Derby County Versus Barnsley - Match Day Thread - League 1

S8TY

17 minutes ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

Winning is loads better than being crap and losing in my opinion. Great, dominant performance. Fully deserved win. Should really have scored more though - need to be more clinical. 
UTR and B4

🐏🐏🐏🐏

I don’t think you’re alone in that feeling somehow. 😀

Happy days. Real fighters performance. Some good football thrown in too. Think Cash ran Collins close for MOTM and thought Smith did some excellent ratting. Barks blew hot and cold, how did he miss that having done the hard bit so well ?

Not much in it first half but the goal early in the second was a kick in the round objects that they couldn’t recover from. After that we ran it. We all know Collo’s weaknesses but he played damned well today and roughed up anyone who came near him. In a word Gutsy. There was a similar and welcome attitude in all our team today. No one was going to be intimidated and it showed.

Mr Warne, I hope you read this "Forum" because there is some good feedback from the Rams fans. Since you binned the 3 at the back the team has steadily improved. Today most players were above average in their performance and playing a strong team, they just blew them away. My one criticism is; in the 75th minute you brought Sonny Bradley on and reverted back to 3 centrebacks, during that last period of the match Barnsley had 2 good chances and could have scored. PLEASE STICK WITH A BACK FOUR!!!!!

Took our grandson to his first match today, he really enjoyed it, he wants to go again, so new rams fan in the making 😁🐏🐏

As for the game, thought Barnsley had better possession first half, without creating much, other than Joe’s excellent save, didn’t think the ref gave us anything first half other than the pen.

2nd half I thought we were miles better than them and could have easily finished with 6 or 7 goals, thought we were excellent and dominant, wasn’t a bad performance, and credit to Collins, he gets a lot of stick on here, but his performance today is what I expected from him when we signed him, more of the same please JC.

UTR and RIP B4 , you would have enjoyed that today 💔💔🐏🐏

24 minutes ago, plymouthram said:

Mr Warne, I hope you read this "Forum" because there is some good feedback from the Rams fans. Since you binned the 3 at the back the team has steadily improved. Today most players were above average in their performance and playing a strong team, they just blew them away. My one criticism is; in the 75th minute you brought Sonny Bradley on and reverted back to 3 centrebacks, during that last period of the match Barnsley had 2 good chances and could have scored. PLEASE STICK WITH A BACK FOUR!!!!!

He doesn’t.

Just got back in.

Great game today,we never left them alone and their lack of chances or opportunities was the result of that.

Great game for collo but fozzy was my man of the match,he made some superb, brilliantly timed challenges and scored a lovely goal (or was it 2?)

That game would have pleased warne very much i suspect as it seemed to contain all of the qualities he wants from the team,hard work,passion,pressing, athleticism and goals (although we could easily have had 6)

Edited by kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong