timings once known, it would be most appreciated.

Living locally, and moreover working even more locally (Off Ascot Drive) of a weekday mid-morning, I will be extremely disappointed in myself if I cannot wangle the hour off to come to stand by and wave goodbye to the friend I never met... and what better place to do so than outside his beloved home of DCFC.
(I did wonder... but didn't like to ask/intrude... about the funeral arrangements, as it was always my intention to try and say goodbye to Daniel "in person").

Β 

*Given the seasonal temperatures, I may well be wrapped in a hoody or similar wussy garb, rather than a flimsy footy shirt, but rest assured, it will be a DCFC hoody, and it will bear the Ram proudly upon my chest.
Daniel deserves no less.

🐏🀍

1 hour ago, May Contain Nuts said:

Might be overkill but nearby / available forum members (and whoever else) could drive to PPS and form a line outside the ground for when the cars pass? Maybe even raise a glass in a nearby bar after if they're off work. I mean, who says B4 can only have one organised round of applause?

im-in.gif

Β 

*Well, not sure about the local bar, but I'm up for standing in the cold, to clap and wave him off!

🐏 

8 hours ago, B4’s Sister said:

Claire, i will not be able to attend due to work but i hope those who can will see Daniel safely past the Pride Park Stadium that he loved so much.

My friend of nearly 40 years, a season ticket holder in the South Stand, had his funeral cortege drive past the ground earlier this year and it was very sad. It broke many of us who are supposedly manly chaps because of how much it meant to him.Β 

It will be the same for you and your mum and dad, knowing how much that bit of land that used to be Chaddesden sidings now known as Pride Park (my late Dad worked for British Rail on this site for 32 years so it has real meaning for me) meant to Daniel.

I will make a donation in Daniel's memory and hope the fantastic good wishes from the members of this forum will give great comfort to all your family and friends.

XXX

Β